Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dawskip
    replied
    Is it possible to get e34 basketweaves to fit on a e30?

Leave a comment:

• mabimmer
    replied
    Is anyone else here running the new ground control full coil over kit and if so what wheels and tires are you running? I just installed the kit and took it to the track and it was awesome but I am still running on 16" redrilled wheels and conti street tires. Want to go to the widest tire I can am open to 15, 16 or 17's. I do like the Apex wheels but I know they will be heavier than say a slipstream. Yes I have tried searching but can't find my exact combo.

Free shipping to Europe on all Rota Wheels : Rota Slipstream 15x8" 4x100 ET20, Satin Black ! Awesome design and perfect finish for your car.

looking these

or these

Either with a Toyo R888R in as wide as I can go. Probably 225 square right?

The guy I bought the car from says the fenders are rolled front and back but I have no idea how much.
    Last edited by mabimmer; 08-14-2019, 05:22 AM.

Leave a comment:

• djanalog
    replied
    Thank you very much for the help!

Leave a comment:

• turbski
    replied
    Originally posted by djanalog View Post
    Very noobie question here. I have an '87 coupe with 14' bottle caps. Tire size is 215/70 R14. I am looking to get an e30 sedan, also with 14' bottle caps. Those tires are 195/65 R14. Are these wheel/tire sets interchangeable? Thank you.
    Yes. If you Google tire size calculator there are a few good ones that will give you max and min tire sizes for a given wheel size.
    those will fit

Leave a comment:

• djanalog
    replied
    Very noobie question here. I have an '87 coupe with 14' bottle caps. Tire size is 215/70 R14. I am looking to get an e30 sedan, also with 14' bottle caps. Those tires are 195/65 R14. Are these wheel/tire sets interchangeable? Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• turbski
    replied
    do they hook up ok? the noise I can live with as its 3in from turbo back with vibrant resonator and muffler. Im running a cheap 195 65 14 right now and if im not paying attention 2nd and 3rd gear are useless.

Leave a comment:

• nando
    replied
    Originally posted by turbski View Post
    I just wish there were more options for the 14". I have been debating on grabbing a set of the toyo proxes r888 in 205 50 14. Anyone run these on a street car?
    I haven't run them on 14", but they've been my "street" tires on the E30 since like 2009.

They are loud though, and stiff. Don't expect 50,000 miles either.

Leave a comment:

• turbski
    replied
    I just wish there were more options for the 14". I have been debating on grabbing a set of the toyo proxes r888 in 205 50 14. Anyone run these on a street car?

Leave a comment:

• prisonerofdoom83
    replied
    16x8.25 offset et25 lowered on HAndR with bilstein sport . Well in progress . Wheels spacer? Also 205-50 or 225-50 tires . I get confused with so many posts on here . Any guidance would be nice TIA

Leave a comment:

• 325e '87
    replied
    Your car might be the only one on the planet that I think blacked out out kidneys are “ok”. Really great pic

Leave a comment:

• nando
    replied
    I ran 225/50R14 Hoosiers on mine. Probably my favorite wheel/tire setup ever on an E30 - light as fuck, grippy as hell.

Pretty sure the stock wheel/tire combo on my E90 weighs at least 3x more. lol

I'm just sad I sold those wheels. They were mint too. :(

Leave a comment:

• turbski
    replied
    Picked up a set of oem 14in basket weaves this week. Rubber is shot so I'm curious how wide of a tire can I fit on these safetly. Wheel is 6.5 wide et30 offset. Any recommendation for tires?

Leave a comment:

• 94530inh
    replied
    I've been on the hunt for reasonably priced BBS wheels for a while now.

I just picked up a set in need of refurbishment on craigslist. These are the Volkswagen BBS RM012s. I've ordered new hardware and 2 inch lips which brings these wheels to 15x8 all the way around.

In researching the sticky I found out that the wheels will be the following spec once I've installed the new lips.

15x8 et14.95 -- Now I need to figure out which spacers to use and what size tires to go with. I'd like to drop the car 2 inches max. Eventually.

Any suggestions on tire size? Would a 10mm spacer be the best way to go? Would I need longer studs?

Thanks in advance!

Leave a comment:

• WallStreet
    replied
    Fitment question

Will 15x8.5 Et 29 fit on an e30?

Also, what recommended tire size for this wheel spec?

Thanks lads, cheers :)

Leave a comment:

• Zinno30
    replied
    I am currently running 17x8.5 et 20 esm 002r wheels with 215 40 tyres all round. Running low but not what you call stanced. Have enough space to not rub at all four corners but the rim sits almost flush with the fender at this stage and if i go any lower without any camber adjustment, the rim may rub on the fender which I would like to avoid.

Considering the following wheels but the specs show that my rim will sit 15mm further out on fronts and i believe 23mm or so further out on the rears with the tyre specs below. Will this be an issue to install and run lower than now? My fenders are slightly rolled already. My plan was to purchase coilovers as I am currently on lowering springs and I have 0 caster control in the rear which means I may have to run camber to install this set successfully and make it work. Anyone have experience with this sort of fitment below and is it doable. Or should I avoid.. my aim is to install a set that sits nicely without too much work.

Red car is mine with its current ride height and esm wheels. the white is my friends ride with the wheel specs listed below that I am thinking of switching over to. Not sure he even made it work but he has coilovers and camber adjustment I believe..

Brand: BBS
    Model: RS039
    Tyres: New TOYO Proxies T1R 205/40 & 225/40
    Pair / Set: Set
    PCD: 4x100 and 4x114.3
    Diameter / Width / Offset:
    16x8.5 +5
    16x9.5 +9

Regards

Last edited by Zinno30; 07-17-2019, 07:14 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X