Shopping for a Car Tips 2021edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shopping for a Car Tips 2021edition

I want to get into an e30. But the world has changed since my last project car 10 years ago. Craigslist doesn’t seem to be what it used to be.

Where do y’all recommend trolling for posts for a project level e30 driving or roller?
    • craigslist
    • facebook marketplace
    • cars.com
    • autotrader
    I'm in the SE USA.

-I

Everywhere as there are not that many for sale.
    Why aren't BaT, eBay in your list?

Comment

BaT and ebay are where the overpriced cars usually land. Alternative sources net better value, albeit with a larger outlay of search time.

Good luck OP, but if you set your budget around 7k you will still find many solid examples. Don't be afraid of buying a sedan either since the driving experience is identical and practicality increases.

Comment

Some good examples pop up on here for a fair price?

I'm not sure how the WTB E30 threads go either?

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
        @Zakspeed_US

Comment

dig hard locally is always good. talk to everyone you know who likes cars.

most things interesting to drive are hard to source where i live. i got my e30 through a tip from a friend in the enthusiast community. it never got posted before i bought it. was a much better deal as a result.

Comment

Originally posted by 82eye View Post
            dig hard locally is always good. talk to everyone you know who likes cars.

most things interesting to drive are hard to source where i live. i got my e30 through a tip from a friend in the enthusiast community. it never got posted before i bought it. was a much better deal as a result.
            That's the best advice I think I have seen here, hit up a cars and coffee and get talking. I will continue to trawl craigslist and facebook, BaT and Ebay are definitely not the level of quality I am expecting to step into nor the price I want to pay.

-I

Comment

Originally posted by moatilliatta View Post
              Some good examples pop up on here for a fair price?

I'm not sure how the WTB E30 threads go either?
              I check here occasionally, but this forum seems to be light on my region (SE USA).

-I

Comment

Working...
              X