Need the help of R3V - Amputee Driving a Clutch

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 5Toes
    replied
    Props for what? Wanting to heel toe?

    And yes you are right. I may hate it, but everything is reversible.

    I just need to get in alot of E30s and feel a bunch of different clutches. I wonder if even like the Master Cylinder from a 535is or something would even change the feel to make it easier?

    Leave a comment:


  • ZekeTheSneak
    replied
    I say attempt it and worry about fine tuning later, Hell you may hate it when its all said and done. My favorite thing is downshifting, props. I'm in tacoma if you ever need a hand.

    Leave a comment:


  • 5Toes
    replied
    ^ lol what?

    Damn long bump. Still dream of this nearly every day.

    After somebody is done parting out an E30 I am going to ask if I can have their help for a day with a grinder and welder and try to mock up a right gas setup.

    If one takes a look at E30 pedals, they will see that the gas is actually a lever type roller thing that pulls the cable right behind where the clutch is...

    All I would need to do is cut, reverse and reweld this linkage and I am good to go. Yes

    Leave a comment:


  • Gerta
    replied
    E30Rookie - Good luck with clearing MEPS. It can be a hurdle to get in and processed if you have significant injury history. As a former Marine most of what you will encounter in bootcamp is simply a mental game. If you have a will there is a way.

    Leave a comment:


  • Massimo
    replied
    Originally posted by 5Toes
    I personally would never want to pay for it... BUT LOOK!!!

    http://disableddrivingdevices.com/in...=39&Itemid=121
    I was just about to suggest something like that. What if you were to put a motorcycle clutch lever on the gear shift, some that looks like a B&M Shifter



    Would be sweet as. I would require a little fab.

    Leave a comment:


  • victory12
    replied
    Originally posted by 5Toes
    All our cars are autos, and I just drive with my left foot. I dont have the ability to accurately move my right leg from pedal to pedal, and driving with left foot braking is a BAD idea. I find too that I ride the gas if I try with my right leg, its too heavy. I clutch though would not have that problem
    I am not sure why you want to do it? Is it because you'll be having to use your right leg to operate two levers? You can drive an automatic so why not a stick?

    Already answered the question i see.

    Leave a comment:


  • 5Toes
    replied
    Sorry to make so many posts... BUT JUST CAME UP WITH A GREAT IDEA

    What about the compressed air... BUT a lever on the shifter controls a valve to which the air can flow to the slave cylinder?!?!?!

    That would supply good "feel"!

    Leave a comment:


  • 5Toes
    replied
    And

    Leave a comment:


  • 5Toes
    replied
    I personally would never want to pay for it... BUT LOOK!!!

    Leave a comment:


  • E30Rookie37
    replied
    Originally posted by devon.818
    props to you 5toes!

    ima share something real quick, i got in a motorcycle accident in september, fucked up my ankle bad, took 6 months before i could walk normally, currently learning how to run.
    anyway my parents were conserned about me getting a car, worried i wouldn't be able to brake and shit. i proved them wrong, but i did get an auto because i wasn't fully healed yet. im selling mine to get a 5sp. now.
    my doctors told me i wont be able to join the marines like i planned on, well we'll see in two more years, but i plan to flip the bird to everyone in the future if MEPS clears me.

    is the auto fun? yes, i adjusted the kickdown and the way it shifts at redline WOT is actually hard and feels like a real shift.

    dude, i say if it works do it, im sure there are others in your situation that will thankyou for your persistance.

    GL man, you know we're all rooting for ya
    I DD a slushy mc slush box..How do I adjust the kickdown. This sounds like what I need to do.

    Leave a comment:


  • 5Toes
    replied
    Somebody PLEASE explain to me how solid welds are more dangerous than hydraulic lines and remote vacuum boosters?

    Leave a comment:


  • 5Toes
    replied
    Washington no tiene Emissions tests

    Leave a comment:


  • Pussy30
    replied
    Originally posted by A Sucked Orange
    Good luck at the safety/emissions check.
    For real. This is sounding like a deathtrap.

    Leave a comment:


  • A Sucked Orange
    replied
    Good luck at the safety/emissions check.

    Leave a comment:


  • KenC
    replied
    I can see the huge "DENIED" stamp slamming down on your insurance claim after your first fender bender. Seriously, check your local laws and check with your insurance company.

    Leave a comment:

Working...