Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by steve68 View Post
    thanks never went with the wheels, down sized to a 16x8 et25, now looking for tires, thinking 215/40/ or ? have to check the tires sites, thanks for the help,
    205/50, 205/45, 215/45, 225/45. 3-5mm front spacers.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
      17x8.5 +30 is ideal for the rear. 245/40s will work with a roll and stiff enough suspension.
      Ended up going staggered.
      17x8 +20f - 235/40/17
      17x9 +25r - 245/40/17

I'll throw a pic up on the other page for you one they are all set up!

BTW: here is the difference between a 225/235/245/245a6
      1989 325is - S52 Turbo Swap
      1995 M3 - SCCA CStock AutoX Car
      1991 318is - M20 swap - 5spd(SOLD)

Comment

I have a 91 318is M50. That has no name lowering springs on it. Dropped like 1.5 inches. I want to put 18x8 4x100 with a 42 offset. What spacers and tires would I have to run for it to fit.
        Current
        99 328i (Sold)
        91 318is M50B25TU
        89 325ix (Parted out)
        87 325is (Parted out)
        95 525i (Parted Motor for 91 318is)

Comment

Originally posted by kijones View Post
          Ended up going staggered.
          17x8 +20f - 235/40/17
          17x9 +25r - 245/40/17

I'll throw a pic up on the other page for you one they are all set up!

BTW: here is the difference between a 225/235/245/245a6
          Shame, those would be ideal about 5mm in. Unless you're running at least -3 front camber the fronts will catch. The rear will rub like crazy but I guess if you massage the fender out enough they could work.

Comment

Originally posted by R1dd1ck913 View Post
            I have a 91 318is M50. That has no name lowering springs on it. Dropped like 1.5 inches. I want to put 18x8 4x100 with a 42 offset. What spacers and tires would I have to run for it to fit.
            20mm spacers, 215/35 tires.

Comment

Shame, those would be ideal about 5mm in. Unless you're running at least -3 front camber the fronts will catch. The rear will rub like crazy but I guess if you massage the fender out enough they could work.
              Yeah I thought about seeing if I could mill the 3-5mm off the wheels to pull them in a little. I put the car back down and bumped the suspension up and down and I didn't hear it rubbing so far. I massaged the fenders "a bit" and got the hoosiers to clear so I think the toyos should easily fit.

I also thought about the camber up front, luckily i have coils with camber plates up front, and i know from autoX that the car loves a ton of camber up front for turning. I had 16x8 +20 with 225/45/16 tires on and they fit pretty well with next to no big camber. Granted these are a little bigger with a 235/40 but hopefully i dont have to run -4* up front lol.

Last edited by kijones; 02-26-2015, 07:09 PM.
              1989 325is - S52 Turbo Swap
              1995 M3 - SCCA CStock AutoX Car
              1991 318is - M20 swap - 5spd(SOLD)

Comment

I have a chance to pick up some 15x7 et25 wheels with 205/50 tires, how close to sitting would i be? its an early car with no fenderwork

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by kijones View Post
                  Yeah I thought about seeing if I could mill the 3-5mm off the wheels to pull them in a little. I put the car back down and bumped the suspension up and down and I didn't hear it rubbing so far. I massaged the fenders "a bit" and got the hoosiers to clear so I think the toyos should easily fit.

I also thought about the camber up front, luckily i have coils with camber plates up front, and i know from autoX that the car loves a ton of camber up front for turning. I had 16x8 +20 with 225/45/16 tires on and they fit pretty well with next to no big camber. Granted these are a little bigger with a 235/40 but hopefully i dont have to run -4* up front lol.

-3 should be more than enough, and yeah if you're going for function you need that sort of alignment anyway. I daily my car between -3 and -4 depending on wheel setup!

Comment

Originally posted by hippiester View Post
                    I have a chance to pick up some 15x7 et25 wheels with 205/50 tires, how close to sitting would i be? its an early car with no fenderwork

thanks
                    Fit perfect without spacers, lots of space inside and out.

Comment

Fit perfect without spacers, lots of space inside and out.
                      Thanks! Pretty excited now

Comment

tires

m50 swap 318i.
                        I have a set of KA motors ultra wide flares.
                        Fortune 500 coilovers. Rear isnt a true coilover setup.
                        Firstly is it possible? Secondly, what offset?
                        A 17x9.5 wheel with a 275/40/17 up front.
                        A 17x11 wheel with a 315/35/17 wheel up the back.

Thanks,
                        J
                        Last edited by jordy101; 03-04-2015, 09:10 PM.

Comment

What is the largest tire I can use on a 16x9 wheel with et12 for offset?

I currently have 205/45 and I'd like to fit something wider for more traction. The car is aligned at -3 degrees on all four wheels.

I'm thinking 215/45 would be the largest without getting a different wheel.

Comment

E30m3 body & BBS LM's
                            Want to run:
                            18 x 9" FR
                            18 x 10" RR

Is ET15 the right offset all 4 corners?

If needed, I have Sport Evo fenders for any issues in front, and am doing 18" because 17" LM's are rare as heck. So deposit is already in on the 18's, just need to know offset - I know alot of East Coast guys run these, just don't know offset.

Experts?

It's not how you handle the good times, but the faith you keep in the bad that defines you.

Comment

205/50, 205/45, 215/45, 225/45. 3-5mm front spacers.
                              thanks
                              88 M3 Lachsliber glass top, 90 IS project,

Comment

I have an '89 e30 with 15x8 TR C1 Wheels (20 mm offset) with Hankook Ventus RS3 tires, and Eibach springs. The fenders have been rolled, but I'm still having issues with the rear tires rubbing on the wheel arches under heavy acceleration (the s52 makes it squat and rub significantly at full throttle). Any suggestions on how to stop the tires from rubbing?

Comment

Working...
                                X