Euro spec aftermarket ac?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Euro spec aftermarket ac?

Hey everyone pretty new here but wanted to see if anyone else has found something like this in their e30. So my e30 doesn’t have the normal cubby spots most e30s do and in its place was a block off thing. I took it off and find this aftermarket ac system (I’m guessing) behind it. My car still has the factory blower motor which works so I’m just wondering why this was installed too.

Isn't it just a fan with a heater in it?

Comment

Originally posted by Vincenze View Post
      Isn't it just a fan with a heater in it?
      I’m not sure cause it connects to the whole hvac assembly with like self tapping screws and shit. It doesn’t even work. And there’s ac lines connecting to it. I might have to get more pics cause it’s weird

Comment

More pics

Comment

There is an alternate fan and housing for the non- AC cars (I have a Canadian- spec one)...

but that's not part of it.

t
          now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Dealer option AC? the one with the grille that goes where the storage tray usually lives?
            Originally posted by priapism
            My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
            Originally posted by shameson
            Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

I've seen and heard about it but it must be a euro only thing as I think all US spec cars came with AC standard. This is the first time I've seen pictures of the aftermarket unit itself without the vent cover. Might want to try E30zone or other euro specific sites.
              "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
              88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
              89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
              91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Working...
              X