RemOtec Wheels?? Reps or real?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RemOtec Wheels?? Reps or real?

I'm looking at a set of Remotec A wheels and am curious if they are legit or reps. There's not a lot of info on them online but they are super nice.

any help I'd appreciated!

They already look like reps of BBS Style 5s.
    I've never heard of the brand so I can't speak to the reliability.

Do you have any higher-resolution photos? Can't make out any details from the photo you posted.

Comment

Originally posted by Panici View Post
      They already look like reps of BBS Style 5s.
      I've never heard of the brand so I can't speak to the reliability.

Do you have any higher-resolution photos? Can't make out any details from the photo you posted.
      I'll add everything I have here, the photos I have are screen shots from instagram. From what I've gathered, they are real
      old school wheels.

Comment

Remotec is a legit old school German brand, are you asking if Remotec's are reps themselves, or if those wheels are reps of a Remotec?
        Byron
        Leichtbau

Comment

Those don't seem like a wheel that a company would bother making replicas of.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by E30SPDFRK View Post
            Remotec is a legit old school German brand, are you asking if Remotec's are reps themselves, or if those wheels are reps of a Remotec?
            I'm asking if Remotecs are reps themselves. The wheels shown are legitimate remotec wheels.

Comment

Originally posted by Baticry30 View Post

I'm asking if Remotecs are reps themselves. The wheels shown are legitimate remotec wheels.
              reps of what ? you're not making sense ... all weaves from that era are going to look related.

Comment

Originally posted by 82eye View Post
                reps of what ? you're not making sense ... all weaves from that era are going to look related.
                I guess the question is, who originally made the basketweave?
                Was it BBS?

And does that make every other brand of 'weave a replica?

Comment

Not a rep company
                  Byron
                  Leichtbau

Comment

I guess the question is, who originally made the basketweave?
                    Was it BBS?

interesting. i wouldn't mind knowing. i think it'd be hard to prove who was first with a weave design. all i know is they are all an homage to the bicycle type spoked wheels.

And does that make every other brand of 'weave a replica?

i'd say not, as there are different patterns and designs. technically even a rep/copy has to be 25% different in some way to be legally sold without infringing copyright. in some cases original mfgrs will either grant the right to copy or, lease/sell it for another mfgr to make the product.

Comment

Not a rep company
                      correct. they definitely are not.

Comment

Not a rep company
                        I think this is the answer OP was looking for.

ESM is a company that only makes replicas of other company's wheels.

AC Schnitzer had original wheel designs, but some (many? all?) were actually cast by Ronal.

BBS, Enkei, Borbet, and many others all made similar basket weave designs. They aren't reps of each other, but do look similar.
                        sigpic
                        1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
                        1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
                        1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Originally posted by McGyver View Post

I think this is the answer OP was looking for.

ESM is a company that only makes replicas of other company's wheels.

AC Schnitzer had original wheel designs, but some (many? all?) were actually cast by Ronal.

BBS, Enkei, Borbet, and many others all made similar basket weave designs. They aren't reps of each other, but do look similar.
                          ronal weaves are the oem+ go to. have a 15in set sitting in my folks attic lol.

edit : everyone swaps the caps for bmw roundels. might do the same. but i'll do it on a spare set.

Comment

Working...
                          X