mirror problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mirror problems

Hi, on my e30 my passenger side mirror is not working, I tried switching the motors from the driver side and both of them are operational. When I try to position the mirror up or down I hear a click from both of the mirrors,but when I try to possition it left or right there is no click from either of them. I tested the connections from the black connector under the plastic/tweeter to the switch on the driver side and they all have connection and from the connector to the mirror motors there is also a connection. I don't know where to go next I tried cleaning the switch maybe its not working because I didn't clean it enough?

Maybe the side selector switch needs to be cleaned better or isn't making contact because of a bent or damaged contact. I had to clean the contacts of my mirror switches on both my E30 and E34 thoroughly to get them to work.

IG @turbovarg
    '91 318is, M20 turbo
    [CoTM: 4-18]
    '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
    - updated 3-17

Comment

Try another switch. I had a similar problem in one of my cars. When I pushed DOWN it would go LEFT. I replaced the switch and everything was gravy.

I suppose opening the switch and cleaning with 90% Isopropyl Alcohol might fix it if there's gunk in there.
      sigpic
      1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
      1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
      1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Working...
      X