Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by E30 Wagen View Post
    I have some 17x8.5" et13 wheels. Will these fit with a E30 M3 five lug swap? I was thinking either 225/35 or 215/40, going on an early model with only a mild drop.
    Need to run 205/40s, and roll. E30 M3 hubs push wheels slightly further out than 4-lug so don't compare specs.

Comment

Originally posted by ST1G View Post
      Undoubtedly answered prior....

BBS RC090's 17x8 et20 will be running 18mm adaptors. Lowered real good on coils.
      205/40s and rolling.

Comment

Originally posted by rds4129 View Post
        Looking into building a set of CCW wheels and want to make sure I get things right from the beginning. Just picked up a 1988 325ic last night with an M30 swap. Hopefully you guys can lend some insight and see if i'm headed in the right direction.

What i'm thinking : 17" wheels, staggered fitment, minimal rubbing, minimal stretch

I was thinking 17x7 in the front with 1" lips, and 17x8 or 8.5's in the rear with 2 or 2.5" lips. from some reading it looks like my offsets need to be between 20 & 25 et. tire sizes recommendations would be great also.

Thanks in advance

Would also be interested in tire sizes for the same setup in 16's.
        Go with 17s. 16" tires have vanished.

17x8 +25 front 215/40 (or 205/45 for exact diameter match with the rears, your call)
        17x8.5 +30 rear 235/40

Comment

curious, will an et41 16in 6.5j clear ?

Comment

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment T...

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
            Go with 17s. 16" tires have vanished.

17x8 +25 front 215/40 (or 205/45 for exact diameter match with the rears, your call)

17x8.5 +30 rear 235/40

Et's of 25&30 will clear inside with coils?

Any tire recommendations, brands? Nice clearance without too much stretch.

Thanks for help!
            Last edited by rds4129; 10-07-2014, 04:48 PM.

Comment

205/40s and rolling.
              Thanks!

Could I make a 215/40 fit?

Comment

Looking for a non M 5 lug car that might have some BBS RX203 wheels on it. 17x8 et 10 so these are gonna be tight think I will have to run 215-45-17's on them.

Thoughts?
                https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Mystikal, you know anything about e34 5 series fitment? A friend of mine has a 95 525it and was thinking of picking up the wheels below...

Specs

Wheel -17x7.5 ET 28
                  Tire - 225/40 17

Stock suspension (sport package) and no modifications. My only concern was the offset working, what do you think?
                  sigpic

A man chooses, a slave obeys... Would you kindly?

Comment

Originally posted by bmwmaniac2 View Post
                    curious, will an et41 16in 6.5j clear ?
                    The wheel would likely clear by about a mm or 2, but with tires they would likely contact the front struts.

Comment

Originally posted by rds4129 View Post
                      Et's of 25&30 will clear inside with coils?

Any tire recommendations, brands? Nice clearance without too much stretch.

Thanks for help!
                      Yep. Not sure of tires available in both sizes off the top of my head, sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by ST1G View Post
                        Thanks!

Could I make a 215/40 fit?
                        Nope. TBH it'll still rub with 205/40s, I only started recommending this setup because so many people have done it and lived with the slight rubbing. In my opinion, they don't actually fit.

Comment

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
                          Looking for a non M 5 lug car that might have some BBS RX203 wheels on it. 17x8 et 10 so these are gonna be tight think I will have to run 215-45-17's on them.

Thoughts?
                          You would have to run 205/40s actually. Very very aggressive fitment.

Comment

Originally posted by pantelones View Post
                            Mystikal, you know anything about e34 5 series fitment? A friend of mine has a 95 525it and was thinking of picking up the wheels below...

Specs

Wheel -17x7.5 ET 28
                            Tire - 225/40 17

Stock suspension (sport package) and no modifications. My only concern was the offset working, what do you think?
                            They fit, but will leave quite a huge gap all around (E34 fenders are big and usually run wheels that are both an inch wider or more and lower offset too). The tires are also far too short in diameter. Overall, not ideal.

Comment

The wheel would likely clear by about a mm or 2, but with tires they would likely contact the front struts.
                              thats good news, I have steelies I want to have widened for stretch

Comment

Will a 16x7.5 with an et25 fit these cars well Mystikal? And what tire would you recommend while keeping a 50 sidewall?
                                sigpic87 325E The Honey Badger

Comment

Working...
                                X