Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deansbimmer View Post
    Ok. So I've got my 16x9, need to pick a 215-40-16 tire now. I've narrowed the choices to the BFG G-Force sport or Yokohama S-Drive.

Can you help point me in the right direction? They seem to be pretty close on paper. I've always said I'd want performance over longevity, but lately I've been thinking otherwise.. Car is daily driver, I want a tire with a good balance of traction/treadlife. Help?
    They're honestly quite similar. I prefer the BFG, just because it's extremely responsive and actually does last quite a long time (much longer than the typical UHP summer tire). It's not the greatest in the wet, but still perfectly reasonable.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicademus View Post
      HELP

What are these wheels I have? Style 5s? What the value? The tire info is: 235-60-r16

and a pic
      16x8 ET23 72.6mm Style 5s, came on E38s. They usually sell for $250-400.

Comment

Originally posted by 88driftIS View Post
        I am looking into getting some axis racer x wheels. staggered. 15x7 front with normal offset. The rears is where I am going to run into issues. I am going to be using fender flares, but the size and offset are kinda of extreme. They are a 15x8 with a -27 offset. Do you think I should be good with flares and stretched tires?
        rear wheel pic:
        Haha, negative 27? That's scary.

If you get something like the IE flares and run stretched tires, you should be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Bey View Post
          What tires should I run with these specs?
          15x8 et33
          15x8.5 et33
          I doubt those are the actual specs. Those sound like widened BBS wheels from a VW, and they would therefore be ET14 and ET8, respectively. Clarify that before I continue.

Comment

Originally posted by willsol View Post
            Im thinking these on an Matte black E30 VERT slammed... black with red lip.

Whats the most offset I can run?

I would like to see them photo shopped onto one if anyone can do it.
            Offset means little without width, and also knowing what offsets it's actually available in.

Comment

Originally posted by nefarious7907 View Post
              I am tempted to get a set of 501's in 16x8 for winter use and put some all seasons on them. But I dont really see 225/50s on an early car having an issue fitment wise. By going with a larger tire does that make the speedo slower or faster?
              You'll definitely have a fitment issue.

Get some 205/45/16 Kumho ASX's. Awesome in the winter, cheap to buy, will fit properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Stevie30 View Post
                Mystikal, Wheels are AC Schnitzer 16x7.5 et25 with 225/45/16 BF Goodrich G-Force T/A KDW tires. 1989 325ic lowered approximately 2". Do you think they will fit with no rubbing issues? Advise please.
                Mystikal said no problem? He is right. The fit is perfect. Thank you, Mystikal, for the good service you provide to this forum

1991 325ic and 1991 318is

Comment

Originally posted by Stevie30 View Post
                  Mystikal said no problem? He is right. The fit is perfect. Thank you, Mystikal, for the good service you provide to this forum
                  Glad to hear, enjoy the awesome wheel/tire conmbo you got there.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                    16x8 ET23 72.6mm Style 5s, came on E38s. They usually sell for $250-400.
                    Thanks for the help Mystikal, it appears you run this thread.

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
                    ~ John Adams ~

Comment

You'll definitely have a fitment issue.

Get some 205/45/16 Kumho ASX's. Awesome in the winter, cheap to buy, will fit properly.
                      Dang those are cheap right now too on the the Tirerack, but is a 205 going to look stretched on a 8in wide rim?

Thanks!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657387

Comment

Originally posted by nefarious7907 View Post
                        Dang those are cheap right now too on the the Tirerack, but is a 205 going to look stretched on a 8in wide rim?

Thanks!
                        Are they still $46? I picked them up in that size for my GF's car a few weeks ago.

And yeah, it'll look stretched. You can go up to a 215/45, but there's no good tire choices. 205/50 is also doable.

Comment

Are they still $46? I picked them up in that size for my GF's car a few weeks ago.

And yeah, it'll look stretched. You can go up to a 215/45, but there's no good tire choices. 205/50 is also doable.
                          Yep still $46 a tire and even though it will look stretched thats an awesome price for the tire your getting.

:-?

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657387

Comment

Jay,

17x8.5 et13 BBS RZ (for e34) on e30 m3 5lug. some ppl are saying spacers needed, but on s14.net all the baller guys have 17x8.5 et13 for front wheel setup (with/without spacers?), however those are not BBS weave style rims. more like ACS/HARTGE etc... i have a set of 5mm spacers on rite now to clear the anti-rattle clip with my e32 16x8 et23 wheels(3mm needed, 5mm spacer eaiser to find). also i plan to just run 215/40/17. word.
                            IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

Originally posted by golde30 View Post
                              Jay,

17x8.5 et13 BBS RZ (for e34) on e30 m3 5lug. some ppl are saying spacers needed, but on s14.net all the baller guys have 17x8.5 et13 for front wheel setup (with/without spacers?), however those are not BBS weave style rims. more like ACS/HARTGE etc... i have a set of 5mm spacers on rite now to clear the anti-rattle clip with my e32 16x8 et23 wheels(3mm needed, 5mm spacer eaiser to find). also i plan to just run 215/40/17. word.
                              Roll/flare. Entirely possible, and I'm glad you don't have any delusions of running 235s. :p

Oh, and the wheels won't even be remotely close to the struts. They must mean caliper clearance, which is possibly a problem with the HUGE dish those have.

Comment

its gonna be "hella flush" huh? i have a feeling my newish paint job(2yrs old) will not be liking this roll/flare job. they do have a huge dish...huge. thanks for the insight Jay!
                                IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X