Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pbmig View Post
    Hmm, i see. I forgot to mention the previous owner changed the stock spring pads to a thicker one, but i forgot the length. You think i can run 205/45 front 215/40 back without rolling? How about with rolling, do you think 205/45 215/45 would be an ideal setup? Thanks man, i really appreciate your professional help.

What I can only confirm from the previous owner is that the stock spring pad would scrape scrape with every speed bump, and the thicker ones have no problems with any speed bumps.
    Ride height doesn't factor much into my suggestions here. I expect the car to use its full range of suspension travel regardless of setup so that the advice is all comparable.

205/45 215/45 is a good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullhead View Post
      What setup would you all recommend with a 225 50 16 tire. I was thinking of going 205/50/16 in the front and 225/50/16 in the back because I can get the same brand and style tie but it looks like the 225 is 3/4" taller and idk how this would look. I have a stock suspension now but plan on doing a lowered stance but not slammed. I would like at least 1 - 1 1/2"s of fender gap and the ability for my shocks to travel. I would also like to run the 50 series sidewalls if I can on the 16's, I like a little meat on my tires. I am already in the process of finding fender roller I can use so the lips will be tucked. I am running a small 5mm spacer and with a 205/50/16 this puts me about 0.5"s from the strut right now. I will have to measure my offset but it's a standard Honda type "uni" wheel I'm sure.
      225/50/16 only sort-of works in the rear. I've yet to see a setup in that size that doesn't rub. I would need wheel width, offset, and suspension setup to comment further.

Comment

Hi Jay,
        I'm in a bone stock 89 325ic. Might lower 1" at later date. Don't really want to roll fenders.... but I'll do what I need to.
        Looking at 15x8 et20 (esm011's)

what tires can I run without rubbing?
        spacers?
        What happens if I drop it?

Thanks!
        89 e30 white vert
        88 e30 Red vert
        2003 330i sedan
        2011 E93 335is
        2007 Z4Si (gone)

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
          225/50/16 only sort-of works in the rear. I've yet to see a setup in that size that doesn't rub. I would need wheel width, offset, and suspension setup to comment further.
          Right on I will get that tomorrow. Right now it isn't rubbing in the rear at all and has plenty of clearance with stock ride height. I can tell thought the rear fenders will need tucked if lowered over 3 inches. I will get those specs for you sir and some good pics.
          sigpic87 325E The Honey Badger

Comment

That wouldn't fit at all, 205/50s are needed.
            I thought you could fit 225s on unrolled?
            sigpic

(clicky on piccy to get to thread)

Comment

Originally posted by BruceJ View Post
              Hi Jay,
              I'm in a bone stock 89 325ic. Might lower 1" at later date. Don't really want to roll fenders.... but I'll do what I need to.

spacers?

Thanks!
              Buy 205/50s. No rubbing, even slammed. You won't need spacers.

Comment

Originally posted by econti View Post
                I thought you could fit 225s on unrolled?
                Sure, with about 10 other variables perfectly in line. And 15x8 +15 immediately rules that out.

Comment

I picked up some 15x8 et5 wheels and they don't clear the front caliper. I see folks posting about et0 fitting fine. Enlighten me please..

Comment

Sure, with about 10 other variables perfectly in line. And 15x8 +15 immediately rules that out.
                    Then what offset do I need?
                    sigpic

(clicky on piccy to get to thread)

Comment

Burn them with fire!

To fit them properly you need $200 worth of spacers and bolts. Just use that money towards wheels that fit and don't look like that. :)
                      Roger that, I would like a diff set of rims but it seems my car is a basket case and I have to R&R the trans tomorrow so I am stuck with Honda wheels. I had a guy offer me some stock bottle caps but I couldn't find a performance 14" tire that wasn't for race only and I like the 15-16" wheel in this car. I reckon I will grab some acetone from work maybe some magnesium and just burn them, lol jk, but maybe idk. Side note I have decided to stay with a 205/50/16 tire as the other guys have recommended. What is a good 15" size for a tire on a street lowered setup sir?
                      sigpic87 325E The Honey Badger

Comment

lug bolt length for your mahles

Originally posted by macinnis View Post
                        Thanks for the help Mystikal! I got the wheels in the mail and held them up to my hub, I couldn't mount them tho because the lug bolts were to small to even thread in but it seemed to clear the caliper ok. I am buying a stud kit from motorsport hardware and I'm also trying to rent a fender roller.
                        After the roll, would you recommend the 195/55 or 205/50? I want it to be able to work as good as it looks because I'm auto crossing the car. I have ground controls with 500/700 spring rates, trying to be low and aggressive without rubbing or wacky camber.
                        Hey MacInnis,
                        I have the same setup coming! I was wondering if you found the lug bolt length that works best?
                        Thanks!

Comment

Hello good people

I've tried searching all over for this - maybe I'm missing something, but the info is not adding up in my head.

I have a 1986 325e with stock suspension. Picked up some Team Dynamics Pro Race 1's which are 15x7 et25, with 205/50 tires on them. I did measure the wheels and 25mm offset is accurate. When I put the front wheels on the car and lower the jack, the tires hit the front struts, not allowing the car to lower fully. Looked pretty spooky at first when the car wouldn't come down! I had the jack placed under the front main crossmember.

Any idea why the wheels don't fit? I've read in multiple places that 15x7 et25 is a good fit for the e30. I think maybe some spacers would solve this, but people say you don't need spacers with 15x7 et25, which is why I got these wheels. Is my suspension messed up?

As a side note, the stock bottlecap wheels (14x6?) with 195/65 tires are about 5mm away from hitting the front struts! Can't even fit my finger between the tire and the strut. Isn't that pretty close? Not much room for extra wheel/tire width. For the back wheels there is more room, maybe 30mm between the tire sidewall and the strut.

Follow up question: If indeed spacers are needed in the front to clear stock suspension, are they needed for after market suspension (such as H&R + Bilsteins)? Planning to upgrade in a few months, so I could probably skip the spacers for now, if that's the case.

Thanks so much for any advice, this thread is rad.
                          Last edited by ba4x; 09-18-2014, 11:00 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Hi Jay,

spacers?

Thanks!

Buy 205/50s. No rubbing, even slammed. You won't need spacers.
                            Would 205/55's work? Thanks
                            89 e30 white vert
                            88 e30 Red vert
                            2003 330i sedan
                            2011 E93 335is
                            2007 Z4Si (gone)

Comment

Hey Jay,

I have a 1987 325is on a H&R cup kit lowering it 2.2" in the front and 1.7" in the rear.

The wheels in question are 17" BBS RF.

The fronts are 17X8 ET40, with a final offset of ET15 with the 25mm adapter

For the rears I am leaning towards 17X9 ET 27, with a final offset of ET09 with an 18mm adapter. Or going 17X9.5 ET21 with a final offset of ET03 with 18mm adapter.

My questions are:
                              1. what tire size do you recommend, particularly for the rears
                              2. What rear rim size/offset do you recommend? I am assuming the 9" ET27 is my best bet
                              3. How drastic of a fender roll will I need?

Thanks in advance!

Rhys

Comment

hey there fitment guru's!

i have a 88 325is, i have the fenders rolled and ill be lowered on BC coilovers. im looking at a couple sets of wheels, and need some spacer/tire advice.

1st set:
                                16x8 +15 all around

2nd set:
                                16x9 +15 all around

im looking to get a fitment like this:

let me know what you guys think, thanks in advance!!

Comment

Working...
                                X