Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by redreda1313 View Post
    I wanna wanna run filled and drilled 16x8 style 5s et 23. What size spacers and tires should i get for flush fitment? Car is lowered on bav auto springs and bilstien sports 1 1/4" lower then stock height. if i used 8mm spacers all around, can I run 215/45 or 225/45?
    Flush fitment - 10mm front, 15mm rear, 205/45 tires, fender roll in the back.

With 8mm spacers and stock fenders 205/45 is the limit. 215/45 is possible with a rear roll. 225/45 only works with no spacers.

Comment

Originally posted by schtozo View Post
      Hey... Im thinking about throwing stars on my 4 lug e30. Have access to 18mm 42draft adapters. So my final et would be 2 square, i have rolled and slight pull rear fenders and rolled fronts, sitting on bilstein sports and ies3 springs with 15mm drophats in front. What tires should i use to make it work? Would i have rub? Thanks...
      Since you said +2 square I'll assume these are 8" all around.

205/40s should work with your existing fender work. It might still rub in the back with passengers.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
        Since you said +2 square I'll assume these are 8" all around.

205/40s should work with your existing fender work. It might still rub in the back with passengers.
        Yes they are 8 square.. I really dont want rubber band tires!! Would i get away with 215/40 at least or no way?

One of the best threads you will ever read
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=221813

Nice trailer of my e30
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTjtG...e_gdata_player

If i sold you something please leave feedback here
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=217142

Comment

read through a lot of this, but hard to search for what i'm looking for.

car is a 12/92 build date cabrio and have staggered 16" esm002r's on stock suspension. Looking for a good tire size/brand, spacer recommendations, and fender rolling needs that will show a little bit of stretch, no poke and minimal to minor tire-to-fender gap.

I realize i'll have a fender-to-tire gap until I get some suspension. a coilover package is next on the list (likely something like the BCs/CAtuned stuff).

Comment

Mystical,

Looking for 15x7, et 25 CB57.1 tends to show the same wheel design time and again.

If I wanted to stay 15x7, what would be the et range? Also, what are your thoughts on using rings for a non-hubcentric?

Thank you

Comment

hi;
              I am about to acquire BBS RS 16x7J ET25 wheels. what would be the widest tires i can fit on e30 without them scrubbing the wheel wells? i run everything standard and do not want to use any spacers

215 or 225/45/16 be an issue? what do you recommend jay?

thank you.

teo

Comment

Just got my hands on a set of genuine alpine's 17 x 8 and 17 x9 et 46 for both f and r. looking to put these on a touring with 20mm adapters, is this possible with a final offset of 26 all around? and if so what tires front and rear? I do intend to put stuff in it from time to time two regular adults and bicycle gear. car is on ground control coilovers. Thanks in advance for all you do for the community!!!
                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316212

BMWCCA #398608
                IG @yagayo38

"The Best E30's were built with two camshafts four cylinders and sixteen valves!".

Comment

Thanks Mystikal!

How about 16x8 and 16x9 offset +20 and +25 respectively for the front and rear?
                  Would 205/50 and 215/50 respectively be a good fit without any mods?

On H&R Sport springs this time

Comment

Im looking for some help with fitment on a set of rota grids. Currently I am running a set or borbet alloy wheels that are 16x7 and I believe 35 offset. I have the borbets wrapped with 195/65/R15. I am looking at a set of 17x7.5 grids with an offset of 45.
                    SO here are my questions.
                    -Obviously, will they fit with ease? Im expecting to have to roll the fenders. Im trying to avoid using any spacers.
                    -On my current borbet wheels, I measured the outside of the rim and came up with 16 inches, but why would the wheel width on the tire say 15?
                    -Would 215/50/17 tires fit around 17x7.5's? Should the width/profile be higher/lower?

I should probably add that the car is lowered on raceland coilovers about 2&1/2 to 3 inches.

Any help would be very greatly appreciated.
                    Last edited by mrdunne30; 12-08-2014, 10:27 AM.

Comment

Currently got some 15" BBS RS and need some new outer lips and tires.

After a look like this (on my non ix e30):

Will 205/55/15 fit on 15x8.5 ET7 and 15x9 ET3? Or would 8 and 8.5 be a better fit?

Unfortunately can't get 225/45 where I'm from and thinking 225/50 might be too fat? 205/50 seem too small to me.

Appreciate the help!

Comment

I am going out on a limb here, I asked for a photoshop of these wheels for reference, but has anyone ever tried to put a set of these on an e30?

I need tires, and have these "available" to me. THey are not in my possession, so that is why I ask the question. 4x100 dodge Shelby wheels from the 80s. What say you R3V?
                        Last edited by rcsoundn1; 12-09-2014, 08:53 AM.

Comment

There you go! Thats on my car on 225/45/16 et 5 rear and 20 front.

One of the best threads you will ever read
                          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=221813

Nice trailer of my e30
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTjtG...e_gdata_player

If i sold you something please leave feedback here
                          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=217142

Comment

Thnx now to see if they fit, I'm looking to find their specs which for some reason has been difficult

Comment

I'm looking at getting 15x8 TR Motorsport C1s (et20 I believe) and putting some 225/55/r15 tires on them. Would those fit without rubbing? 1990 4dr on billy sports and h&r race springs all around. Fenders are slightly rolled as well. Thanks
                              sigpic

Comment

Hi all, just wanted to follow up with an after picture. The car isn't finished yet but its starting to come together. Thanks for the offset & tire size help. I am extremely happy with how the wheels turned out.

Comment

Working...
                                X