Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I have my fender's rolled flat now and run 16x8.5 et22 k1's with rs2 225/45 r 16 tires. Looks like the m-system would stick about 6mm more out is that correct?

Also have -3 camber all the way around.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
      The lowest offsets for each respective size would work quite well. I'd personally get the 17x8.5 all around with 235/40/17 tires. You'd have some fender rolling to do in the back, but nothing extreme. Depending on the exact tire you may also have to run a 3mm spacer up front to clear the strut tube. This all may sound like a headache, but you will have plenty of traction afterwards. The easy way out would be the same rims but with 215/40/17 all around.
      Well it looks like I'll be going with the 17x8.5 +25 all around. I don't mind doing some fender work or getting spacers if I need them. I'm probably going to end up getting Falken Azenis RT-615's, so you think I should go for the 235/40's? Or could I get a way with 215/40's with this particular tire?

Comment

What is a good fitment for konig remembers?

16" x 7" 20mm or 35mm?

I will like to run the wheel as close to the fender as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by surebimmer View Post
          Well I have my fender's rolled flat now and run 16x8.5 et22 k1's with rs2 225/45 r 16 tires. Looks like the m-system would stick about 6mm more out is that correct?

Also have -3 camber all the way around.
          There is a big trick to 225/45/16 tires. They are all 0.3" narrower than other tires of the same width (for example, 225/50/15). Look at any tire that is available in both sizes, the 225/45/16 is always a skinny tire (it's the same as a 215/50/15 sometimes).

The situation is even worse with 235/40/17 vs 225/45/16. On a 17x9 you're thinking about, the average 235/40/17 is a massive 9.5-9.6" wide. Compare that to your current setup, which is only 9.3". Add the fact that the 17" setup is half an inch taller and you will have serious fitment problems. Your -3 camber does help quite a bit, but I still wouldn't guarantee that the proposed setup would work.

Comment

Originally posted by PaT_e30 View Post
            Well it looks like I'll be going with the 17x8.5 +25 all around. I don't mind doing some fender work or getting spacers if I need them. I'm probably going to end up getting Falken Azenis RT-615's, so you think I should go for the 235/40's? Or could I get a way with 215/40's with this particular tire?
            Nice tire choice. The 235 fitment will be quite difficult however, due to their brawny shoulders. Getting that size on will require quite a bit of fender molestation, I'll say that. The 215 will not require any rolling whatsoever.

Comment

Originally posted by iNetForce View Post
              What is a good fitment for konig remembers?

16" x 7" 20mm or 35mm?

I will like to run the wheel as close to the fender as possible.
              The ET20 version is the E30 spec. The other one is for VWs, mainly.

Comment

Nice tire choice. The 235 fitment will be quite difficult however, due to their brawny shoulders. Getting that size on will require quite a bit of fender molestation, I'll say that. The 215 will not require any rolling whatsoever.
                It's settled then, 17x8.5 et25 Work Emotion XD-9's with 215/40 Falken Azenis RT-615's.

Thanks so much for your help Mystikal, I really appreciate it! :)

Comment

Would 17 x 7 et 34 fit the E30 without spacers? What size tire would you use? I think I can get 2" lips (adding 1/2" = 7.5) that would take the et to 22. would that be a better fit? My search on this thread shows a 17 X 7 should ideally be @ 25-30 et.

Thanks for your help!

Jack
                  [I

Comment

Originally posted by PaT_e30 View Post
                    It's settled then, 17x8.5 et25 Work Emotion XD-9's with 215/40 Falken Azenis RT-615's.

Thanks so much for your help Mystikal, I really appreciate it! :)
                    Yet another epic wheel/tire setup coming out of this thread, can't wait to see pics. As I said it'll be really close to the front struts, you may need a very small spacer to clear.

Comment

Originally posted by cactusjacks1 View Post
                      Would 17 x 7 et 34 fit the E30 without spacers? What size tire would you use? I think I can get 2" lips (adding 1/2" = 7.5) that would take the et to 22. would that be a better fit? My search on this thread shows a 17 X 7 should ideally be @ 25-30 et.

Thanks for your help!

Jack
                      Yes they will without spacers. I'd use 215/40/17 tires.

If the wheels currently have 1.5" lips and you change them to 2", the new wheel would be 17x7.5" ET28. The offset is changed by half of the width added. If you're going to be changing lips I'd say go for 2.5" so you'd have a nice set of 17x8" ET21 wheels. Those would be hot.

Comment

Best fitment-ESM wheel-16?

What tire size would work without fender rolling for ESM BBS RS styled rims/16X7.5/ET-25..in my lowered 89 iS? 205/50/16 vs 225/45/16?
                        Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by jcollins@northwestern.edu View Post
                          What tire size would work without fender rolling for ESM BBS RS styled rims/16X7.5/ET-25..in my lowered 89 iS? 205/50/16 vs 225/45/16?
                          Thanks!
                          Either size would fit without rolling.

Comment

Yes they will without spacers. I'd use 215/40/17 tires.

If the wheels currently have 1.5" lips and you change them to 2", the new wheel would be 17x7.5" ET28. The offset is changed by half of the width added. If you're going to be changing lips I'd say go for 2.5" so you'd have a nice set of 17x8" ET21 wheels. Those would be hot.
                            Please help me understand, if your adding 1" in lip depth & it's added outside the mounting pad of the wheel, why is the offset changed by only 1/2" & not an inch? If you added the inch to the barrel (inside of the mounting pad), would the et change by the full inch or the 1/2"?

Thanks!!
                            [I

Comment

Originally posted by cactusjacks1 View Post
                              Please help me understand, if your adding 1" in lip depth & it's added outside the mounting pad of the wheel, why is the offset changed by only 1/2" & not an inch? If you added the inch to the barrel (inside of the mounting pad), would the et change by the full inch or the 1/2"?

Thanks!!
                              I wish I could explain it right now, but I can't. I do know for sure that the 1/2 of the width offset change is mathematically correct, although it doesn't seem to make sense in theory (I have questioned it too, but the results are definitely correct). I'm also not 100% on the barrel modification. But in theory, if changing the outer lip is equal to 1/2 of that change in offset, the change to the inner would have to be the same.

Comment

Another Question...

on my e46, 17x8.5 et 25, 245/45 Michelin PS?

Thanks
                                Hemingway said it best. “There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.”

Help a brother out, buy your detailing products here...

Comment

Working...
                                X