Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you suggest for the H&R ride height? 17x8 +40 front and 17x9 +42 rear with some spacers? I currently have 17x7 and wanted to go wider...
    The Lineup in order of appearance:
    91 535i
    91 318is 5 Lug/E46M3 Brakes
    91 325is w/ S52
    88 Vert Plastic Bumper Swap
    88 M3 ;D
    91 325ix 5 speed
    89 Vert Royalblau Metallic
    73 2002
    1986 325es --> is swap Rallycross Car!!
    1995 Chevy G30 Tow Rig... *I SOLD A CAR!!*
    1993 525i Granitsilber Metallic Touring

Need a 91 M5 bad but wife would shoot me...twice

*UPDATE: got a 93 M5 and still alive

1972 Jeep Wagoneer
    1975 2002 five speed

Check out:
    Elhartspeedshop.com

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
      S.drives by a mile. 225/45/15 would be your best option, despite the undersized diameter.
      Thank you for responding so promptly. Can't express how much I appreciate your help. I know there are more options in that size, but I'm trying to gain a bit of ride height. Mainly due to my sucky ground clearance with the s52 3" exhaust. My current 205/45 s.drives are 590mm, vs 583mm for the 225/45's. Basically the plan is to adjust the coils up while making sure the wheel wells still look filled :rofl:

Comment

16x8.5 +6
        16x9 +0

I've seen these run before, but it is an extreme fitment. You will need rolled and maybe slightly pulled fenders, especially the rears. 205/45 all around.
        Thank you very much for your help !

Comment

Originally posted by elcoy View Post
          What do you suggest for the H&R ride height? 17x8 +40 front and 17x9 +42 rear with some spacers? I currently have 17x7 and wanted to go wider...
          Those would work with 15mm spacers all around. 215/40 front and either 235/40 or 245/35 rear. Rear fender roll needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Neil1138 View Post
            Thank you for responding so promptly. Can't express how much I appreciate your help. I know there are more options in that size, but I'm trying to gain a bit of ride height. Mainly due to my sucky ground clearance with the s52 3" exhaust. My current 205/45 s.drives are 590mm, vs 583mm for the 225/45's. Basically the plan is to adjust the coils up while making sure the wheel wells still look filled :rofl:
            I think the sidewall height vs. ground clearance balance is the single most important fitment stat for a functional static car. I have bought new tires that are 0.1" shorter or taller just for that bit of fitment adjustment. You're not crazy!

Comment

Thanks! Once again you the man!
              The Lineup in order of appearance:
              91 535i
              91 318is 5 Lug/E46M3 Brakes
              91 325is w/ S52
              88 Vert Plastic Bumper Swap
              88 M3 ;D
              91 325ix 5 speed
              89 Vert Royalblau Metallic
              73 2002
              1986 325es --> is swap Rallycross Car!!
              1995 Chevy G30 Tow Rig... *I SOLD A CAR!!*
              1993 525i Granitsilber Metallic Touring

Need a 91 M5 bad but wife would shoot me...twice

*UPDATE: got a 93 M5 and still alive

1972 Jeep Wagoneer
              1975 2002 five speed

Check out:
              Elhartspeedshop.com

sigpic

Comment

I have a machined 5 lug conversion, pushes front out 12mm each side. rear is e30 m3 5 lug width, same as stock. I have a set of style 42 17x8 et 20 all around, im thinking about strapping them with 225/45/17 or should I go 40 aspect ratio? Thanks in advance for the help!

P.S. currently on eibach springs and bilstein sports, soon to be on full ground control coil overs, I have no problem rolling fenders if need be, fronts are already rolled a bit from P.O.

apexgoblin - versteht nicht jeder. Ist auch besser so!

Comment

I have a set of 16x7.5" rims with 225/45/16 RE55S tyres. The rims appear to be et37. What's the minimum spacer needed up front? They fit ok on the rear with out rubbing.
                  sigpic

Comment

Background:
                    I'm currently running 16x8 et8 front/16x9 et15 rear with 225/45/16 Falken FK452's all around. I'm happy, but I wish I went 16x9 square.

Tires are almost shot, and the only thing I can find without shipping internationally are two Toyo Proxes T1R 225/45/16 (and they're on clearance for $75/pc). I can ship two 245/45/16 of these for another $400, and I feel it is worth it.

My questions:

1: With 16x9 et15, how hard is it going to be to fit 245/45 in the rear? It is already rolled and pulled somewhat, but it looks pretty close as is.

2: I plan to swap the fronts out for 16x9 et15 as well, which will push my wheel out 6mm more. I've test fitted my current rears to the front and with a 225 it looks like it will work, but would you call me crazy if I try to fit 245's up front after I run out of 225's?
                    Originally posted by priapism
                    My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                    Originally posted by shameson
                    Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Looking for the best tire fitment for 16x9.5 et 30 front and rear.
                      15mm spacers would also be needed?

Comment

That will most definitely rub in the back. +25 is the key rear offset for 17x8 235/40.
                        Will that rub even with a fender roll?

I'm struggling to find decent 17s new to run 17x8+20 front and 17x8+25 rear.

Thanks for your help.
                        '90 318is

Comment

Late Model e30 with rolled fenders on ground control coils, lowered but not dumped.
                          - car is a turbo car (s52 turbo making 500+whp) so looking to fit largest rear tire I can on the apex acr8 17x8+25 wheels.

Can I fit a 245/40 out back on that wheel? or should I stick to a 235/40 square setup?
                          - street tires also no Hoosiers. Most likely NT01/Toyo R1R/R888

Thanks!
                          1989 325is - S52 Turbo Swap
                          1995 M3 - SCCA CStock AutoX Car
                          1991 318is - M20 swap - 5spd(SOLD)

Comment

looking for some guidance. Have original basket weaves on my e30 325is. I was looking at getting 205-60r14 Falkens but can't seem to find any. What are my options? No spacers or hub changes for me. Thanks

Comment

Test fitted today. These are a lot wider than I anticipated and I'm having some trouble clearing the coilovers. Simply to get an idea, the pictures below show the test fit with 40mm's worth of spacers and camber plates maxed out.

Wheel specs are 16x9.5 CCW LM16's. They were purchased from a local guy here who said they were a +22 offset. But I'm a little confused because with the 40mm spacers, that would put me at -18. Not realistic, right?

Any other ideas on clearing the coilovers?

Download the WheelCo App! https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/whee...046704912?mt=8

Build Thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=344312

Comment

with a 9.5j wide wheel, you need a final offset to be +6mm to clear the strut housing. The previous owner was wrong with offsets.
                                2014 Alpine White 335i MSport
                                (Daily Driver)
                                Full Mperformance Aero

2007 Black Sapphire Metallic E92 335i (6MT)
                                KW V2 Coilovers
                                VRSF Catless Downpipes

Comment

Working...
                                X