Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

16x8 ET20 all around with 225/45/16 rubber?

Stock height, pretty sure the fronts should be ok, but what about the rear?

Comment

Staggered 7x15 / 8x15 ?

Maybe this has already been answered many times, but I didn't find it.

With a staggered set of 7x15 and 8x15 on an early body with H&R Sport springs, does the rear work without any changes? I'm assuming that's a what, 225/50, or 235 on the 8"?

I have a line on both a 7x15 square set and the staggered set.
      Thanks -

Comment

Ive had 7 x 15 not work on the rear due to fender lip rub....it all depends on offset you have.....and I think a 235 wil be hard to make work "w/o any changes" on an 8....
        I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

Yeah, they're ET12, so some real dish. Maybe I'd be wiser to go with the square size and keep all the tires the same.
          Thanks.

Comment

..I had slight rub 15/7 et 12 225/50 on my 90 rear..
            I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

Ok, thanks. I like a little meat on the wheels, compared to a 205/55.

Comment

Originally posted by Lapkarl View Post
                Hi,

I bought BBS Rs with special specs and I may need some help.

The specs are 16" 2x7,5 et45 and 2x8,5 et45 (staggered).

I would like to install them on a 91' vert with stock offset of et25.

Im not sure about spacers and tire Sizes i should get to be inside the wings and don't get strech tires.

Any help will be appreciate!

Thanks,

Karl
                20mm front and 15mm rear spacers. 205/50 front 225/45 rear tires. Minimal stretch and good fitment.

Comment

Originally posted by bmk View Post
                  The RS isnt really that much more either, well played sir. To bad they dont make the RS in a 245. Any other cheapish under $110 245/17 you would recommend?
                  Nope. The other bargain street/track tire is the Nankang NS-2R but they're also 235/255 only. The sizes are so close I can see why they don't bother.

Comment

Originally posted by pandaboo911 View Post
                    I just got the RSR in 205/45 and they suck balls compared to the falken 615k in the same size. Federals are also wider than most other tires. The federal 205 is almost a cm wider than the falken

Tldr: RSRs are cheap for a reason.
                    I've had both and disagree. Much prefer the Federals.

Comment

Originally posted by Staszek View Post
                      Ok here is my question. I am looking at rims now that are 17x8 with a 35 offset square 5x120. Here is the issue, I am putting on the five lug setup designed by rogengineer and the front puts E36 hubs which adds about 12mm to the front track, which basically puts me at a 23 offset if i did my math right.

With these wheels and offsets what size tires can I run, wider the better. Also what spacers should I use in the rear, (the rear will have an E30 M3 lug setup), 15mm?

Oh the car is a 1991 325is
                      That's a good setup. You can use 235/40 tires which is about the biggest that easily fits. A 5mm rear spacer should be good (the E30 M3 hubs push the wheels out 6-7mm on their own compared to stock, so this will even them out with the fronts).

Comment

Originally posted by dadsbmw View Post
                        Searched a bit and found some info but would like to confirm.

Looking to buy 16x8 et25 wheels pretty soon here and have aspirations to fit 225/50/16 tires on them. Currently running on H&R OE Sports, so not super low... especially in the front. This is my daily driver and I'm not going for anything super low/stretched/flush. Just looking to fill out the wheel well and sit somewhat close to (but probably not completely) flush with the fenders. I suppose I am willing to roll fenders if I need to, but would rather not if I can get away with it.

1) will these wheels fit as is or will I need spacers? If I need spacers, what is the smallest spacer I can use to get them to fit?
                        2) I have reasons for wanting to go 225/50 but I'm pretty sure everyone will tell me not to. Will I be able to reasonably run them without having to do extensive work to prevent rubbing? I dont want to have any rubbing at all.
                        Everybody wants to run 225/50/16s because they're cheap and available. But they don't fit. You will rub, front and rear.

Comment

Originally posted by loshara View Post
                          16x8 ET20 all around with 225/45/16 rubber?

Stock height, pretty sure the fronts should be ok, but what about the rear?
                          Just need a rear fender roll.

Comment

Originally posted by LateFan View Post
                            Maybe this has already been answered many times, but I didn't find it.

With a staggered set of 7x15 and 8x15 on an early body with H&R Sport springs, does the rear work without any changes? I'm assuming that's a what, 225/50, or 235 on the 8"?

I have a line on both a 7x15 square set and the staggered set.
                            Thanks -
                            Depends on the offset of the wheels.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                              That's a good setup. You can use 235/40 tires which is about the biggest that easily fits. A 5mm rear spacer should be good (the E30 M3 hubs push the wheels out 6-7mm on their own compared to stock, so this will even them out with the fronts).
                              Awesome thanks!!
                              Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Hi,

I just picked up a set of 16x8 et25 wheels for my daily driven '88 e30. The setup on my car includes H&R Race springs, camber plates, m3 cab's.

The general consensus seems that 225/45's will be the way to go (I am also open to other less aggressive tire options) but I wanted to double check if the additional purchase of spacers will be needed.

I'm also assuming some fender rolling will be needed as well.

Thanks for any help in advance,
                                Justin
                                Last edited by digitalcox; 06-10-2015, 01:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X