No announcement yet.

rack doctor ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dammit i'm just finding out about the other suppliers now. i'm rebuilding the front suspension and dropping the sub this wk. with the weather changing it'll keep me from getting stuff finished and the engine in until spring if i don't see something soon.

Comment

it's a month since i placed and paid for the order. rack doctor has not communicated at all. it's looking pretty awful.

Comment

I used rack doctor in December of ‘20. Their claim to being late then was that they were moving. Ended up on the phone with the owner's daughter and got WAY too much information about a recent divorce, her b***ch mother (her word, not mine), and having to move shops due to the divorce. I was like “stop accepting orders while you’re moving, then”. Returned a rack to them as a core, never heard back. Will never do business again with them.
        S52-Powered 1987
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Hayes View Post
          I used rack doctor in December of ‘20. Their claim to being late then was that they were moving. Ended up on the phone with the owner's daughter and got WAY too much information about a recent divorce, her b***ch mother (her word, not mine), and having to move shops due to the divorce. I was like “stop accepting orders while you’re moving, then”. Returned a rack to them as a core, never heard back. Will never do business again with them.

i think it's still the same excuse posted on their site lol
          well, can't expect anything on a wkend so i'll hang tight and try see if i get a response during the wk. i'm ok with expansion issues, i'm not so happy with folk who take my cash and never acknowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by 82eye View Post
            it's a month since i placed and paid for the order. rack doctor has not communicated at all. it's looking pretty awful.
            Don't you have to wait until somebody mails a 200,000-mile rack to them, so they will be able to change the seals and sell to you?

Comment

Originally posted by Vincenze View Post

Don't you have to wait until somebody mails a 200,000-mile rack to them, so they will be able to change the seals and sell to you?
              it's understandable if they don't have stock to reman. not so much that they aren't communicating that if it is the facts. i got no issue extending patience, i just ask to know the situation.

Comment

Why not have it shipped to Vancouver for a rebuild?
                That's what was suggested to me when I lived in Regina and needed my ujoints replaced on my DS.
                If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
                  Why not have it shipped to Vancouver for a rebuild?
                  That's what was suggested to me when I lived in Regina and needed my ujoints replaced on my DS.

i ordered a z3 rack. i'm upgrading from the e30 rack. i'm ok with a wait, i can give them loads of time. i just need to know if they acknowledge the order and can fill it

edit : toss me a text sometime. i'm working on the car the next couple days.

Comment

Also had a bad experience with Rack Doctor, had to file a claim with paypal to get refunded. Same story in August about moving and needing more time, then no contact whatsoever for a month, calling , emailing, crickets. I used them before for another car with great success about six years ago so felt no need to check reviews, I thought they were a good company. Now I hear nothing but negative, sounds like they are just trying to rob people.
                    My advise would be to stay far away from them
                    Gerty e30
                    bay area, ca

Comment

These days with almost everything on backorder, everyone needs to be cautious before sending payment.
                      Most retailers are having serious issues getting stock with no end to this delay in sight.
                      If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Originally posted by chazz View Post
                        Also had a bad experience with Rack Doctor, had to file a claim with paypal to get refunded. Same story in August about moving and needing more time, then no contact whatsoever for a month, calling , emailing, crickets. I used them before for another car with great success about six years ago so felt no need to check reviews, I thought they were a good company. Now I hear nothing but negative, sounds like they are just trying to rob people.
                        My advise would be to stay far away from them

so far i'm getting no communication from them. they've already got my cash. i'm finding the same thing. great reviews until recent then a definite stay away. i just wish i had heard the bad before. there were a few on this board that recommended them, and i went with that.

Comment

still not a word from rack doctor. i'm leaning to the i've been scammed category now

edit : there phone connected which is encouraging. it did not on a previous try. only got a recorded message but at least it was an improvement. the message relayed they are behind for sure but at least working on it.
                          Last edited by 82eye; 10-13-2022, 08:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 82eye View Post
                            still not a word from rack doctor. i'm leaning to the i've been scammed category now

edit : there phone connected which is encouraging. it did not on a previous try. only got a recorded message but at least it was an improvement. the message relayed they are behind for sure but at least working on it.
                            They have had that message since May, I think... Apparently they are only processing returns on a monthly basis. I returned a rack, they said they had it, but they only have someone come in "once a month" to handle returns but couldn't tell me when that person was coming in. I don't have a lot of faith that I'm going to get a return directly from rack doctor.
                            '84 318i M10B18 147- Safari Beige
                            NA: 93whp/90ftlbs, MS2E w/ LC, 2-Step
                            Turbo: 221whp/214ftlbs, MS3x flex @ 17psi

Comment

I'll just lay this turd here...

t
                              now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

it wouldn't be the first time i was ripped off chasing parts. but it is the worst.

Comment

Working...
                                X