Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

17x8.5 et25 will they fit and what size tires? 235/40/17?

Comment

Not going as planned. Did a mock fitment without tires (just one), wheels did not rub, very close on the inside, but did not rub. Added tires and 3mm spacers for good measure, mounted on car. Headed out for my journey around the block. Made the first turn, got a smile, kept going, started the second turn and gggrrrrrrrinding started. Chewed off some of the lip. Bolts were still tight, removed and replaced, still hitting. Ran home, changed back to bottle cap, everything is fine. What the hell happened?

Notes:
      Still waiting on hubcentric rings, but really don't think that's the problem.
      15x8 et25
      225/50/15 kumho ecsta
      3mm spacers
      stock lug bolts
      sigpic
      Streetable poly mounts, trans mounts are here!
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...ght=streetable
      '94 318i
      '07 335i
      '11 X5
      '89 325ic m30b35

Comment

Originally posted by RedReplicant View Post
        Would 205/45-16 look strange on a square 16x8 +20 setup? Tire choice kinda sucks.
        Not at all strange.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy2400 View Post
          Sorry I have another question:
          I'm also looking to purchase 17x8 Apex ARC-8 et25 and I plan to run 20mm spacers to clear my BBK I have BC Racing coilovers and want to know if they will fit and what modifications are required for them to fit. Please let me know and what size tire can I run?
          Btw the car is an 84
          Not a very good setup. You'll end up with lightweight, made to spec track wheels that are now so spaced out that you need to run stretched tires.

Comment

Originally posted by Atl4s View Post
            I'm looking at some Work XSA's (16x8+23) and they have some 205/45/16 falkens on them. Are there spacers in my future?
            Paper thin clearance to the front struts, but it should just work.

Comment

Originally posted by itskingsteelo View Post
              Ooooooooooone more thing, would 205/40 sized tires look stretched or normal? Someone also told me i could run 215-45 which would be better for everyday use
              Stretched.

Pro-tip: When asking in a thread full of pure, specific E30 fitment info don't suggest something completely different than recommended because some guy told you it works. If it works, I'd tell you.

Comment

Originally posted by nickyatm650 View Post
                Tires on 16" style 5's with 20mm adaptors?
                195/45 ideally. 205/45 with front and rear fender rolling.

Comment

Originally posted by aworthybrother View Post
                  Hi,

Can i run 20mm adapter spacer with no rubbing? My fenders are not rolled.

(Ronal LS 16x7.5 5x120 et35)
                  Yes, but only with 205/45 tires.

Comment

Possible to do 235/40r17 with 5-lug swap? How much rolling? Assuming E39 style 42s with hub rings (Et~20 from what I recall).

Comment

Originally posted by Jand3rson View Post
                      Jay, what's a decent tire in 205/50/16 that doesn't have a super tall sidewall? I've got 204/45 Federals right now, and I really don't like them much, plus it's getting close to tone for new tires. Along with that, I'd like to fill my wheel wells a tad more, but the 205/50 Feds I had on there before looked gargantuan. What do you recommend? The looks of a tire are important to me. Thanks!
                      In my research, sidewall height between tire brands are usually very close. It's section width and tread width that vary wildly. Try to find a tire whose section width is not wider than the average 205/50.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Corbett View Post
                        1989 325I Lowered on HR Sports with Bilstein Sports. Picked up a set of 4x100 to 5x120 18mm adapters. I have a couple of 5 series rims that I thought I could use, I added the 18mm instead of subtracting. So I am guessing they will be "Hella Flush" with a ET2? I am assuming most E36 rims will work, starting with around 40mm offset, then spacers netting about 20? Am I looking at this right?
                        Exactly right. Use 3-series wheels with their high offsets with adapters.

Comment

Originally posted by Aehachiroku20v View Post
                          17x8.5 et25 will they fit and what size tires? 235/40/17?
                          No, you will need 10mm front spacers. Once you do that, 215 will be your limit on the fronts. 235/40s should work in the rear with a flat roll and no spacers.

Comment

Originally posted by G-Man the Visionary View Post
                            Not going as planned. Did a mock fitment without tires (just one), wheels did not rub, very close on the inside, but did not rub. Added tires and 3mm spacers for good measure, mounted on car. Headed out for my journey around the block. Made the first turn, got a smile, kept going, started the second turn and gggrrrrrrrinding started. Chewed off some of the lip. Bolts were still tight, removed and replaced, still hitting. Ran home, changed back to bottle cap, everything is fine. What the hell happened?

Notes:
                            Still waiting on hubcentric rings, but really don't think that's the problem.
                            15x8 et25
                            225/50/15 kumho ecsta
                            3mm spacers
                            stock lug bolts
                            What lip got "chewed off"?

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                              What lip got "chewed off"?
                              The inside of the wheel... Not chewed off, but ground up pretty good from the strut... Strange huh?! I'm gonna wait til the rings come in and maybe try 5mm spacers.
                              sigpic
                              Streetable poly mounts, trans mounts are here!
                              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...ght=streetable
                              '94 318i
                              '07 335i
                              '11 X5
                              '89 325ic m30b35

Comment

Thanks!

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                                No, you will need 10mm front spacers. Once you do that, 215 will be your limit on the fronts. 235/40s should work in the rear with a flat roll and no spacers.

Comment

Working...
                                X