Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joseph. View Post
    just picked up some borbet type a's 16x9 all around. Front wheels rub slightly on the stock front calipers. How many mm spacer will i need? I've read 3mm, but is that enough? I would get 8mm, but i don't want to buy extended lug bolts too. Someone with these wheels please chime in. Thanks
    +1
    sigpic

Comment

Looking to pick up some wheels for winter duty and I see a bunch of JDM wheels available, but what offset would work?

would a 15x6 ET35 work without a spacer? or do I need to find something in the ET25 range?
      Last edited by MC Hammered; 10-09-2013, 02:36 PM.

My 1989 e30 s52 Touring... this is Betty

My 1989 325i vert (sold)...this is Nina

My 1991 M5 (sold)... this is Veronica

Photo comparison: OEM vs aftermarket windscreen for a convertible

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph. View Post
        Just picked up some Borbet Type A's 16x9 all around. Front wheels rub slightly on the stock front calipers. How many mm spacer will I need? I've read 3mm, but is that enough? I would get 8mm, but I don't want to buy extended lug bolts too. Someone with these wheels please chime in. Thanks
        5mm should be enough.

Comment

Originally posted by MC Hammered View Post
          Looking to pick up some wheels for winter duty and I see a bunch of JDM wheels available, but what offset would work?

would a 15x6 ET35 work without a spacer? or do I need to find something in the ET25 range?
          Yes, 15x6 +35 fits. Just make sure you're not buying OE wheels as many 4x100 Japanese cars have smaller centerbores than E30s.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
            5mm should be enough.
            Would I need extended lug bolts?

Comment

Yes, 15x6 +35 fits. Just make sure you're not buying OE wheels as many 4x100 Japanese cars have smaller centerbores than E30s.
              Thanks for the reminder about the centerbore.

My 1989 e30 s52 Touring... this is Betty

My 1989 325i vert (sold)...this is Nina

My 1991 M5 (sold)... this is Veronica

Photo comparison: OEM vs aftermarket windscreen for a convertible

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph. View Post
                Would I need extended lug bolts?
                Depends on the wheel. If you can turn the bolt a full 4-5 rotations you're safe, otherwise you'll need longer bolts.

Comment

'88 325is
                  H&R sports + Billies

16x8 et 15 Front and Rear

I want to run a 205/50-16 Conti DWS all around.

I have an Eastwood fender roller. Should I roll the fenders?
                  '88 325is
                  Alpinweiss

Comment

Yes, 235/40. The shorter diameter will ease fitment, it's a perfect E36 size.
                    Hi mistykal,
                    Have problem to find 235/40/17 size here. Do you have another option? How How about 245/40/17 ?

Comment

Originally posted by kung fu jesus View Post
                      '88 325is
                      H&R sports + Billies

16x8 et 15 Front and Rear

I want to run a 205/50-16 Conti DWS all around.

I have an Eastwood fender roller. Should I roll the fenders?
                      Definitely need a roll. You might catch a fender if you enter a driveway or climb a speedbump with the wheel turned due to the large diameter of the tire (for a +15 fitment, anyway).

I know why you're set on that size (DWS doesn't come in too many low profile sizes) but 205/45 and 215/45 are better choices for that wheel.

Comment

Originally posted by rnw View Post
                        Hi mistykal,
                        Have problem to find 235/40/17 size here. Do you have another option? How How about 245/40/17 ?
                        Won't fit.

Comment

Newb here with a couple questions-

1. My iX did not come with the oem basket weave wheels unfortunately, but I have seen 15" baskets for sale on other models. Will all 15" Oem baskets fit on my car or are the iX ones the only wheels that work? These things are impossible to track down :(

2. I've seen several iX ads on eBay and several people mention 14" wheels being on their car, but I was under the impression that they wouldn't clear the brakes? If 14" baskets fit, I will go get some instead.

Sorry if this question has been asked a million timea

Comment

Definitely need a roll. You might catch a fender if you enter a driveway or climb a speedbump with the wheel turned due to the large diameter of the tire (for a +15 fitment, anyway).

I know why you're set on that size (DWS doesn't come in too many low profile sizes) but 205/45 and 215/45 are better choices for that wheel.
                            Very much appreciated!

Will I need a flat roll?
                            '88 325is
                            Alpinweiss

Comment

Originally posted by Hump View Post
                              Newb here with a couple questions-

1. My iX did not come with the oem basket weave wheels unfortunately, but I have seen 15" baskets for sale on other models. Will all 15" Oem baskets fit on my car or are the iX ones the only wheels that work? These things are impossible to track down :(

2. I've seen several iX ads on eBay and several people mention 14" wheels being on their car, but I was under the impression that they wouldn't clear the brakes? If 14" baskets fit, I will go get some instead.

Sorry if this question has been asked a million timea
                              The iX basketweaves are cheaper than Euro 15" ones, at least when I was in the game. Both fit, the Euro ones sit nice and flush.

14" stock E30 wheels fit also.

Comment

Originally posted by kung fu jesus View Post
                                Very much appreciated!

Will I need a flat roll?
                                Nothing out of the ordinary, bend it in safely.

Comment

Working...
                                X