Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jonnymooshoo View Post
    They haven't told me. They've built lots of wheels for e30s so I'm sure they know. I'm just wondering what tires I should buy for either setup

My decision is going to be based on which tire sizes are more readily available?
    Can't buy tires without knowing how the wheels fit. I wouldn't give a company a penny without knowing the wheel specs first.

Comment

Originally posted by MTD View Post
      @Mystikal once again i need your help

The setup you recommend works flawlessly (16x9 et 20 + 16x8 et 25 + 3mm spacers up front), but the thing is, in my country i can't legally use the wheels until i take them to a company that runs some tests and they check that the setup is fine. Problem is, they don't allow spacers, or wheels sticking out of the body of car.
      The upside is, that they are only care about the size of the wheels, and the size of the tire, not the ets, and not the width of the weel. This means that if i find some 16 wheels with 205/45/16 tires, that don't rub, don't stick out of the body, and don't need spacers, i can just go and use those to run the tests, i get aproved for 16" wheel with 205 tires, and when i get home i just swap the first setup i have, and i'm legal ;) i will be asking friends if they can borrow me some wheels to do this

So, my question is, with 16" wheels, and 205/45/16's, at which interval of et's and widths should i be looking to get that perfect fitment?

Thanks in advance, and tell me if you didn't understand some of the things that i said!
      7": +5 to +30
      7.5": +10 to +25
      8": +15 to +20

Comment

Originally posted by Azscentence View Post
        Since I've posted this I purchased the same set of wheels (17x8.5 et30)but with a 4x100 pattern, so no more adapters! Should I still run 205/40?
        Still need spacers as they will hit the struts. I would suggest 12-15mm all around along with 205/40 tires.

Comment

Originally posted by A4cams View Post
          Mystikal,
          I need your guidance. I picked up a set of the Alpina Kopi's (17X7.5 ET20) and then in my infinite wisdom (or lack of) purchased 225/45/17's. I like to look but have some rubbing and haven't lowered the car yet. I only want to drop about a 1/2 inch. Options???? Aside from offering someone a great deal on brand a set of new Michelin's and buying a new set of 215's or 205's? Help!
          215/40 is perfect for those.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
            7": +5 to +30
            7.5": +10 to +25
            8": +15 to +20
            Thank you so much! This is taking in account that the wheels can't stick out of the body right? Just asking because of that et5 on the 7"s

Comment

Thanks Mystikal. I was hoping that I wouldn't have to pick up a new set of tires but............ Live and learn.

Comment

Can I get away with a 215 45? There are only 8 choices at Tire Rack in the 215 40 compared to about 90+ in the 215 45 (better price point).
                thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by MTD View Post
                  Thank you so much! This is taking in account that the wheels can't stick out of the body right? Just asking because of that et5 on the 7"s
                  Yup. 16x7 +5 would still tuck inside with a 205/45.

Originally posted by A4cams View Post
                  Can I get away with a 215 45? There are only 8 choices at Tire Rack in the 215 40 compared to about 90+ in the 215 45 (better price point).
                  thanks!
                  205/45 is a better alternative.

Comment

Ix

Bought some Ix weaves for the 86 Sedan slammed on race land coils. Fenders aren't rolled and not looking to raise up either. So what size spacer and tire size should I buy. Looking for a flush look not staggered really. I've seen 15, 20, and 25 mm spacer. Also found a cheap set of 205/50s don't want wheel gap and don't want to rub. What about 205/55s? That being said What do you think?
                    But if the front wheels look flush and the rear doesn't I'll mix & match the spacers. Just looking to get this right the first time

Thanks for the response.

Comment

Zender Widebody on NASA Spec E30 and M3 eccentic CAB's

Hi

Utterly epic thread. Astonishing. The internet at it's finest.

I've recently bought a Zender Widebody euro/Australian 318i (with turbo M10 but that's another story) currently on 15x8 ET0 Zender star rims.

I've replaced the Zender suspension set up with NASA Spec E30 Bilstein/H&R Race combo but it's raised the car.

Can't work the arches as Zender plastic.

Recommendation for best sizes/offsets, a 16 or 17 (probably x 8 but open minded) that will make use of the new space without compromising handling?

Big thanks

Stig
                      Last edited by StigR; 02-26-2016, 05:09 PM.

Comment

16" style 4 or 5 fitment

hi r3vers, can i mount style 4 or 5 16" with stock suspension? i know i need adapters and 18And 20mm adapters. 205/40/16 fit ok? then what if i add bilstein sports and h&r springs? any comments appreciated
                        1989 325ix(sold)
                        1989 325i sedan s52 powa (current)

Comment

When it comes to offsets, I'm completely clueless. I have a 1991 bmw 325i right now and I'm on the hunt for new wheels. When I was younger I always wanted an e30 with bbs-rs wheels, so that's what I plan to get. I currently found a set that is 8.5 and 9.5 size 16" with +15et. Does anyone know if that will fit fine? Will I need to buy some spacers?! And as for the tires, my car is currently bagged so I would like it to sit somewhat flush when it's aired out.

The old setup I had was...
                          17x8 et33 in the front
                          17x10 et20 in the rears

I also had adapters on the car which obv pushed the wheels out more but I forget what size they were...

**The wheels I am planning to get are 4x100 so adapters won't be needed. If anything, I will need spacers if it doesn't clear something.

long story short...I just want to know if those spec wheels will fit my car without a problem. If they won't fit, what size spacers will I need and what size tires will I need?!

appreciate any and all help :D

Comment

Hey Mystikal,

I'm thinking of going back to 14" basket weaves from my 16" wheels. I'd like to run some wide tires if possible. Is 215/60 too much for a 6.5" 14" basket weave? I could go with 195 if absolutely need be, but would like something a little wider.

Comment

Originally posted by UgkNW* View Post
                              Bought some Ix weaves for the 86 Sedan slammed on race land coils. Fenders aren't rolled and not looking to raise up either. So what size spacer and tire size should I buy. Looking for a flush look not staggered really. I've seen 15, 20, and 25 mm spacer. Also found a cheap set of 205/50s don't want wheel gap and don't want to rub. What about 205/55s? That being said What do you think?
                              But if the front wheels look flush and the rear doesn't I'll mix & match the spacers. Just looking to get this right the first time

Thanks for the response.
                              15mm front, 20mm rear, 205/55s. If you're willing to roll the rears 20/25 stagger would work.

Comment

Originally posted by StigR View Post
                                Hi

Utterly epic thread. Astonishing. The internet at it's finest.

I've recently bought a Zender Widebody euro/Australian 318i (with turbo M10 but that's another story) currently on 15x8 ET0 Zender star rims.

I've replaced the Zender suspension set up with NASA Spec E30 Bilstein/H&R Race combo but it's raised the car.

Can't work the arches as Zender plastic.

Recommendation for best sizes/offsets, a 16 or 17 (probably x 8 but open minded) that will make use of the new space without compromising handling?

Big thanks

Stig
                                Sorry, I'm of no help when it comes to aftermarket arches.

Comment

Working...
                                X