Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
    What's up man. Love your Imola Z4M. F15 brakes? That's a damn cool project.

Because of the combination of E36 5-lug and E30 M3 custom bodywork, I really can't say for sure what offset and width combination will be ideal on that car. I'd try to find some 8.5" or wider factory wheels and do some test fitting once the bodywork is done. X5 wheels, E60, E46 M3, etc whatever you can find laying around that's reasonably wide. The diameter will be too tall but it will give you an idea of what offset range to shoot for. Wish I could give you an exact setup to run but with all of those variables combined it's not possible for me to do it. Good luck!
    Thanks ! I've always loved all the wheel setups/stance on your M roadster. The gold steelies were my fav.

I appreciate for the input, I had a feeling that's what we'd end up having to do. F15 rear and a combination of F80 M3/4 caliper/pads and E9x M3 rotors.
    E86 ///M Coupe - Imola Red/Imola Red
    E90 330xi - Titanium Silver/Black
    K46 S1000RR - Matte Red
    Follow the E30 Build thread
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=395205

Comment

I'm doing a little bit of wheel shopping for next summer and I'm stuck between Kosei K2Rs in 15x7 in ET25 or TRMotorsport C1s in 15x7 ET25.

Would I need to run any spacers or would I be good to go without any rubbing? I'm only slightly lowered on H&R Sports if that helps at all. I'm open to different tire sizes too.
      "Leafeon" '92 Lagunengrun 325i Vert (Daily Driver/Project)
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=366044
      The stickers make it go faster. :nice:

Comment

Hey Mystikal

Have read through this thread and couldn't find a definitive answer so thought I'd ask as well

I've got a cabrio, with coilovers, and wondering what size tyres I'd need to get wheels to sit flush. Guards will be rolled.

The wheels are:
        17x8 +30
        17x9 +22

Not sure if I need spacers either?

Thanks in advance

edit* - worked out that 235/40 with 5mm spacer are perfect for fronts, would 215/40 also be reasonable if I want a bit of stretch?
        edit2 - 215/40 all around, 5mm spacer up front, fenders rolled, car dumped as low a possible. How's that sound for a flush setup?
        Last edited by nosh; 10-24-2016, 05:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Daemonblitz View Post
          Thanks ! I've always loved all the wheel setups/stance on your M roadster. The gold steelies were my fav.

I appreciate for the input, I had a feeling that's what we'd end up having to do. F15 rear and a combination of F80 M3/4 caliper/pads and E9x M3 rotors.
          Man, that's so cool. Using OE parts as upgrades just does it for me way more than any aftermarket stuff, regardless of the price tag. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

Comment

Originally posted by UlrichFennec View Post
            I'm doing a little bit of wheel shopping for next summer and I'm stuck between Kosei K2Rs in 15x7 in ET25 or TRMotorsport C1s in 15x7 ET25.

Would I need to run any spacers or would I be good to go without any rubbing? I'm only slightly lowered on H&R Sports if that helps at all. I'm open to different tire sizes too.
            Nothing needed, those fit perfect. 205/50, 205/55, 225/50, 225/45 all fit fine.

Comment

Originally posted by nosh View Post
              Hey Mystikal

Have read through this thread and couldn't find a definitive answer so thought I'd ask as well

I've got a cabrio, with coilovers, and wondering what size tyres I'd need to get wheels to sit flush. Guards will be rolled.

The wheels are:
              17x8 +30
              17x9 +22

Not sure if I need spacers either?

Thanks in advance

edit* - worked out that 235/40 with 5mm spacer are perfect for fronts, would 215/40 also be reasonable if I want a bit of stretch?
              edit2 - 215/40 all around, 5mm spacer up front, fenders rolled, car dumped as low a possible. How's that sound for a flush setup?
              Haha reading this was a satisfying roller coaster. Yes, you figured out exactly what I would recommend. 215/40 square, 5mm front spacers to clear the struts. There are some VERY reasonably priced 57.1mm 5mm 4x100 hubcentric spacers on eBay (I just bought a ton of them).

Comment

225/50R15 or 225/45R15. 5mm front spacers.
                Thanks so much I appreciate your work on this forum to help us new to e-30s!

