Hit by a Cop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hit by a Cop

Headed out today to run errands, I was in the far left lane at the spot where N 3rd Street meets N 3rd Pl (98057, map it) when a Police cruiser that had been to my immediate right decided to make a U turn (to follow a baddie) and bashed Kims car! It all happened in slow motion, maybe 5 MPH. I was just creeping along when this cop pulls a left into me....like WTF?

He got the worst of it though!

Her car:

...and of course, his buddies stopped by to make fun of him:

And of course, the cop was totally apologetic, totally took responsibility for the accident. He thought he was in the far left lane.

So...the city of Renton is self insured. Time to see if I can make a deal!

EDIT: the whole front of this car is pushed over, clearly bent, but not bad. Time to get this thing on a frame rack!

Closing SOON!
    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

lol dam, good thing hes not taking you to court and blaming it on you

And welcome to the dent club; every e30 is destained to get one it the same exact spot
    Bronzit 4-door Swap Drifting somewhere
    Cammed B25 Swap Daily Driver
    Updated 10/1

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1
    Maybe 300 CANADIAN HP, thats like 225 US HP.

Comment

Lol, how odd.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
      1983 Peugeot 505 STI
      1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
      2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Geez. If it were your fault, the cops probably would have given you a ticket. Of course they get no ticket if it's their fault.

"The Camry is an appliance, not a car. It attracts folks who have the same regard for driving that they have for washing dishes,
        i.e. it's a necessary but somewhat unpleasant chore and they want something to make the task a little easier and insulate them from the process."
         - my friend, Número Veintiséis

Comment

That makes the e30 look like a tank...

And yikes, hopefully the check can be used for new wheels!
          ///Alpinweiß II 24v 91' 318is, Alpinweiß III 99' 323i, 04' Yamaha R6 SE for sale, 00' VW GTi, 83' El Camino BURNED, 01' P71sold, 92' Miatasold

Comment

yeah thats one of the first times ive heard the cop taking full responsibility! good work!

Comment

definitley odd Indeed, at least you can trust them....

right??
              [/url]

Team USA Wrestling 67KG
              Team USA Wrestling Strength And Conditioning Coach

Comment

E30 1, Cop 0

Wheels -234234245214

Current Car: 2011 BMW 135i, M-Sport, 6 speed

Originally posted by lambo
                Sounds like you need a massage.
                Originally posted by kpeng
                Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

Originally posted by asubimmer View Post
                  That makes the e30 look like a tank...

And yikes, hopefully the check can be used for new wheels!
                  The fuck you say! Let me guess, they look like wheels on a chicks car, right?

Hmmmmm...

Closing SOON!

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Comment

Oh god. I would have grabbed my neck and called for an waahahmbulance! ;)

Originally posted by Matt-B
                    hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Looks like it will buff right out dude! Seriously, doesn't look that bad, you think it's more than just the bumper/valance/fender?
                      Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Originally posted by Jean View Post
                        Looks like it will buff right out dude! Seriously, doesn't look that bad, you think it's more than just the bumper/valance/fender?
                        Yeah, it pulls now and was super straight before, plus it "feels weird".

I was trying to figure out how to get a decent shot that shows it "dogtracks" now, but my POS cell phone cam in the rain...fuggit!

You figure the cop was just a little ahead of me on my right. He slows to about 5MPH from the maybe 15MPH we were doing as we approached the light...I mean, we are talking ZERO warning, but kinda slow motion...he basically ripped off the face of the bumper except we both stopped.

The force of the crunch was more sideways torque than it was impact. Both fenders, both doors and the hood are tweaked, the bumper skin is all rippled along the top edge. I have not looked at the valence, but I assume it is messed up somehow too.

You figure between weight transfer from my braking and his shoving the car sideways, there was quite a bit of kinetic energy involved here.

These are damn tough little cars!

and maybe: http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/cto/2075509324.html

Closing SOON!

Comment

wheels

Comment

Glad you are ok Luke. Chryslers are really made out of aluminum foil!

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Maybe he was trying to put those wheels out of their misery.

1987 325e - 5 speed - Mods: 3.25 LSD, Mark D Chip, Bilstein HD's, Ansa Sport

Comment

Working...
                              X