Need the help of R3V - Amputee Driving a Clutch

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • LJ851
    replied
    Almost all M/C clutch masters are 12-14 mm bore. any one know what stock E30 is?

    Leave a comment:


  • 5Toes
    replied
    Originally posted by LJ851
    How much control do you have with your right leg?
    I cant move my ankle, but my with my calf I can get the proper up down push in motion I would need

    Leave a comment:


  • 5Toes
    replied
    Originally posted by LJ851
    You can buy a super bad ass motorcycle M/C for less than 300 . Where are you getting you #s? I'll give you a M/C off a 996 ducati, whats your address?
    Well thats brand new. I havn;t search used.

    Problem is... will a Ducati MC have enough power? But in reality it would be SUPER easy to fab up. Somebody try this for me. Just take the clutch line, bleed it to a moto mc. And see if you can disengage the clutch. Ill love you

    Also see people are telling me my pedals idea is dumb. Because then nobody can drive my car, which is kind of true. If you think REALLY hard and baby it... somebody could drive it a few miles to a shop if I get hurt or something. Also then my friends would have a GOOD reason not to borrow my car. lol


    And George, I see what you are saying.

    Other amputees, well motorheads, are all guys with $35000 C-Leg knees that make motion like this much easier. Im too hard on legs and would destroy that knee in a week.



    Leave a comment:


  • LJ851
    replied
    How much control do you have with your right leg?

    Leave a comment:


  • george graves
    replied
    Originally posted by Pussy30
    Wut
    ^ needs a time out.

    Why re-invent the wheel. What is standard for other amputees? What ever that is, do that.

    BTW - I'll get flammed for saying this. Auto's aren't that bad on an e30 - it's a LOT worse than on some American boat - But e30's? Not so bad.

    But I like Anderson's vibe too much to try to talk you out of a 5-speed. Naw mean?

    Leave a comment:


  • LJ851
    replied
    Originally posted by 5Toes
    Clutching and braking would be dumb to do with one leg. REALLY HARD too if I ever want to autox.

    I have thought of using a motorcycle MC and mounting it to the shifter... making a kart shifter! Cool idea but spendy. Would need like a CBR1000 MC. Which would be like $300
    You can buy a super bad ass motorcycle M/C for less than 300 . Where are you getting you #s? I'll give you a M/C off a 996 ducati, whats your address?

    Leave a comment:


  • 5Toes
    replied
    Originally posted by Janderson
    This is EXACTLY why you go and you do it now. To prove them wrong.

    I don't give a shit if it's your mother or Little Billy Fuckstick down the street. Someone tells you you can't do something because of a disability, obstacle, or anything else that is blocking your way, you do it to prove them wrong, and to prove it to yourself.
    Thanks Josh. Im about ready to tear up. You're right.

    And she is wrong anyways. Way wrong. Its not more to think about. Its the same thoughts

    Originally posted by KamakaziX
    Ok, I thought you said left foot braking was out of the question. I got it now. Props for creativity.
    Thanks bud

    Originally posted by AbsorbantNut
    Not putting you down but I'm not sure I want the thought that some 16 year old kid who chopped up his cAr and welded some pedals around & hasn't driven stick before would be out there on the road with me. I know you could make a lot of arguments against this and how there already are terrible drivers on the road, but why not stick with an auto e30 for a bit, I mean kamotors showed that the can be a decent amount of fun.
    Kamotors drives auto? Say Wha?

    No it wouldn't take me any longer to learn than anybody else. I pick things up fast. It would maybe take an afternoon. I dont even have my license yet, so I mean how much trouble can I get into with my permit learning. Ill be safer than grandmas all around... just look here - http://r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=202102

    Leave a comment:


  • AbsorbantNut
    replied
    Not putting you down but I'm not sure I want the thought that some 16 year old kid who chopped up his cAr and welded some pedals around & hasn't driven stick before would be out there on the road with me. I know you could make a lot of arguments against this and how there already are terrible drivers on the road, but why not stick with an auto e30 for a bit, I mean kamotors showed that the can be a decent amount of fun.

    Leave a comment:


  • KamakaziX
    replied
    Ok, I thought you said left foot braking was out of the question. I got it now. Props for creativity.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jand3rson
    replied
    Originally posted by 5Toes
    My Mom is also like "its too much to think about with your leg."
    This is EXACTLY why you go and you do it now. To prove them wrong.

    I don't give a shit if it's your mother or Little Billy Fuckstick down the street. Someone tells you you can't do something because of a disability, obstacle, or anything else that is blocking your way, you do it to prove them wrong, and to prove it to yourself.

    Leave a comment:


  • 5Toes
    replied
    Originally posted by KamakaziX
    I'm a little confused, you like to keep your right leg idle, correct? So, if that was on the clutch wouldn't you have to use your left foot to brake? Sorry if I missed something, I'm a little slow . . .
    No my fake leg would clutch only. It would be velcro'd to the pedal. The clutch would be where the gas normally is, to accommodate for this

    Pedals would look like this - Gas Brake Clutch

    Left leg, my real leg, would do gas and brake.

    Leave a comment:


  • 5Toes
    replied
    Clutching and braking would be dumb to do with one leg. REALLY HARD too if I ever want to autox.

    I have thought of using a motorcycle MC and mounting it to the shifter... making a kart shifter! Cool idea but spendy. Would need like a CBR1000 MC. Which would be like $300

    Leave a comment:


  • KamakaziX
    replied
    I'm a little confused, you like to keep your right leg idle, correct? So, if that was on the clutch wouldn't you have to use your left foot to brake? Sorry if I missed something, I'm a little slow . . .

    Leave a comment:


  • LJ851
    replied
    Have you looked at what others have done ? My first thought is a hand throttle and use your good leg to clutch and brake .Should be easy to fab, too.

    Leave a comment:


  • 5Toes
    replied
    No I haven't. Because it would be very crude to do so without modifying it a bit.

    I know how it all works, I can ride a dirtbike and shift fine. My first time ever I didn't kill the bike ever except when Id let off throttle all the way (the bike wouldn't idle on its own)

    Leave a comment:

Working...