• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do eeet!

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
      I'm too old for that shit now. :p
      Indeed. Indeed. :razz:

I helped pull an M20 on dirt. That wasn't fun. Hahaha.

I have a low profile jack, by virtue of my skyjacker rideheight up front, that I can get to the front crossmember without having to do anything like drive onto blocks of wood, etc. I can get the car in the air pretty quickly. That by itself made me less prone to going homicidal while working on a car.

Originally posted by whysimon
      WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

if it's a 2-post with bottom bracing, it wouldnt be hard to narrow it. cut/weld

Comment

i have a 4 post... for real... get it 2 post is a gods send... 4 post is for storage only i hate it.
          Originally posted by Lof8
          4 doors allow you to transport more whores.
          therefore, their value is much greater.
          Down to: 89 aw2 332i/4/5 , 70 Sahara 2002

Comment

I just bought a stock 325i, does that count?
            '89 325is S50 Track Montser
            '04 X5 Daily/Tow Vehicle

http://www.avarestoration.com

http://www.myspace.com/brendanfiddle

Click here if you want to be my zombie slave...

http://www.youtube.com/user/Fidhle007

Comment

Originally posted by Rennsport View Post
              I also get pissed when I'm lifting a non-e30 cuz I have to kneel down to see the jacking points
              Never stopped the PO of my car from jacking on the tank

Comment

And I did my motor build/tranny swap on gravel. I'm too old for that shit now. :p
                Ugh, same here. That was miserable. So glad I have a garage now.
                Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by FredK View Post
                  Indeed. Indeed. :razz:

I helped pull an M20 on dirt. That wasn't fun. Hahaha.

I have a low profile jack, by virtue of my skyjacker rideheight up front, that I can get to the front crossmember without having to do anything like drive onto blocks of wood, etc. I can get the car in the air pretty quickly. That by itself made me less prone to going homicidal while working on a car.
                  yes, getting under my car sucks ass. Getting it back down isn't fun either.

I have to use ramps to get under the front spoiler. That's not so bad - I have some low profile ramps, easy to drive onto, just high enough to get a jack under there or change my oil.

But in the rear I have to put a block of wood on top of my jack pad, because the m-coupe diff cover hangs so low I can't just jack under the diff like normal... and then I have about 1/8" of travel to pump the jack up (good thing it's a decent jack). the worst part is the coilover springs fall out of the perches when you jack up the rear, so when I lower it down I have to just let the tires touch, and then monkey around moving the springs back onto the perches before I can lower it all the way. ugh.
                  Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I have one of each, a older rotary 2 post (my main work lift) and a 4 post I use for storage. If the lift is going to be a work lift definately go 2 post.

How long are the arms on it? Will they extend in to lift a car, if so, jump on it for $500!

Comment

The width is 11'-6' on the base then add the posts so it's about 9'-6 on the inside with 4 swing arms. The height is 8'-4 after measuring it out. Thinking garage is gonna be to short. Will have to raise the roof at a minimum of 4 feet but I think I might purchase it anyway.

Appears to be in good shape and owner said he is willing to barter as well. Nice older guy who is a word of mouth business guy for boats. He happens to know some of my coworkers so it makes it a small world.
                      https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Originally posted by 2002maniac View Post
                        if it's a 2-post with bottom bracing, it wouldnt be hard to narrow it. cut/weld
                        Gonna have too it's too big for garage, and on top of that I found a nice Reznor 50k BTU Natural Gas furnance.

Comment

I have a mechanic pit at my house does that count?

Comment

People still have those? You must live in a farming area. Most don't have pits due to the fume issues. How do you like working in that?

Comment

yes, getting under my car sucks ass. Getting it back down isn't fun either.

I have to use ramps to get under the front spoiler. That's not so bad - I have some low profile ramps, easy to drive onto, just high enough to get a jack under there or change my oil.

But in the rear I have to put a block of wood on top of my jack pad, because the m-coupe diff cover hangs so low I can't just jack under the diff like normal... and then I have about 1/8" of travel to pump the jack up (good thing it's a decent jack). the worst part is the coilover springs fall out of the perches when you jack up the rear, so when I lower it down I have to just let the tires touch, and then monkey around moving the springs back onto the perches before I can lower it all the way. ugh.
                              Wow, I feel like you took the words out of my mouth. So annoying isn't it?

Originally posted by bmwguy87 View Post
                              I have a mechanic pit at my house does that count?
                              Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
                              People still have those? You must live in a farming area. Most don't have pits due to the fume issues. How do you like working in that?
                              Ha, my grandfather has one of these in Portugal! I've never used it though. Also curious as to how it is in there. Must be awkward, how do you change a tranny under there - just pull the car up so far to leave enough room for exit up the ladder/side?

Comment

My father in law's shop has a pit that runs the length of the shop, I use it all the time. It is kick ass when you need someone under the car and someone under the hood at the same time. Way easier than lifting the car up and down on a lift just to check something up top. Engine swaps are easy as pie to since I can just pull one of his service trucks with a crane on the back and move it around with the controller.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X