Comment

Haha reading this was a satisfying roller coaster. Yes, you figured out exactly what I would recommend. 215/40 square, 5mm front spacers to clear the struts. There are some VERY reasonably priced 57.1mm 5mm 4x100 hubcentric spacers on eBay (I just bought a ton of them).
                  Haha it was all thanks to you, and yeap, I'll find spacers on eBay

Comment

Thanks guys! I told myself at 5000 replies that I would stop at 10,000. Almost retirement time. :D

Comment

Thanks guys! I told myself at 5000 replies that I would stop at 10,000. Almost retirement time. :D
                      :up: Like I said before, wheel/tire fitment and offsets hurts my head. Your efforts are more than appreciated!
                      1989 325is Lachssilber - Sold
                      1990 325is Sterlingsilber - Current Project
                      September 2018 Car of the Month: Zeemz
                      Youtube Track & Autocross Videos

Comment

Correct, +8 or so. Even a 205/50 will require rear fender rolling. Stretch is necessary for that fitment.
                        Thanks for the response! I ended up doing a little more research and found a really nice set of BBS RS 003s - 16x7 ET25 4x100.

OE? Style 10s or 15" Basketweaves all day. They're both 15x7 +24 and can fit 225 rubber without any problems.

I personally run 15x7 +20 BBS RZ's with 225/50 tires on my 325iS. I went through tons of wheel setups before I settled on those. Bought them in 2006 and haven't touched them since, they're too perfect for the car. Like factory 15" basketweaves with a massive lip injection. That's my penultimate.
                        In your recent response to sfe30stoner for his 16x7 ET20 on HR/Sport & Billy HDs you said he could run 205/50-16 max. Your "penultimate" setup is the look/feel I am going for, just 16s vs. 15s. I have seen mixed results with some people saying I can run 225s and others saying 205s. Will my larger offset of et25, over sfe30stoner's 16x7 et20, allow me to run 225/45-16s front and back? Or do I need to stick with 205/50-16s?

One of your post on MaxBimmer thread says that 15x7.5 with a ET18.65 is the max wheel size within the fender. One reply notes that 225/50s will fit on 15x7 et25 and 15x7.5 et19. Does this still apply to 16in wheels and allow 225/45-16s on 16x7?

Bottom Line.....
                        1) Max Tire Size for 16x7 ET25 = 225/45-16s or 205/50-16s?
                        2) Would either tire size benefit from a spacer for a more flush look without rolling the fenders?

1990 325is
                        BavAuto springs
                        Bilstein Sport shocks
                        Might switch over to Bilstiens with HR Race or Sports

Leading Tire Choices:
                        225/45s - Dunlop Direzza ZII Star Spec 225/45-16s
                        205/50s BFGoodrich g-Force Sport COMP-2 or Bridgestone Potenza RE760 Sport
                        There are definitely more options in the 205/50 over the 225/45s. This is a weekend driver, so I am planning on high performance summer tires.

Here are the ones I am picking up tomorrow!
                        Last edited by Zeemz; 11-03-2016, 11:00 AM.
                        1989 325is Lachssilber - Sold
                        1990 325is Sterlingsilber - Current Project
                        September 2018 Car of the Month: Zeemz
                        Youtube Track & Autocross Videos

Comment

Sorry, I'm sure it's been asked and I don't know how to teach a thread.

Looking to run style 5's 16x8 et23 on my 88 cabrio using 42 draft adapters.
                          H&R sport springs and koni's.
                          What tires do I need?
                          Will it rub?

Comment

Aaaaannd, another one, while I'm trying to figure out what wheels to run-

88 cabrio, H&R sports/konis.
                            Running 4 lug.
                            Want to use a 16" 5 lug wheel using adapters.

The wheels are 16x7 ET37. Was planning on 205 tires.

Can I make this work, with adapters?

Comment

I have 17x7 ET 30 wheels. What spacer + tire combo to get them flush? Squared setup. 92 vert. Thx!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

92 325i Calypsorot Convertible
                              H&R Sport Springs+HD Billies+E90 Drop Hats

Comment

I have an 89 325i sedan. It is running H&R Springs and Konis. I would like to go to a 15" wheel, and preferably something that can be bolted up and go without messing with things.

I was wondering about something like the following:
                                15" Rondell 58
                                4x100 7J ET35

If I ran a a 205/50 tire would these work on my car without spacers/fender rolling? These seem to have a higher offset than some of the other wheels I was considering so I was hoping for some advice from those who are more experienced with wheel tire fitment on E30's.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X