Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 'Craigslist find' thread - awesome & awful (eBay, Kijiji, etc.)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/la...176075615.html - Gangster

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty.Piranha View Post
      Not bad if it really just needs the final paint. Looks kinda cool primed.
      Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

VIN for that 318is is as follows

WBAAF9319MEE74050
        My previous build (currently E30-less)
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Originally posted by Musij View Post
          That's really good advice! Thanks man! One question, do you do this before meeting in person or once you see the car in person already?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
          I live in a very small town, with usually only 3 - 5 BMW's (of all models) for sale at any one time. Not a lot to pick from.

I purchase most of my cars from locations hours (2 - 4 hrs) away from me, so I do all of this on the front end. I have to know that the seller is willing to 'stoop to my level' price wise, before I invest the day traveling back and forth to see it. I will not spend 8 hrs driving only to find out that the seller won't budge from his asking price more than 200 dollars.

I am patient and friendly enough, and I know what questions to ask, to get most of the information that I need to make a decision, before seeing the car.

Now, if I get to the car and there are more flaws that the seller would not divulge, I enter a new acquisition strategy. If the flaws are serious enough and the seller won't budge on the already lowball price we have agreed upon, I walk away (very important).

This not seeing the car and already lowballing the seller tactic does seem kind of douchey/assholish to me sometimes. I understand that. But it is a by product of my geographic location, and the fact that I won't get all googly eyed and attached before the purchase, at the price I told myself I wouldn't go over, has occurred.

This works for me. Some sellers won't talk price for one second over the phone. I don't work with sellers like this, again due to my geographic location and the time I would have to spend traveling.

Comment

Far too much 'no' going on here:

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse - $2000

Selling my 1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse.

Drives with no issues.
            Manual Transmission.
            Suicide Doors.
            Clean Title.
            GREAT MILEAGE is why the price is what it is. The rest CAN be fixed relatively simply.
            Mileage 79k.
            The car will start and run without problems with a jump.
            I turn it on frequently to make sure it doesn't become stagnant.

Headlights currently don't function.
            Slight damage to front bumper.
            Needs new alternator
            R135 /// 1990 Alpinweiß II 325is
            └┼┼┘ /// 1993 Black/Black Convertible (sold)

Comment

^
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post
                VIN for that 318is is as follows

WBAAF9319MEE74050

Luckily, not the one I was thinking of, but it does have some info floating around online.

https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...318is-noob-Q-s

So looks like it's not the same one - but 7 years and 20K+ more miles.. Was in Florida - I'd still go over it for rust in the usual spots and see if there is anything suspicious.
                1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                2016 Ford Flex
                2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                  Luckily, not the one I was thinking of, but it does have some info floating around online.

https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...318is-noob-Q-s

So looks like it's not the same one - but 7 years and 20K+ more miles.. Was in Florida - I'd still go over it for rust in the usual spots and see if there is anything suspicious.
                  Shit, 4,000 dollars for a 40k mile 318is back in 2010. Holy hell.

Comment

1991 Sterling Mtech Vert - https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/...174331267.html

Needs a little love on the outside, but interior is pretty amazing.

If this is who I think is selling it, the guy has 3 or 4 Mtech II cars. A friend of mine bought some parts off him a few years back and caught a glimpse of several in his garage.

If I hadn't picked up my Sterling 325is last year, I would be checking this thing out tonight.
                    1989 325is Lachssilber - Sold
                    1990 325is Sterlingsilber - Current Project
                    September 2018 Car of the Month: Zeemz
                    Youtube Track & Autocross Videos

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0144.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	102.4 KB
ID:	7192117

Name:	IMG_0145.JPG
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	7192118

Name:	IMG_0146.JPG
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	7192119
                      $3500 OBO

Hello all!

My hubby spent all winter long doing fantastic things to his beloved 1990 E30 BMW 325i 5 Speed Manual with a M20 2.5 liter 6 cylinder.

Hubby rebuilt the rear end, front end, replaced the drive shaft, new radiator, thermostat, and various other things I know nothing about since, well, I have ovaries, to this little Calypso Red convertible. (He gave me an exact list of the things he did do to the BMW to post, please scroll down to read. but before you do, read my story...)

Anyways, as old farts, we drove the little bimmer around on the weekends, through countryside back roads admiring the emerging corn fields. Life was good.

So what happened, you ask?

Well, I'll tell you.

