Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gooneric View Post
    Could i get away with 215/50 .. i already have two of these tyres unused in my garage.
    It'll be a tight fit, but worth a try IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Luke_M View Post
      Ok, cool. I'm using bilstein sports and I cut the bumpstops down by about 1.5" so I thought that was ruled out. I guess I was wrong. Thanks for the advice!
      Ah. I'd suggest looking into a full coilover kit, either cheapie JOMs or some nice BCs. You'll be able to go lower without sacrificing ride comfort.

Comment

Originally posted by red325ix View Post
        I have a set of DSII's from an e36 M3 that I'd like to try to get on my e30.

17x7.5 et41 front
        17x8.5 et41 rear

I'll need adapters as I'm not converting to 5 lug. Should I get the thinnest @ 18mm and 20mm?

What would be the optimal tire size if I could make these fit.

My car is lowered pretty low on GC coilovers.
        18mm adapters
        215/40 F 235/40 R

or

30mm adapters
        195/40 F 205/40 R

Comment

Originally posted by InNeedOfBoost View Post
          I wasn't asking a fitment question, I was asking what's a good tire and where to find said tire in a 225/45-16.
          First post:

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
          Now, this thread is open to all questions regarding fitment of wheels/tires. Discussion of "what tire should I buy?" or "what colour should I spray paint my 18 year old bottlecaps" will be deleted or otherwise moved from the thread. Fitment questions only. Note: answers may include tire recommendations in that particular size, but please no direct questions regarding tire choice.
          The thread is for fitment info and archiving of said info. Tire shopping is not the goal.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
            Need offsets.
            That would help...et15

Comment

16x8 tire question

going with 5 lug setup, will be running 16x8 style 5 from e38.
              1997 e36 m3 front knuckles and 318ti rear subframe and arms.
              I would not like to run skinny tires, what is the widest i can mount on the front and rear?
              I have access to a fender roller if i needed to.
              Thanks in advance.

Fender Roller Rental | RTAB Tool Rental

e36 Climate Control Issues?
              Your ≠ you are
              You`re ≠ your

Comment

Originally posted by 5ickride View Post
                What recommendations do you have for 16x7.5 (f) and 16x9 (R) Borbet B on a KW V1 coilover suspension? I would like to have some cushion (meat) if possible.

Thank you
                That would help...et15 (offset)
                I just want to consolidate it into one post here. Thank you

Comment

new question (cant believe you still answer all of our questions daily lol) 17x9 et20 WITH KAmotors flares (ultra wides extra 2.5" clearance back and 1.9 front) widest tires i can fit?

Comment

17x8 et35 215/45 tires

What spacers are needed that will give it a decent "flush" look.

Comment

Wheels 16X8 25 offset with 205/50 tires. Will these fit or will I need to roll fenders and use spacers?

Comment

Sorry guys, took a week off for H20i. Also switched up wheels on my car again, hurray for the fitment guy's first set of custom wheels.

Not that anyone asked. Okay back to the grind.

Comment

That would help...et15
                          205/45 front
                          215/45 or 225/40 rear

Rear fender roll needed.

Comment

Originally posted by boriksh View Post
                            going with 5 lug setup, will be running 16x8 style 5 from e38.
                            1997 e36 m3 front knuckles and 318ti rear subframe and arms.
                            I would not like to run skinny tires, what is the widest i can mount on the front and rear?
                            I have access to a fender roller if i needed to.
                            Thanks in advance.
                            215/45 with a good rear roll and solid spring rates (go north of 600lb).

Comment

Originally posted by asuj158 View Post
                              new question (cant believe you still answer all of our questions daily lol) 17x9 et20 WITH KAmotors flares (ultra wides extra 2.5" clearance back and 1.9 front) widest tires i can fit?
                              Experience with flares is too little to make the type of fitment advice I can give to stock cars. It'll be a try-it-and-adjust-accordingly type of deal.

17x9 clears the struts at +15, so you'll need a small spacer on the fronts.

Comment

Originally posted by mbonanni View Post
                                17x8 et35 215/45 tires

What spacers are needed that will give it a decent "flush" look.
                                The tires are a bit too tall to go flush, but should work well with 10-12mm spacers.

If you moved to a proper 205/40 or 215/40 you could go 15-20mm.

Comment

Working...
                                X