Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
    That's Jordan's old E30. I think he was running 18x8.5 square with something like 245/35 front 255/35 rear. It rubbed from what I recall.

17x8 +25 is ideal. You can run this with 235/40/17 tires with just a fender roll.
    Wouldn't the 17x8 +25 rub in the front? Isn't +20 needed in the front?
    '90 318is

Comment

Alright so I'm looking to get 16" wheels, probably 8 width. Lowered on shitty coil overs. What's the best offset I could go with without having to modify my fenders? I'd like a little poke

Comment

So I rethought things and went 16X8 et20 wheels and was thinking 16/45/225 all round. Have a buddy with roller. And plan on painting the car so I'm not too worried about that. Is it possible? If so how hard. I hate to just ask here but there are just too many pages too look through haha.
        1990 S50 Calypso-rot 325i

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.SpeedOrr View Post
          Hey there. Wondering about 16x8 Et 20 with 205/50/16

Car is on bilatein sports and BavAuto springs. Many thanks!
          Those springs are fairly low/soft, so it might just touch in the back occasionally. Should be good to go though.

Comment

Originally posted by stanhayward View Post
            Hey, weird question here, but I'm wondering about the highest offset you can run in the back without touching the trailing arm. I'm trying to fit maximum width under the rear of my widebody and need to know how far I can go in.

I just need to know width and offset for what you've tried and I can convert the numbers from there. For example, will a 16x10 ET25 clear the TA?

TIA
            Because of the shape of the arm a larger diameter wheel has more space in an E30 (front and rear). I've seen 16x9 ET25 as the most aggressive inside rear fitment in a 16" that worked. I believe there is still some space to go but haven't seen anyone do it.

Comment

Originally posted by AusScare View Post
              Wouldn't the 17x8 +25 rub in the front? Isn't +20 needed in the front?
              Not in 17".

Comment

Originally posted by Ravosa View Post
                Alright so I'm looking to get 16" wheels, probably 8 width. Lowered on shitty coil overs. What's the best offset I could go with without having to modify my fenders? I'd like a little poke
                16x8 is beautiful at +12 to +22. The lower in that range the better poke you will have. No rub with 205/45/16 tires.

Comment

Originally posted by Midweste30 View Post
                  So I rethought things and went 16X8 et20 wheels and was thinking 16/45/225 all round. Have a buddy with roller. And plan on painting the car so I'm not too worried about that. Is it possible? If so how hard. I hate to just ask here but there are just too many pages too look through haha.
                  Super common setup. Works with a roll and a non-slammed height.

Comment

Purchased a set of 16x8 et25 wheels, have 205/50 Michelin Pilot's... Going to be running a 10mm spacer to start front and back (stock wheels had spacers and longer wheel bolts, didn't think to buy shorter wheel bolts)

How would this set up be? Would it be more ideal to remove the spacers and just have the 16x8 et25 wheels on front and rear?

I'm currently lowered about 1.6-1.8 inches.

Thank you!!
                    2016 F-150
                    1987 Royalblau 325es B25 turbocharged

Build thread here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=405594

Comment

Originally posted by E30-Ellerman View Post
                      Purchased a set of 16x8 et25 wheels, have 205/50 Michelin Pilot's... Going to be running a 10mm spacer to start front and back (stock wheels had spacers and longer wheel bolts, didn't think to buy shorter wheel bolts)

How would this set up be? Would it be more ideal to remove the spacers and just have the 16x8 et25 wheels on front and rear?

I'm currently lowered about 1.6-1.8 inches.

Thank you!!
                      That's 16x8 effective et 15. Should be good. I'd be very surprised if the fronts would clear the strut without the spacer. Are your fenders rolled?
                      -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
                      08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
                      318iS, slow build/garage queen...
                      '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
                      Originally posted by roguetoaster
                      Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Originally posted by DER E30 View Post
                        That's 16x8 effective et 15. Should be good. I'd be very surprised if the fronts would clear the strut without the spacer. Are your fenders rolled?
                        Negative fenders are not rolled. Think they will need to be? I don't know my exact drop, was about to the 1-2 finger wheel gap on the stock bottle caps with 205/60/14 (Setup going on is about .40 higher)
                        2016 F-150
                        1987 Royalblau 325es B25 turbocharged

Build thread here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=405594

Comment

16x8 is beautiful at +12 to +22. The lower in that range the better poke you will have. No rub with 205/45/16 tires.
                          Thanks boss. What's the stretch like with that set up?

Comment

Hey! I'm sure this has already been answered. Buy can't seem to find it. I'm looking o get 17x8.5 inch bbs reps with et25 offset. Will this work/rub/stick out too far? My 1989 325i vert has h&r sport springs. What tire ize should i also be getting?. 215/45 r 17? I wanna get rid of some wheel gap. Thanks!

Comment

Because of the shape of the arm a larger diameter wheel has more space in an E30 (front and rear). I've seen 16x9 ET25 as the most aggressive inside rear fitment in a 16" that worked. I believe there is still some space to go but haven't seen anyone do it.
                              Okay thanks. My theoretical setup would be 10mm closer to the trailing arm so I'm not sure how well that'll work... 16x11" ET 10 is the setup in question and would sit pretty much flush at the fender edge with my current setup of 16x9 ET -15.
                              1990 325i Touring - The Bonsai Bimmer - Patiently Waiting
                              1984 316 Coupe - The Base Model - Pain in the Ass
                              1988 750iL - The Daily Driver
                              ...And a couple others...

Comment

Im planning on buying 16x8 XXR wheels, 0+ offset, 4x100. I was planning on running 205/45/16, 215/50/16, or 225/45/16 tires. Which would work best, or fit best on my 1988 325i??

Comment

Working...
                                X