We were cruising down 180 with the roof down from Frederick last week, Thursday night to be exact. It was a beautiful night... the moon was half full, and bright as can be... the air cool, and the stench of cow manure from the farm fields mercifully faded. Fire flies were dancing along the wooded roadside as we puttered along. We were smiling.

That's when it happened.

From a steep embankment, on a bend in the road, along the edge of a fenced farm field, two, yes TWO *&;%$$#@ 3-point young bucks jumped the fence and proceeded to barrel down the steep embankment.

Sitting in the passenger seat (I don't drive stick), my eyes connected with the buck closest to me (They were coming down the embankment side-by-side, just like the song from the 50's, but I digress) and I know for a FACT that deer had the same thought cross his mind, as my own, of "Oh Sh**!"

BAM BAM BAM

I'm not good at Physics, but the force of impact of those two bad boys took out the passenger side front wheel well panel, windshield, passenger door, and rear side panel.... of my husband's beloved little E30. Sigh.

Here's the kicker:

Since one cannot insure an antique car in Maryland for collision, we calculated the cost of repair, paint and what not to bring her back to her formal glory, and alas, it exceeds what is reasonable for our senior citizen sensibilities. We've already sunk enough money into the old girl buying her baubles and such... it is time to either sell her at a huge discount for what we have in it, or piece her out.

I have a sad hubby because it is an unfortunate demise of a fabulous running car.

I've included a picture of the two stupid deer that brought us to this point, and their imprint left on the car.

My hubby has sadly provided me a list to post below of stuff he has done to the little bimmer. I warn you, he's a tad anal retentive in doing things right without cutting corners. Anyone who owns these delightful cars knows how pissy they can be if you don't buy them the good stuff. If you like, Bill will yak with you about it. Here's his list:

Recent work

Engine
                      New:
                      Timing belt
                      Water Pump
                      Belts

Cooling
                      New:
                      Radiator
                      Fan Clutch

Drive Train
                      New:
                      Center Bearing

Rear Suspension
                      New:
                      Sub frame bushings
                      Control Arm Bushings
                      Rotors
                      Brakes
                      Parking Brake Pads
                      Parking Brake cables
                      SS Brake line (inner and outer)

Front Suspension
                      Recent
                      Front Control arm bushings
                      Front Control arms
                      Sump Armor Red46
                      GARAGISTIC Upper strut bar
                      GARAGISTIC Lower cross brace

NEW:
                      Koni adjustable FRONT Sport Struts
                      Koni adjustable REAR Sport shocks
                      Street adjustable Camber plates

Heated front Sport Seats with new seat shocks
                      Nice interior Seats / panels / carpet and trim
                      Crack free center stack
                      Working speedometer / tachometer / mileage / odometer / lights / inspection lights

Runs smooth / cruise control works / rebuilt shifter (new cup / bushings)

M20 2.5 liter 6 cyl 5 speed manual transmission

Will need
                      front passenger fender
                      Passenger door
                      Rear quarter panel dents pulled
                      Windshield

Offering car whole before part out begins

So- there you have it friends. Obviously it would be easier to scoot her out the door to a new home without taking her apart. This is a wonderful, spirited car in incredible running condition. Hate to see her end her days by stupid deer.

Look under contact info for my cell number. Feel free to text, or email.

Thanks for reading!

Caroline

The Build:
                      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=191125

Comment

Originally posted by ttrousdell View Post
                        https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/...172516900.html
                        [ATTACH]115046[/ATTACH]
                        [ATTACH]115047[/ATTACH]
                        [ATTACH]115048[/ATTACH]
                        $3500 OBO

Hello all!

My hubby spent all winter long doing fantastic things to his beloved 1990 E30 BMW 325i 5 Speed Manual with a M20 2.5 liter 6 cylinder.

Hubby rebuilt the rear end, front end, replaced the drive shaft, new radiator, thermostat, and various other things I know nothing about since, well, I have ovaries, to this little Calypso Red convertible. (He gave me an exact list of the things he did do to the BMW to post, please scroll down to read. but before you do, read my story...)

Anyways, as old farts, we drove the little bimmer around on the weekends, through countryside back roads admiring the emerging corn fields. Life was good.

So what happened, you ask?

Well, I'll tell you.

