Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MMIACSURVIVOR View Post
    Im planning on buying 16x8 XXR wheels, 0+ offset, 4x100. I was planning on running 205/45/16, 215/50/16, or 225/45/16 tires. Which would work best, or fit best on my 1988 325i??
    You will need small tired of you don't want to rub constantly. 205/45 might work but the other two 100% won't without a 20+ offset. I ran 15x8 et 5 front and -5 rear and needed 195/50r15 to not rub all the time.
    1990 325i Touring - The Bonsai Bimmer - Patiently Waiting
    1984 316 Coupe - The Base Model - Pain in the Ass
    1988 750iL - The Daily Driver
    ...And a couple others...

Comment

1987 325es

I looked through this thread for a very long time and couldn't seem to find it but I'm going to order Team Dynamics 1.2 in either 16 or 17. I don't really care which. But I would like to fill the fender up and run 235/45 or equivalent tires. Which is the best size wheel to order with offset so I won't have to run spacers? They offer pretty much whatever you could possibly want. Just want to get it right the first time and not have to mess with it!

Thanks!
      Luke

Comment

Actually lets make it easy. I'll do 17x8 team dynamics pro 1.2. What offset/ tire combo would be the best for that setup?

Comment

Originally posted by E30-Ellerman View Post
          Purchased a set of 16x8 et25 wheels, have 205/50 Michelin Pilot's... Going to be running a 10mm spacer to start front and back (stock wheels had spacers and longer wheel bolts, didn't think to buy shorter wheel bolts)

How would this set up be? Would it be more ideal to remove the spacers and just have the 16x8 et25 wheels on front and rear?

I'm currently lowered about 1.6-1.8 inches.

Thank you!!
          To run the 10mm spacers all around you will need to roll your rear fenders. Or you can leave the fender and run the spacers in the front only. They are necessary there to clear the front struts.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravosa View Post
            Thanks boss. What's the stretch like with that set up?
            Home of the worlds largest collection of Tyre Stretch and Stance photos

Comment

Originally posted by dirtythirtyboy View Post
              Hey! I'm sure this has already been answered. Buy can't seem to find it. I'm looking o get 17x8.5 inch bbs reps with et25 offset. Will this work/rub/stick out too far? My 1989 325i vert has h&r sport springs. What tire ize should i also be getting?. 215/45 r 17? I wanna get rid of some wheel gap. Thanks!
              Needs 5mm front spacers and either 205/40 or 215/40 tires. Fender roll all around with the latter.

Comment

Originally posted by stanhayward View Post
                Okay thanks. My theoretical setup would be 10mm closer to the trailing arm so I'm not sure how well that'll work... 16x11" ET 10 is the setup in question and would sit pretty much flush at the fender edge with my current setup of 16x9 ET -15.
                Just remembered 17x10 +20 fits without a spacer. The 1" diameter difference factors in, but that data says a 17x11 would definitely work at +7. I think you have a solid chance. Worst case, grind the seam on the trailing arm ever so slightly. Z3M guys have done it many times and our arms are insanely valuable.

Comment

Originally posted by MMIACSURVIVOR View Post
                  Im planning on buying 16x8 XXR wheels, 0+ offset, 4x100. I was planning on running 205/45/16, 215/50/16, or 225/45/16 tires. Which would work best, or fit best on my 1988 325i??
                  None. Don't buy 0 offset wheels.

Comment

Originally posted by Luke.fraizer View Post
                    Actually lets make it easy. I'll do 17x8 team dynamics pro 1.2. What offset/ tire combo would be the best for that setup?
                    You're asking backwards. What offsets does it come in?

Comment

I have a 1989 325i with bilsten sports and h&r springs about 1.25" drop. I just bought some 15x7 et 33 and now I am questioning my purchase. I don't know what exact tires to put on I was thinking either 205/215? and 45/50? Just seems like that is the tire other people have used. I am worried the wheels won't work properly. Plus I'm not exactly sure which tires will be the best. Thanks Jay!

Comment

The offsets available are E20/25/33/38/40/49 or 53. Thanks for your help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Lbcwalrus View Post
                          I have a 1989 325i with bilsten sports and h&r springs about 1.25" drop. I just bought some 15x7 et 33 and now I am questioning my purchase. I don't know what exact tires to put on I was thinking either 205/215? and 45/50? Just seems like that is the tire other people have used. I am worried the wheels won't work properly. Plus I'm not exactly sure which tires will be the best. Thanks Jay!
                          The wheels should just barely work without any spacers. They will be close to the suspension for sure, but should clear. Stick to 205/55 for stock overall diameter, or 205/50 in a pinch. You can later buy 10-15mm spacers all around if you'd like, for better fitment.

Comment

Originally posted by Luke.fraizer View Post
                            The offsets available are E20/25/33/38/40/49 or 53. Thanks for your help!

Cool. 17x8 +25 is PERFECT. You can run 235/40/17 tires with just a fender roll. 16s will require front spacers and you would need to back down to a 225/45/16 tire where there are much, much less choices than in 235/40/17.

Comment

Perfect! Thank you so much!

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                                The wheels should just barely work without any spacers. They will be close to the suspension for sure, but should clear. Stick to 205/55 for stock overall diameter, or 205/50 in a pinch. You can later buy 10-15mm spacers all around if you'd like, for better fitment.
                                Thank you Jay! I was considering buying a 10mm spacer. If I do so will the tires be the same as your earlier recommendation (205/55)? And would it require fender rolling? Thanks again for your input. Brian

Comment

Working...
                                X