Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 'Craigslist find' thread - awesome & awful (eBay, Kijiji, etc.)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

look at vivek, actually dropping some good advice. i think he may have just matured into a 14 year old.
    AWD > RWD

Comment

http://charlottesville.craigslist.or...947243324.html

'68 Mustang rolling chassis - $800 (Louisa)

Date: 2012-04-25, 1:01PM EDT
      Reply to: jhq3d-2947243324@sale.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

I am selling my '68 Mustang rolling chassis. Its just the body and frame. No title. Was gonna be built for racing but my father-in-law has become sick so we have other priorities now. All reasonable offers considered.
      Thanks for reading. Serious inquiries only
      Call or text Chris
      540-461-0786

Credit goes to Inufaye for alerting me to this dealio.
      1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

No idea if it is a repost, but damn that's the way to sell a car.
        sigpic'87 335i

Comment

500+ HP Turbo M3 - $14500 (hayward / castro valley)

Date: 2012-07-30, 11:19AM PDT
          Reply to: bgp44-3159196999@sale.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Selling my turbo m3. Asking $14,500 with Fikse or $13,000 with stock wheels. Lots of money has been invested in this car and it runs very well. Kind of sad to see it go, but it's time to move on. Please feel free to give me a call or email with any questions you may have.

This is a prime example of an e36 and is in very good condition. Suspension has been completely refreshed and the car drives amazing even with 500hp +

(858)248-5918

alpine/black
          5 spd
          144K miles
          Clean title
          Very nice example of an e36 m3, very fast and drives great.
          Passes CA smog, and comes with a carb sticker(ive had it smogged about 4 times at any old random smog station, no need for a "hook up")

engine.

M52 block, s50 head and cams, .140 headgasket
          custom turbo setup using a spa manifold and a percision pt67/76 turbo.
          tial 38mm wastegate
          3 inch exhaust with magnaflow cat/and muffler
          TRM blow through tune with 60# injectors
          custom frontmount intercooler with hks bov(pipes tucked up OVER the subframe)
          Trm walbro fuel pump kit
          Every sensor is oem & new on the motor(crank/cam sensors,tps,coolent temp exc..)
          OBD2 valvecover swap with fresh gasket and obd2 coilpacks
          new spark plugs
          New radiator/water pump/ thermostat/ hoses about 5k ago
          new battery
          + more that i cant remember at the moment

driveline/suspension/wheels

Southbend stage 5 clutch
          new slave/master and uuc clutch line
          Bilstien sports (jt rsms)
          B&G springs
          uuc rtabs
          powerflex fcabs
          uuc race red tranny mounts
          new oem front control arms
          new oem tie rods
          new brembo blanks all around with brembo pads
          complete shifter assembly with all bushings are new oem and zhp knob
          Fiske fm10's wheels 17/8.5 all around with new falken azenies tires
          Racing Dynamics front strut bar
          Fresh alignment

exterior

depo headlights with hids
          OEM clears all around
          nice paint, all oem panels w/ vins

interior

lux door panels have been added
          kenwood cd player with amps speakers and 2 12" subs
          AEM wideband
          Greddy boost gauge
          Blitz dual SBC spec R boost controller
          momo steering wheel

Email me for additional pics

Didnt think you could run an aftermarket turbo kit legally. I also had no idea about the CARB sticker BS in Cali...learning all the time
          sigpic2000 323ci
          1987 325is super etta
          1988 M5
          2000 M5
          1989 944 turbo
          1989 325is

Comment

In Cali you can't. I don't think you can technically in CO either. I was looking into it, even aftermarket suspension is illegal unless it is just a heavy duty shock.

Comment

2k is way too much, but can be a fun project for the right price
              87 ETA | Hibernating

Comment

^Someone in that area bought a car that fits that description (mtech 2 vert, hit in front, white on white), fixed it, and it's now for sale. I'm not suggesting in any way that it's the same car, but that's one hell of a coincidence for such a rare e30.
                The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
                Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
                2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
                2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

Originally posted by Vivek View Post
                  ^Someone in that area bought a car that fits that description (mtech 2 vert, hit in front, white on white), fixed it, and it's now for sale. I'm not suggesting in any way that it's the same car, but that's one hell of a coincidence for such a rare e30.
                  pics?

