Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking to run 16x8f 16x9r with 205/45 up front and 215/45 in the rear. Think I could get by with mild fender rolling? Bav auto spring with bilstein sports on an early model car.

Anyone have any pictures of those tire sizes on that wide of wheels? Trying to avoid stretch as much as possible.
    sigpic

Comment

Looking to run some 16x9 on my 1991 318is. stock suspension. what should i know in terms of tires selection and fitment in general.

Comment

I'm looking at 17's, ESM 004's as follows:

Front
        17x8 +20
        215/40/17

Rear
        17x9 +40
        245/40/17

I'm going to be running semi slicks, Yokohama AD08Rs or similar: http://www.yokohama.com.au/Tyres/ADVAN-Neova-AD08.aspx

Will I be able to run 245/40 in the rear, or will 235/40 be my max?

Will be getting the front and rear fenders rolled. Should I tell the guy to pull them out as well?

This is on a '90 318is.

Thanks!
        '90 318is

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
          Yeah, +25 is too much for a 15x8. 5mm universal spacers with longer bolts are what you need.
          You are exactly right. I measured 2.5mm of clearance with the 5mm spacers, entirely due to the huge curb protectors on the 225/45 Rivals. Thanks for the input.
          "If the sky were to fall tomorrow, the tall would die first."

-Dr. Paul Forrester

Do I LOOK like I need a psychological evaluation???

Comment

Originally posted by mattdk318i View Post
            Looking to run 16x8f 16x9r with 205/45 up front and 215/45 in the rear. Think I could get by with mild fender rolling? Bav auto spring with bilstein sports on an early model car.

Anyone have any pictures of those tire sizes on that wide of wheels? Trying to avoid stretch as much as possible.
            Without offsets this can't be answered.

Comment

Originally posted by Dolghii View Post
              Looking to run some 16x9 on my 1991 318is. stock suspension. what should i know in terms of tires selection and fitment in general.
              16x9s only look good when the car is slammed to the ground, really. I'd suggest sticking to 8" or narrower wheels for stock height.

Comment

Originally posted by AusScare View Post
                I'm looking at 17's, ESM 004's as follows:

Front
                17x8 +20
                215/40/17

Rear
                17x9 +40
                245/40/17

I'm going to be running semi slicks, Yokohama AD08Rs or similar: http://www.yokohama.com.au/Tyres/ADVAN-Neova-AD08.aspx

Will I be able to run 245/40 in the rear, or will 235/40 be my max?

Will be getting the front and rear fenders rolled. Should I tell the guy to pull them out as well?

This is on a '90 318is.

Thanks!
                ESM makes a 17x9 +40 wheel? Didn't know that, neat. Your proposed setup would well with a 10mm rear spacer. It will understeer like crazy though, hopefully you have huge power in there, or in the plans.

Comment

Originally posted by funcrew View Post
                  You are exactly right. I measured 2.5mm of clearance with the 5mm spacers, entirely due to the huge curb protectors on the 225/45 Rivals. Thanks for the input.
                  Sweet!

Comment

Hey, looking to run 16x8 et15 wheels on my e30 with vogtland springs, what tires should I get?

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                      ESM makes a 17x9 +40 wheel? Didn't know that, neat. Your proposed setup would well with a 10mm rear spacer. It will understeer like crazy though, hopefully you have huge power in there, or in the plans.
                      Yeah, they advertise it as being a direct fit for e30's without fender flares or spacers.. Would the space just then be for tyre clearance on the strut?

I'll be running ~400hp+ so will need as much grip as possible, thus the 245 R-comps. Would 235 fit without a spacer?

Thanks!
                      '90 318is

Comment

Question about Ronal LS with spacers. I've searched and found a few threads on this, but haven't been able to come up with any concrete information.

I'm looking to push the rear wheels out a little bit so they aren't so tucked. The wheels are 15x7.5 et 25 with 205/55R15 tires. I'm on Billy Sports + H&R Sports with both rear spring pads.

Will I be able to get away with 12mm spacers and rolled fenders? I don't want to do any further fender work, but wouldn't be opposed to rolling them. From what I've read 12mm is the minimum width that are still safely hub centric.

That would theoretically be the same as a 15x7.5 ET13 wheel, any idea if that fits an E30 (late model)?

Comment

Here's some specs of a wheel I'm looking at. I run Billy sport shocks and H&R Sport springs.

ROTA WHEELS - GRID_V

15X7"

Bolt Pattern 4X100mm

Offset 20 mm

Lip Size: 2.2.5"

Hub Bore Size: 67.1 mm

OR

Some used Volk wheels I just found nearby

16x7
                          Offset 42
                          Hubbore 73mm

I'm a total newb, so whatever I'd need/to do to make these fit would be much appreciated
                          Last edited by Mushroom Stew; 01-09-2015, 04:00 AM. Reason: grammar

Comment

Originally posted by corona6 View Post
                            Hey, looking to run 16x8 et15 wheels on my e30 with vogtland springs, what tires should I get?
                            205/45 is ideal. Just clears without fender mods.

Comment

Originally posted by AusScare View Post
                              Yeah, they advertise it as being a direct fit for e30's without fender flares or spacers.. Would the space just then be for tyre clearance on the strut?

I'll be running ~400hp+ so will need as much grip as possible, thus the 245 R-comps. Would 235 fit without a spacer?

Thanks!
                              I can't see a 17x9 +40 fitting without spacers. A 17x10 +20 (wheel only, no tires) clears the trailing arms by a few hairs, and the 17x9s would be 7mm closer. Hence why I suggest 10mm spacers.

Comment

Originally posted by dishwab View Post
                                Question about Ronal LS with spacers. I've searched and found a few threads on this, but haven't been able to come up with any concrete information.

I'm looking to push the rear wheels out a little bit so they aren't so tucked. The wheels are 15x7.5 et 25 with 205/55R15 tires. I'm on Billy Sports + H&R Sports with both rear spring pads.

Will I be able to get away with 12mm spacers and rolled fenders? I don't want to do any further fender work, but wouldn't be opposed to rolling them. From what I've read 12mm is the minimum width that are still safely hub centric.

That would theoretically be the same as a 15x7.5 ET13 wheel, any idea if that fits an E30 (late model)?
                                Very tight fit. With 205/50s it would be fine, but I think it might rub just a bit with your existing tires.

Comment

Working...
                                X