Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Status Change

I'm not sure if this is the location to announce this, but here goes:

It is with great consternation that I would like to announce the fact that I have sold my 1993 318i Design Edition Touring. It is a great car and I intended to keep it for a while, but someone offered me a more than fair price, and I took it. The car is gone, and I have payment in hand.

To alleviate the large hole in the garage, and also in my life, I purchased another one! I have put money down on a 1994 318i Design Edition. The main difference between this one and the previous one is that this one is PURPLE. (Daytona Violet)

My wife thinks it looks like a grape, but I've always wanted a purple car. And not only is this car purple, it's also an E30! It doesn't get any better than that.

The only problem now is that its going to be at lease a month before it gets here: It's still in the Netherlands.

Here it is: Click image for larger version

Name:	186532467_168709745183049_6684390330333227654_n.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	10022238

Comment

Mmm, weird purple interior.

Edit:

I just realized that you need the plate PLMCRZY to annoy the Mopar folks.
      Last edited by roguetoaster; 06-21-2021, 05:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
        Mmm, weird purple interior.

Edit:

I just realized that you need the plate PLMCRZY to annoy the Mopar folks.

Weird interior? That's an extremely fashionable MTech fabric Design Edition interior. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by twright View Post

That's an extremely fashionable MTech fabric Design Edition interior. :-)
          That's what I meant...at least if you enjoy carting around a ghetto blaster rocking Ace of Base and Warren G at full volume. Better invest in cartloads of D cells...

Comment

I like your way of thinking...

+2 on the PLMCRZY plate

PS start a thread in the members rides when it arrives so it gets more eyeballs on it!
            Simon
            Current Cars:
            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Do purple E30s automatically get COTM?

Comment

Sweet car! Even better than the last one. Do you have an overseas connection that sources them for you?

I play nothing but the KC & The Sunshine Band box set in my '77 E12, so I say Regulate with Warren G in this bad boy!

Cory
                1992 325i Cabrio
                1988 320i Touring
                2000 M5
                1977 530i
                2015 328i - Euro Delivery/Performance Center Delivery
                BMWCCA
                E30CCA

Comment

I have now bought two Tourings in Europe.

I don't have any connections in Europe that help me buy cars.

The first Touring was advertised HERE, and no one bought it but me.

The second Touring was on Facebook and I bought it.

Buying cars in Europe is easy. You just pick a shipping company and they do most of the work. The hardest part is buying a car sight unseen. There is some risk involved, but it has worked for me so far.

If you want to find a Touring in Europe, type " E30 Tourings for Sale in Europe" into Google. There are plenty available. Then use Roguetoaster's guide at the top of this section. Its invaluable.

Comment

You should buy in Spain.
                    What I see Spanish cars are in very good condition due to snowless weather.

British cars are rusted. Germans drive a lot.

There are no Tourings now, but there are 50,000 km coupes.
                    Last edited by Vincenze; 06-23-2021, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vincenze View Post
                      You should buy in Spain.

https://www.milanuncios.com/coches-d...no/bmw-e30.htm
                      I can't get that link to work. Have you got another one? I get an error that says I can't use this outside Spain
                      Last edited by twright; 06-23-2021, 05:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vincenze View Post
                        You should buy in Spain.

https://www.milanuncios.com/coches-d...no/bmw-e30.htm
                        Here'sone: https://www.autoscout24.com/offers/b...Id=-1172787320

Comment

I can't get that link to work. Have you got another one? I get an error that says I can't use this outside Spain
                          They block Internet providers. That was the first link I found anyway.

Comment

I know you are just all dying to know where my new Touring is. Here is its current location: It should be in Baltimore on May 18th. Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2021-08-11 061112.png Views:	0 Size:	175.9 KB ID:	10027466

Comment

I know you are just all dying to know where my new Touring is. Here is its current location: It should be in Baltimore on May 18th.
                              Time for something that rhymes with kayaking since it's going right up the Chesapeake Bay near me.

Comment

Working...
                              X