This car is so temping. :hitler:
                  87 ETA | Hibernating

Comment

Originally posted by e30Villain View Post
                    2k is way too much, but can be a fun project for the right price
                    thats an mtech 2 appearance vert. if it has a straight frame i would pay double his asking price. its technically not a "real" mtech car, but still rare. it sounds like the owner doesnt know what he has.
                    sigpic
                    1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
                    1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
                    1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

1981 E12, not bad!

- Josh
                      1990 325is

Need a shift boot?
                      Looking to buy shift boot frames, PM if you have one to sell

Here's what happens when you let the internet pick your license plate

Comment

Originally posted by Cletonius View Post
                        Yeah I know that guy. Cool car, the real deal, but it needs tlc. I thought about it. If I wasn't so dead set on an e10, it would be in my driveway.
                        Yours truly,
                        Rich
                        sigpic
                        Originally posted by Rigmaster
                        you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

Originally posted by 325ix View Post
                          In Cali you can't. I don't think you can technically in CO either. I was looking into it, even aftermarket suspension is illegal unless it is just a heavy duty shock.
                          Relating to CA laws- You can, you just need a C.A.R.B. sticker on EVERYTHING (I believe) for it to be legal. And of course the smog numbers need to be clean.

As for suspension- it's not physically the components that are illegal i.e. No "C.A.R.B." sticker or anything of the sort is needed, because suspension has nothing to do with California's Air Resources Board. However there are hidden regulations most people don't know.

Lifted trucks are limited to a 27in-30in (based on your GVWR) frame height. Basically it's the vertical distance between the ground and the lowest part of your frame- if you exceed it, it's illegal. They can also get you for shit like not having mud flaps, etc. But with anything, there can be quick fixes.

Lowered cars also fall into this category. It's not that the suspension is illegal- it's the result of it being lower than what the manufacturer intended, therefore it can be considered unsafe for normal driving conditions.
                          Side note: About a week ago I was cited for my "failure to obey a traffic sign" IN my school parking lot. A vehicle is not supposed to enter the parking lot what-so-ever if the light is red (Normally you can come to a complete stop, make sure it's safe, and make a right turn.) but I made the turn anyways thinking I could save some time parking. I saw the officer start up his motorcycle (in the school parking lot) immediately- however I had to cross a speed bump to get to him. Instead of being nonchalant and going straight over it...putting my lip, splitter, oil pan and exhaust at risk, I always go sideways to gain leverage. I did just that, and was questioned why; I simply responded "These speed bumps seem to be particularly harsh in comparison to others in town, I didn't want to risk damaging anything underneath." He then informed me after taking a look under my car that absolutely nothing can hang lower than the lower lip of your rim (exhaust, front lips, body kits, etc.) otherwise it can be considered illegal. He was cool though, wrote me the ticket I deserved and said "Being a car enthusiast I'll let the height issue slide, but this could cause you a real headache with another officer."

Comment

What are those headlights? Ugly rims too.

"two tone E30
                            only has 140K
                            custom interior
                            runs excellent
                            drives excellent
                            looks very nice
                            lots of work done to it
                            extra car now so I'm sale-ing it
                            Wired for subs
                            If post is still up car is still for sale
                            Trade for good mpg car, let me know what u have
                            call/text (206)327-7683"
                            Attached Files
                            Originally posted by blunttech
                            so true.. never let them know where you live..I almost ended up in jail when I was raping young women on craigslist

Comment

Originally posted by Silverdogz View Post
                              I'm sale-ing it
                              Is he selling it, or taking it sailing?

29 Model A // 55 GMC 100 // 66 C10 // 72 BMW 2002 2.7 M20 Turbo // 75 CB500T Custom // 04 BMW M3 // 13 BMW 328i Sport

72 BMW 2002 2.7 M20 Turbo Build Thread // INSTAGRAM
                              Gewerkschaft der Polizei Sticker/Clings For Sale $8

Comment

Both!
                                Originally posted by blunttech
                                so true.. never let them know where you live..I almost ended up in jail when I was raping young women on craigslist

Comment

Working...
                                X