Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey, i have a 1988 325i 4 door and i'm planning on getting some racelands. what size wheels and tires would have a nice flush fitment? i plan on dropping about 2-2.5 inches btw. and i also plan on rolling my fenders as soon as possible. thanks for the help :D
    Keep it sideways!!! XD

Comment

Hello Jay,

I hope this is going to be my last question to you!
      ASA AR1 8x17 ET35, currently no tires.
      My car is a late model '89 318i.

What size of spacers do I need for this? 15 mm all over?
      And what tires do you recommend? 215-225/40 maybe?

Thank you for your help, I really appreciate it.
      Last edited by daniel.core; 04-22-2014, 02:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rjlimpo View Post
        I'm going to pick up a set of Enkei Compe 16x8 et25 for my 87 320i early body. What tire size do you guys recommend? Any rolling required?

Thanks
        10-12mm all around with a 205/45 tire.

Or 3mm front spacers and 225/45 or 205/50 tires.

The first one looks better, the second one has bigger tires if you're into that. No rolling with either.

Comment

Originally posted by daniel.core View Post
          Hello Jay,

I hope this is going to be my last question to you!
          ASA AR1 8x17 ET35, currently no tires.
          My car is a late model '89 318i.

What size of spacers do I need for this? 15 mm all over?
          And what tires do you recommend? 215-225/40 maybe?

Thank you for your help, I really appreciate it.
          15mm all around, 215/40 tires.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
            15mm all around, 215/40 tires.
            Thanks man, you rule! ;-)

Comment

I have a 91 318IS with H&R sport springs and Bilstein shocks.

I'm thinking of running either a 15x8 +15 or 15x9 +10

I would like to fit it w/o doing too much fender work, what kind of tire sizes do you recommend?

Comment

Looking for suggestions on tyre size...currently running ESM 002 16x8 and looking to go to ESM 004 17x8.

What tyre size would be recommended? Would like to keep similar stance and appearance...and not have the front stick out.

Current:
                ESM 002 16x8 ET20 205/50/16
                ESM 004 17x8 ET20 ??????????

Current Setup Pic:

Last edited by ninekrpm; 04-22-2014, 12:02 PM.

Comment

Hi

That was what I was thinking of getting, the ESM 002 in either 16x8 or 15x8.
                  Do you have pics of your setup?

Comment

I'm currently on 225/45R17 with my 17x8 and 17x9 staggered E34 M-Systems.

I was looking to do 215/45r17 as they were closer to stock size and not taller than stock, which I don't want.

I've read Yoko S-Drives run wide and I can get a decent deal on 205-45s. Just want to make sure that the 205's won't be too stretched on the rears. Obviously I'm fine with some stretch but I just want a tire that is maybe a bit narrower than what I have and definitely not so damn tall.
                    For all things 24v, check out Markert Motorworks!
                    Originally posted by mbonanni
                    I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

I am trying to find wheels for my 1990 coupe. I am pretty sure I want to go 15"s because of track tire selection. I do not want stretched tires. I will be lowering the car but not slamming it, probably spec e30 suspension. Handling is the goal. I don't want to roll the fenders or modify anything.

The wheels on my short list are 15x9 ET10. I would like to use Nitto Nt01 225/45-16 because they are cheap and seems to feel good for many track days. This is not a daily driver. Will this fit without rolling the fenders or any other mods? Will it rub anywhere?
                      Last edited by infanterene; 04-23-2014, 04:48 PM.
                      I'm not a real car guy :(

Comment

Originally posted by iPee View Post
                        I have a 91 318IS with H&R sport springs and Bilstein shocks.

I'm thinking of running either a 15x8 +15 or 15x9 +10

I would like to fit it w/o doing too much fender work, what kind of tire sizes do you recommend?
                        If you'd like to keep it simple with the fender work, but the 15x8s and run 205/50s. Shouldn't have to do anything.

Comment

Originally posted by ninekrpm View Post
                          looking for suggestions on tyre size...currently running esm 002 16x8 and looking to go to esm 004 17x8.

What tyre size would be recommended? Would like to keep similar stance and appearance...and not have the front stick out.

Current:
                          Esm 002 16x8 et20 205/50/16
                          esm 004 17x8 et20 ??????????

Current setup pic:

215/40/17.

Comment

Originally posted by Roysneon View Post
                            I'm currently on 225/45R17 with my 17x8 and 17x9 staggered E34 M-Systems.

I was looking to do 215/45r17 as they were closer to stock size and not taller than stock, which I don't want.

I've read Yoko S-Drives run wide and I can get a decent deal on 205-45s. Just want to make sure that the 205's won't be too stretched on the rears. Obviously I'm fine with some stretch but I just want a tire that is maybe a bit narrower than what I have and definitely not so damn tall.
                            215/45 is still over a half inch taller than 88+ stock tires (and a full inch larger than what the E30 was designed for, 195/60/14s). Unless that was a typo, in which case yes 205/45 can work all around. The fronts may scrub the wheel well slightly in parking lots but otherwise it's good.

Comment

Originally posted by infanterene View Post
                              I am trying to find wheels for my 1990 coupe. I am pretty sure I want to go 15"s because of track tire selection. I do not want stretched tires. I will be lowering the car but not slamming it, probably spec e30 suspension. Handling is the goal. I don't want to roll the fenders or modify anything.

The wheels on my short list are 15x9 ET10. I would like to use Nitto Nt01 225/45-16 because they are cheap and seems to feel good for many track days. This is not a daily driver. Will this fit without rolling the fenders or any other mods? Will it rub anywhere?
                              If you want a functional setup, you need 8" wheels. 15x8 +20 is the standard, with 225/45/15 tires.

Comment

Hey Jay, wondering if I can run 235/40/17 on my e36 m3 with 17x8 et20 front and 17x9 et26 rear. I know the front will fit because I ran it before, but worried that the rear won't clear. The tires are fallen fk453 which seem to run wide.

Currently on 17x8.5 et13 with 215/40/17 and they rub in the rear...
                                IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X