Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xLegendOZWest View Post
    like a hot chick with a knife.
    i enjoy my cars threats to go sideways :)

And my throttle cable sticks every now and then but never uncontrollably WOT. However the cold start valve came unplugged as i cruised north on I5 Which leads to allot of fuel in the motor. That's be all fine and good if there weren't a couple fresh inches of snow on the highway with more coming. Couldn't pull of to the side because i'd never get back on so i "power braked" to the next exit. The only thing that saved me was daylight, night time and i'd a been skunked.
    Been with me for 16 years...
    sigpic
    Wish i had more time to play with her

Comment

I've been lucky with mine, now my friends' e30s is a different story. (They may chime in)

One caught on fire, twice.

The other was slowly falling off of the jack stands, on a sloped driveway with my MT-2 4 door parked behind it. I was glad when it happened I was in the car fiddling with something and hit the brakes right after it fell off. The owner of the car won "you have a really shitty jack and jack stands" award of the night.

And for those of you having experiences with the stock jack, I've had none, but then again I have an E21 jack instead. Much nicer. Also your roadside adventures might be a little less harrowing if you jacked up the car by the book, wheel chock and everything. I've had to use mine twice, both on sketchy gravel without any issues other than the tires that were on the car at the time being too damn big and the jack being able to lift just slightly high enough you can get a finger under the tire to get it off. :)

Comment

Shift linkage has fallen out before... being stuck in one gear is always fun.... then I had no choice but to crawl under the car with only the factory jack, scary shit.
        Originally posted by z31maniac
        I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

Jack stands on a slope, especially with the rear (ebrake) wheels off the ground has always seemed sketch. The above post is point in case

My throttle would stick partially open when the plastic clip that holds the cable barrel broke a tab, so on a snap deceleration, it would fall out of the tb bracket, then turn 90 degrees and lodge itself against it but not through the hole. Clutch in or neutral quickly made noise from 4-5krpm iirc. Fairly wide stick, and to top it off, for this period of time I also had a busted hood latch and had to pull over and search for my handy hood popper screwdriver in the mess of my car. I just smeared some rtv on it so it wouldn't come out again. /old m20

Comment

Originally posted by slammin.e28guy View Post
            Friends e30 fell off the jack stands as I was dropping it down. I moved pretty damn fast, or so he said, to get out of the way.

So far MY e30 has been good to me (knock on wood!).
            You forgot to mention the punctured gas tank.

I still have no idea how that happened, oh yeah CHOCK THE FRONT WHEELS DAWG.
            1986 Plymouth Horizon. Base.

Comment

Originally posted by nickflic3 View Post
              Fucking factory jack... Nuff said :hitler:

Edit: Reason for jack failure was on my way to school on the freeway the rear shock bolt stripped out... Drove like 30 miles with no driver side rear shock. Talk about sketch...

a stripped shock bolt messed up your jack? do tell

Comment

You'd have to be pretty damn brave (or really fucking stupid) to crawl under the car using the factory jack. I hate that thing. it's slipped and moved on me every time I've had to use it. At least use the factory wheel chock with it if you're stuck and it's your only choice.
                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Dropping the engine out from the bottom and it fell the wrong way. It fell on my HAND! whole engine/tranny, subframe and suspension including wheels.
                  ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
                  ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                  ~ '87 535
                  ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                  ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

I was hauling ass up inbetween big bear lake and running springs in an area know to locals as (the arctic circle) and it was mid summer early in the morning going to work. I was in a good rhythm in the turns and she was hooking up great and came in to one turn and huge rocks where in the road. I avoided the rocks and headed to the next turn and she locked up and understeered going into the next turn. It was all on the asphalt when this happened. I was heading straight towards the side of the mountain and i turned the wheel all the way to the right and hit the e-brake and spun her round in a 180 and stopped. I got out and looked at the tires and were good ,ground was not wet/slippery or anything. Scared the shit out of me,that is the only time she has ever done that to me in the 10 years i have owned her.
                    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

Originally posted by InuFaye View Post
                      You forgot to mention the punctured gas tank.

I still have no idea how that happened, oh yeah CHOCK THE FRONT WHEELS DAWG.
                      They were....the front was at least.

This is why we (dad an I) were in the barn measuring for a lift. Problem solved. I convinced him I would work on his cars in return.
                      1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Originally posted by merrrr View Post
                        my throttle got stuck wide open cus of the stupid cruise control cable got stuck on the throttle body.. i punched the clutch in and my car hit the r3v limiter for a few seconds until getting unstuck and scared a bunch of pedestrians. thank god for manual trans lol
                        call toyota about this..
                        Bought parts from me before? leave your feedback here

Comment

Originally posted by nickflic3 View Post
                          Fucking factory jack... Nuff said :hitler:

Edit: Reason for jack failure was on my way to school on the freeway the rear shock bolt stripped out... Drove like 30 miles with no driver side rear shock. Talk about sketch...

Gregslow318i installed my rear shocks and I had the same thing happen on I-5 Northbound right next to the University of WA at 75mph. I had to drive it the entire way (55 miles) home because he was "busy".
                          Need a part? PM me.

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

Originally posted by QUKBMER View Post
                            I was hauling ass up inbetween big bear lake and running springs in an area know to locals as (the arctic circle) and it was mid summer early in the morning going to work. I was in a good rhythm in the turns and she was hooking up great and came in to one turn and huge rocks where in the road. I avoided the rocks and headed to the next turn and she locked up and understeered going into the next turn. It was all on the asphalt when this happened. I was heading straight towards the side of the mountain and i turned the wheel all the way to the right and hit the e-brake and spun her round in a 180 and stopped. I got out and looked at the tires and were good ,ground was not wet/slippery or anything. Scared the shit out of me,that is the only time she has ever done that to me in the 10 years i have owned her.
                            You forgot the part where you NFS drifted in between the rocks.

dorifto s4v3d muh lyfe
                            Originally posted by LJ851
                            I programmed my oven to turn off when my pizza was done, should i start a build thread?

Feedback

Comment

i had a spring compressor break on me and nearly knock my head off. I barely dodged that bullet.

Comment

lost the entire wheel on the freeway. rear left wheel. once. towed home.

lost the bottom bolt on my front right caliper. locked the wheel on a highway in the hills.

over heated once. towed home

blew a tire.

caught the interior on fire.

r12 line blew and fogged up the whole inside of the car.

been also towed home for:
                                the timing mark breaking off the flywheel.
                                hitting a curb in the dark and breaking the control arm.
                                fuel pump died on a track day.
                                Much wow
                                I hate 4 doors

Comment

Working...
                                X