Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just received today from the Fatherland (Bayern)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andrew325is View Post
    Hey thanks! :)

Definitely. I spent over 2 hours cleaning them. They still have some small specks of brake dust on them, but from a step back they almost look new. What's the best way to remove hard-stuck brake dust?

2 hours? damn. I used a center punch (like a metal pencil) covered in a tee shirt/cloth, soaked in soapy water. It will let you get into all of the crevices with enough force to clean it out without scratching the paint.

"I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
    88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
    89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
    91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Originally posted by AC Nico View Post
      have you bought them from a private person? i'm just wondering because he ships packages which are more than 20kg. Normally thats not possible for a private person via DHL.

You made a good deal!
      Yes, some guy in a little town in Bavaria called Marktleuthen. He said there was much going back and forth with DHL so it must have been quite some ordeal. http://www.fichtelgebirge-oberfranke...en/english.htm
      Plug and Play Wiring Harness Adapters for S54, S50, M54 and more.

Comment

Originally posted by Alkasquawlik View Post
        how'd you clean them?
        With a wash mit and car soap. I started using cotton swabs for all the grooves except that was stupid so I got out an old tooth brush. Much faster.
        Plug and Play Wiring Harness Adapters for S54, S50, M54 and more.

Comment

I think you got good deal. Mine came from the motherland too w/o tires and with a set of eurogrills for $600 from a member here but those look great...especially with tires. Get the car off jackstands and your golden.

COTM

Comment

P21S gel solution with a lite soaking and a nice soft brush works wonders for me.
            https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

options Code 0286

is 15 inch alloys

15x7 Part #36-11-1-179-066
              Nogarosilber 15x7 Part # 36-11-2-226- 898

Comment

Originally posted by bostonbmw View Post
                I got my brand new Ronal's for just under $600 shipped
                How long ago was that though?

Comment

Originally posted by BDK View Post
                  How long ago was that though?
                  Probably a year maybe 2 before Ronal pulled out of the US market. Gary used to say Group Buy time last chance to buy them...about every 6 months and most of us got tired of hearing it.

Then, they did it it was very anti climatic. Still can get them in Europe fairly easy.
                  https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Working...
                  X