Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yup, they rub. its a shame cause they are brand new, 3000 miles and only cost 150 bucks.

What about 205/55-16?

Originally posted by vlad
    Do you know anybody else who built that many bad ass E30s?

Comment

too tall still
      sigpic

Comment

Okay then....

Largest sidewall size and still fit under the fenders for 16X7 ET28

Comment

just purchased a 90 325i w/ Konig remembers, 16x 7 ???? not sure on width. wanna get something different w/ deep dish but would like to keep brand new proxes 205/45/16

will these work?

straight swap or spacers or what? will it give me the deep dish look i am looking for? better place to buy?
          Forgive me, I'm a noob..

Comment

Originally posted by rennegade View Post
            Hey Mystikal,
            I have found the code of my RS's they ar RS040? if thats any help.
            Cheers Luke
            Hmmm, can't find the specs for that model. If anyone else can find it online somewhere or if they have a more comprehensive list than I have, let me know.

Jay

Comment

Originally posted by AlpineE30M52 View Post
              That all depends on how low you go. I'm running a 195/45/16 and it looks fine to me. Which is definitely quite a bit smaller smaller than a 215/55/16. But I guess it's all about opinion.
              You didn't understand what I meant there. What I'm saying is that 215/55/16 is massive, and tires that are actually smaller than that (like 205/55/16) won't even work. Of course tiny tires will fit under there just fine.

Jay

Comment

Originally posted by Joe318is View Post
                Okay then....

Largest sidewall size and still fit under the fenders for 16X7 ET28
                I won't recommend anything bigger than the stock 24" diameter, which means 205/50/16. You have a very strange affliction for massive tires, Joe.

Jay

Comment

Originally posted by bfdbatt2 View Post
                  just purchased a 90 325i w/ Konig remembers, 16x 7 ???? not sure on width. wanna get something different w/ deep dish but would like to keep brand new proxes 205/45/16

will these work?

straight swap or spacers or what? will it give me the deep dish look i am looking for? better place to buy?
                  Forgive me, I'm a noob..
                  For deep dish, those Keskins won't really do the job. They will bolt right up without spacers (you'd only need hubcentric rings), but the 16x7.5 ET20 version doesn't have much dish at all. Even their 17x8.5 ET20 wheels don't have any lip to them.

If you want deep dish and like that wheel, you'd need to get the 16x9 version: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Keski...mZ110137172273

Run those with 5mm spacers on the front (to clear the struts), 215/40/16 tires all around and you're good.

Jay

Comment

Has this site ever been introduced on here?

-Erik
                    '16 Focus 2.0L - '99 Protegé DX 1.6L POS (Sold) - '87 4runner 22R-E (Sold) - '86 Schwarz S50 (Sold) - '02 WRX Wagon (sold) - '07 Impreza 2.5i (sold) - '91 Alpine M52 (Sold) - '89 Alpine 325is (Sold)

Originally posted by 87e30
                    I just want to dance with some beezies

Comment

Originally posted by AlpineE30M52 View Post
                      Has this site ever been introduced on here?

http://www.rims-n-tires.com/rt_specs.jsp
                      It's been posted, but it's also not perfect for us. The E30 struts are inclined on a slight angle, so you can't compare fitment of one diameter rim with one of another diameter.

Jay

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                        I won't recommend anything bigger than the stock 24" diameter, which means 205/50/16. You have a very strange affliction for massive tires, Joe.

Jay
                        Winter wheels, bad roads in the city.

Its odd, the tires on my other 16X7's are 215/50-16 and they look like rubber bands. oh well, thanks!

Comment

Hmmm, can't find the specs for that model. If anyone else can find it online somewhere or if they have a more comprehensive list than I have, let me know.

Jay
                          Hey again, sorry to kepp buggin you.
                          I have found out the original offsets of the RS's if that helps any? the front was +35 with the rears +40 and originally 16x7. The fronts are now 8inch wide with a a 2inch outer rim, while the rears are 9.5inches wide with a 3 1/5 inch outer rim.
                          Thanks once again
                          Luke

Comment

For deep dish, those Keskins won't really do the job. They will bolt right up without spacers (you'd only need hubcentric rings), but the 16x7.5 ET20 version doesn't have much dish at all. Even their 17x8.5 ET20 wheels don't have any lip to them.

If you want deep dish and like that wheel, you'd need to get the 16x9 version: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Keski...mZ110137172273

Run those with 5mm spacers on the front (to clear the struts), 215/40/16 tires all around and you're good.

Jay
                            am i going to have to roll fenders????

Comment

I'm running 17x9's ET20 with 12mm spacers in front but can get custom wheels made at a decent price... What is the correct, no-spacer offset? 32 or 8 or something else I don't understand? I checked the 1010 offset calculator but I'm still confused.

Comment

Originally posted by rennegade View Post
                                Hey again, sorry to kepp buggin you.
                                I have found out the original offsets of the RS's if that helps any? the front was +35 with the rears +40 and originally 16x7. The fronts are now 8inch wide with a a 2inch outer rim, while the rears are 9.5inches wide with a 3 1/5 inch outer rim.
                                Thanks once again
                                Luke
                                New specs:
                                Front: ET22
                                Rear: ET8

Pretty neat setup. The fronts will be VERY close to the strut housings, but the rears will have a lot of room on the inside. You will most likely need to roll the rear fenders, that is a very aggressive fitment.

Jay

Comment

Working...
                                X