Need the help of R3V - Amputee Driving a Clutch

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • camshaftgsxr
    replied
    my first thought would be a cable operated hand clutch attached to the shift knob like a motorcycle lever...

    Leave a comment:


  • VinniE30
    replied
    Originally posted by turge
    U said u wanted the accelerator on the left correct? Most UK cars have the steering wheel and what not on the right since their roads are reversed compared to ours.

    Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt using Tapatalk
    Yeah pedals are reversed. So is the steering. When you turn the wheel right the car goes left. The gear layout is a mirror image too just like everything else. :D

    Sent from my Apple MacBook Pro using Google Chrome

    Leave a comment:


  • FunfGan
    replied
    Originally posted by turge
    I thought they were? The one I saw was.

    Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt using Tapatalk
    I'm sorry, but are you fucking joking?

    Leave a comment:


  • OniKyan
    replied
    Vtec has the best idea. If homeboy is actually capable of producing it, you should send him the $400.

    Leave a comment:


  • Holland
    replied
    Originally posted by turge
    I thought they were? The one I saw was.

    Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt using Tapatalk
    Pedals are not reversed on RHD cars.

    Leave a comment:


  • tg318is
    replied
    Wow...

    Andrew, Good luck with it! Very interesting.

    Leave a comment:


  • LJ851
    replied
    Originally posted by KenC
    Lol pedals aren't reversed.
    Originally posted by turge
    I thought they were? The one I saw was.
    You saw wrong.

    Leave a comment:


  • turge
    replied
    Originally posted by KenC
    Lol pedals aren't reversed.
    I thought they were? The one I saw was.

    Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt using Tapatalk

    Leave a comment:


  • turge
    replied
    U said u wanted the accelerator on the left correct? Most UK cars have the steering wheel and what not on the right since their roads are reversed compared to ours.

    Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt using Tapatalk

    Leave a comment:


  • KenC
    replied
    Originally posted by turge
    Here's a thought. Buy a right hand drive car from the U.K.

    Anyways good luck with whatever route u take.

    Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt using Tapatalk
    Lol pedals aren't reversed.

    Leave a comment:


  • 5Toes
    replied
    I read this article, and the way it was worded was sort of weird



    Originally posted by wikipedia
    It uses a stored vacuum to multiply (assist - it is not a multiplier of force) braking force applied by the driver to the brake pedal

    Leave a comment:


  • LJ851
    replied
    Originally posted by 5Toes
    EDIT: Seems that brake boosters do not multiply force therefore, this idea would not make the the motorcycle m/c stronger. Reading now how to boost hydraulic force..

    You Funny, 5Toes !

    Leave a comment:


  • 5Toes
    replied
    And how does that help?

    Leave a comment:


  • turge
    replied
    Here's a thought. Buy a right hand drive car from the U.K.

    Anyways good luck with whatever route u take.

    Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt using Tapatalk

    Leave a comment:


  • 5Toes
    replied
    Thank you gearhead. Will look into it later today

    Leave a comment:

Working...