We were cruising down 180 with the roof down from Frederick last week, Thursday night to be exact. It was a beautiful night... the moon was half full, and bright as can be... the air cool, and the stench of cow manure from the farm fields mercifully faded. Fire flies were dancing along the wooded roadside as we puttered along. We were smiling.

That's when it happened.

From a steep embankment, on a bend in the road, along the edge of a fenced farm field, two, yes TWO *&;%$$#@ 3-point young bucks jumped the fence and proceeded to barrel down the steep embankment.

Sitting in the passenger seat (I don't drive stick), my eyes connected with the buck closest to me (They were coming down the embankment side-by-side, just like the song from the 50's, but I digress) and I know for a FACT that deer had the same thought cross his mind, as my own, of "Oh Sh**!"

BAM BAM BAM

I'm not good at Physics, but the force of impact of those two bad boys took out the passenger side front wheel well panel, windshield, passenger door, and rear side panel.... of my husband's beloved little E30. Sigh.

Here's the kicker:

Since one cannot insure an antique car in Maryland for collision, we calculated the cost of repair, paint and what not to bring her back to her formal glory, and alas, it exceeds what is reasonable for our senior citizen sensibilities. We've already sunk enough money into the old girl buying her baubles and such... it is time to either sell her at a huge discount for what we have in it, or piece her out.

I have a sad hubby because it is an unfortunate demise of a fabulous running car.

I've included a picture of the two stupid deer that brought us to this point, and their imprint left on the car.

My hubby has sadly provided me a list to post below of stuff he has done to the little bimmer. I warn you, he's a tad anal retentive in doing things right without cutting corners. Anyone who owns these delightful cars knows how pissy they can be if you don't buy them the good stuff. If you like, Bill will yak with you about it. Here's his list:

Recent work

Engine
                        New:
                        Timing belt
                        Water Pump
                        Belts

Cooling
                        New:
                        Radiator
                        Fan Clutch

Drive Train
                        New:
                        Center Bearing

Rear Suspension
                        New:
                        Sub frame bushings
                        Control Arm Bushings
                        Rotors
                        Brakes
                        Parking Brake Pads
                        Parking Brake cables
                        SS Brake line (inner and outer)

Front Suspension
                        Recent
                        Front Control arm bushings
                        Front Control arms
                        Sump Armor Red46
                        GARAGISTIC Upper strut bar
                        GARAGISTIC Lower cross brace

NEW:
                        Koni adjustable FRONT Sport Struts
                        Koni adjustable REAR Sport shocks
                        Street adjustable Camber plates

Heated front Sport Seats with new seat shocks
                        Nice interior Seats / panels / carpet and trim
                        Crack free center stack
                        Working speedometer / tachometer / mileage / odometer / lights / inspection lights

Runs smooth / cruise control works / rebuilt shifter (new cup / bushings)

M20 2.5 liter 6 cyl 5 speed manual transmission

Will need
                        front passenger fender
                        Passenger door
                        Rear quarter panel dents pulled
                        Windshield

Offering car whole before part out begins

So- there you have it friends. Obviously it would be easier to scoot her out the door to a new home without taking her apart. This is a wonderful, spirited car in incredible running condition. Hate to see her end her days by stupid deer.

Look under contact info for my cell number. Feel free to text, or email.

Thanks for reading!

Caroline
                        Such a shame. How much for the Lawn Chair?
                        F80 ///M3 CS
                        i3 REx LCI
                        Previous: F80 M3 • I01 i3 REx • F30 340i M Sport ZTR • F30 328i Sport • Audi B7 S4 25Quattro #33 of 250

Comment

^repasta that one is. we already have it 2 pages back.

great ad though. nothing like seeing mangled up road kill wilst perusing the for sale ads.
                          sigpic
                          Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                          92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                          88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                          88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                          87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                          12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

cheap 325is:

https://albany.craigslist.org/cto/6178019414.html

I e-mailed seller for pics of the rust. It's somewhat gnarly. I'd offer $2,000 and nurture it back to life, but I already have two e30's and not enough space.

Comment

I bought the deer kill car. Gonna fix it up. Parts requested are a fender, windshield and door lol

Comment

Originally posted by quanaman View Post
                                I bought the deer kill car. Gonna fix it up. Parts requested are a fender, windshield and door lol

That's awesome! Good luck with the project. Too bad you can't fix the deer LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                R135 /// 1990 Alpinweiß II 325is
                                └┼┼┘ /// 1993 Black/Black Convertible (sold)

Comment

Working...
                                X