Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by e30onBBSs View Post
    15x8 et 18, I know 225 will work, but will 235 or 245 work? Was reading about fitment issues but with 18 is the offset in the zone where they won't rub anywhere?
    225/50s would rub a little. 225/45s probably wouldn't. There are no street 15" tires wider than that.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
      No, I answered your question. You can't run 225/45s without rubbing constantly on those. I recommend 205/45s.
      I appreciate the help. I know you're completely doing this as a service for us and you don't have to spend your valuable time among us morotals and I really do mean it when I say I appreciate it, but c'mon, I think just saying no without providing an alternitive is a waste of your time just as much as it is mine.

Again thank you for the help. I'm sure I'll be back. Your still awesome.
      1990 325i Cashmere Beige

"I don't like question marks. They're like exclamation points, but think they're fancy because they're curved. I won't tolerate it." -MNChiefsan

Comment

Originally posted by KnockOffBrand View Post
        So I'm thinking about getting some 15x8 Advanti storm S1 wheels with 205/50r15 kumho tires. I'm on h&r race springs with bilstein sport shocks and struts. My fenders are rolled to accommodate for the 16x8 (xxr 530) wheels and 225/50r16 bridgestone tires I have on now. There is still a good bit of rubbing with the 16s on. Do you think I'll have any trouble with the 15s and smaller tires? Thanks.
        The Advantis have an et25 offset and the XXRs have an et20 offset.
        sigpic

Comment

Curios of Rota OS Mesh fitment on 325ix. Not worried about rubbing fender, worried about caliper clearance on the backside of the wheel. Any experience with these? specs im looking at are 15x7 et35 4x100
          1990 325iX - sterlingsilber metallic
          1991 325i - lazurblau metallic

Originally posted by delamaize
          E30 = Lego for men.

Comment

hi i have a weird question my 1991 318ic had a pull to it with the groves in the road thats unnormal and my suspension is in good shape. it has e30 m3 offset CABs and 16x7 e35 bbs214 with hub centric rings that might be worn out and the two front tires have un even wear could any of that be causing the pull? thanks in advance sorry if its a dumb question
            i love bmws

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by Blake B View Post
              I appreciate the help. I know you're completely doing this as a service for us and you don't have to spend your valuable time among us morotals and I really do mean it when I say I appreciate it, but c'mon, I think just saying no without providing an alternitive is a waste of your time just as much as it is mine.

Again thank you for the help. I'm sure I'll be back. Your still awesome.
              You said you want 16x9s with no stretch, I said it's not possible. Why would I suggest something you specifically said you didn't want? You then came back with "There's multiple e30s on this forum with these wheels so it's gotta be possible. The guy I'm buying them from had them on his e30 but he had a stupid stretched look going on." wherein the problem with what you want is literally in your statement. Everyone stretches the tires because everyone has to. Saying "its gotta be a possible" to a guy who has literally been answering that 16x9 +15 question every week since 2007 after you didn't like the answer is what is truly wasting time here.

Comment

Originally posted by KnockOffBrand View Post
                The Advantis have an et25 offset and the XXRs have an et20 offset.
                You need front spacers to clear the struts on the Advantis. I'd actually suggest going 10mm all around. It won't rub.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWipprSnappr View Post
                  Curios of Rota OS Mesh fitment on 325ix. Not worried about rubbing fender, worried about caliper clearance on the backside of the wheel. Any experience with these? specs im looking at are 15x7 et35 4x100
                  Never seen those. You'll need to test fit or find someone that's tried them on.

Comment

Originally posted by sonomabimmers View Post
                    hi i have a weird question my 1991 318ic had a pull to it with the groves in the road thats unnormal and my suspension is in good shape. it has e30 m3 offset CABs and 16x7 e35 bbs214 with hub centric rings that might be worn out and the two front tires have un even wear could any of that be causing the pull? thanks in advance sorry if its a dumb question
                    All of it could be causing that problem. Buy new tires and have an alignment done.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                      Literally to the ground. Perfect fitment wheels, the German tuners got it right in the 80s.
                      I dropped it about an 1-1.25 inches from where you see it right there and I got slight fender rub on the left side but only on large bumps/terrible roads. Am I right to assume it won't rub otherwise in normal (and not extreme) circumstances?

It's back to the ride height in the picture I posted previously. I kind of want to wheels to be more flush with the fender, I'm thinking of a 5-8mm spacer in the front and .5" lower and then a 15-20mm spacer in the rear and also .5-.75" lower (and probably use Condor Speed Shop Subframe Riser Bushings to mitigate changes in camber).

I don't want a slammed look, it's daily driven but I do appreciate a good stance and good tire life.

Also - would changing the dampening settings (firmer and not softer) prevent more rub on rough surfaces?

What are your thoughts?

PS- thanks for your advice so far. I appreciate it ;)

Comment

Hi, would like your advice for the following. Wheel specs are: 16x7.0, et11 (front) and 16x7.5, et5 (rear). What tire profile would you recommend and will this setup require guard rolling? Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks

Comment

Hi guys, i m considering a new set of wheels and i would like to here whether they will fit without any spacers and fender rolling. the car is an early model and currently sitting on H&R sports

1st set is 15x8 et22
                          2nd set is 15x8 et26

thks

Comment

Originally posted by Azscentence View Post
                            This has probably been asked a million and one times, but I'm looking to run some 17x8 ET20 Style 5s with 18mm 5 lug adapters all the way around.
                            I'd be running these with GCCs and Koni's on a '91 sedan. I just have a few questions I can't seem to find answers for.

1.) I would like to know what size tire would fit well with minimal rubbing. From what I've seen, 225/40/17 seems like it would work well for the look I'm trying to get, but I can't find a store that sells that size online. maybe 225/45/17?
                            2.) How much poke (if any) would there be for 18mm all around. Am I going to have to roll/stretch out my fenders at all?

This (http://imgur.com/SrDxC13), and this (http://imgur.com/S3Ce8bt), is essentially the look I'm trying to get.
                            Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
                            Revisiting my old setup plans for some new changes. Still running adapters, would 17x8.5 et30 work better for me? What tire size would I run with these wheels?

All of this is theoretical as I haven't bought the wheels yet.

Comment

I have a question about getting a Japanese wheel to fit. It's a BBS RG-F, 15x7 ET42. I believe the centerbore is 82mm or something large.

Am I right in thinking the following would work:
                              - Get 57.1mm wheelcentric and hubcentric 20mm spacers (which come with extended lug bolts)
                              - Get the wheel rings that brings the wheel centerbore down from 82 > 57.1 so that it sits nicely on the spacer's lip

This should then give me a 15x7, ET22 wheel.

Any problems with this approach?

Comment

16" help

Hi all,
                                Looking at some Craigslist rims. Trying to figure out if they fit without spaces and no rubbing. So many combinations to try and search through.

1991 325i convertible, lowered

Rims are:
                                16x8" with 25 offset. Tires 205/45

I'm not finding much with that combination. Thanks for your help!

Andrew

Comment

Working...
                                X