Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sold my car, broke on the guy on his way home, what should I do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sold my car, broke on the guy on his way home, what should I do?

I just sold my running and driving e30 with all the i parts needed for a 2.7i car for $650 because I wanted the money fast to put into my snowmobile. Well the guy just called me and said the alternator belt wont stay on and it is pissing coolant everywhere and he is stranded. He wants me to drive an hour out to him to help him tow it and give him a couple hundred dollars back. It has a bill of sale that says its sold in as is condition and it never showed any signs in the 2 years that I daily drove it. I don't know what to do, I want to be nice and have him satisfied with the purchase but at the same time he could have been street racing his friend in the evo bouncing of the rev limiter. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I'd drop it if you honestly had 0 clue of these issues.

Could easily be his fault and you don't want to get sucked into that...
    Originally posted by z31maniac
    I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

it depends on what your conscious lets you do.

if you want to be a dick, tell him sorry you cant help him. you dont know what he did or how he drove it once he turned the block. he might have abused it.

personally, i'd say no on the money. but i'd offer to help him repair it. its a $650 car, honesty wtf does he expect?
      AWD > RWD

Comment

yea. sold AS IS sorry but no. you as the seller are not obligated to become his AAA service.

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
        Ig:ryno_pzk
        I like the tuna here.
        Originally posted by lambo
        Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

just dont talk to him ever again. anyone who buys a car for 650 should know what they are doing.

Originally posted by stewie30luvr
          ooo cause i was fixing my chain tensioner and there was a black widow on the radiator so i killed it
          Originally posted by JakeP
          with a coathanger

Comment

I would be willing to help but the dude is huge and I don't want to get my ass beat. I have been texting him though and it has been 20 minutes since I last heard from him, hopefully he cant text because he is driving.

Comment

The car was sold AS IS. So tell him no for the money and tuff luck with the towing.

1992 BMW 325iC
              1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
              1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

I had the same issue with a bicycle a while back.

You sold it as is, cash in hand, with a bill of sale. I would tell him sorry, but you have no idea how he drove it and it is a $650 car. He had a friend with him to help him out so he can go have fun with his new toy.

Comment

I have had problems with cars right after I bought them before, I don't know if its just me but not once have I even thought about contacting the po about them. I figure its my car once I sign the title so I can handle its problems.

Comment

I had this happen recently. I sold a car, which the guy lowballed me on but i needed the money, then the next day calls me and says he wants me to pay for all kinds of stuff. We went over the car when he bought it.
                    If I were you I would tell him you can't do anything. You have no idea what happened after he left and he bought the car as is, and should have inspected it prior to buying it.

Vinyl Lettering

Comment

haha he paid $650 for it fuck him. Maybe help him tow it if you have the resources to do so easily but he obviously bought it as a project with the 2.7i parts so what the hell can he expect?
                      For all things 24v, check out Markert Motorworks!
                      Originally posted by mbonanni
                      I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

Sold as is, Thats just the way it is. He looked it over and test drove it im sure?

Comment

If it was 3,000 for a car, I'd feel a little more than nothing but for 650....FUCK I've spent more on a single part, he got a whole car for that much....Call a tow truck for him.
                          1985 BMW 325e
                          1997 BMW M3/4/5
                          2007 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 5.3 v8

Comment

Well its been an hour since I heard from my new friend, I honestly hope he and the car got home ok. Hopefully he doesn't text me anymore and the next time I hear from him is when he makes a thread about why e30tech wont register his account.

Comment

You sound like a nice guy. Stop it.

As IS. 650.00.

That is all.
                              sigpic 1987 325is

Comment

Working...
                              X