Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 'Craigslist find' thread - awesome & awful (eBay, Kijiji, etc.)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BaltimoreBimmer View Post
    this is why CL prices don't mean a thing these days. It all has a bunch of bs packed into it. Just put down what you think it's truly worth.
    I agree with the principle, but it's in your best interests to let people talk you down a little bit and think they're getting a good deal.

Everyone else is doing it and sometimes you've gotta play the game...

Comment

Originally posted by Metallated View Post
      I agree with the principle, but it's in your best interests to let people talk you down a little bit and think they're getting a good deal.

Everyone else is doing it and sometimes you've gotta play the game...
      Agreed 100%

My fiance owns a local business. She sells high quality kitchen stuffs. Business was a bit slow after moving from a downtown location to a new, fancy, strip mall location.

In order to increase business I advised she implement 1 simple strategy. Make people feel like they are getting a deal. They all want a story to tell. Especially the kind of people who buy 600 dollar blenders.

It's the same reason Kohl's or Macy's or any other huge store has 75% off sales! People want to feel that they have purchased something for a good deal and got it for 75% of its 'value'! Don't mention to them that it still cost only 4% of the 75% off price to manufacture and transport to the store. They got a deal!!

Anyways, we created a few simple sales strategies and business began to pick up almost immediately.

I take this mindset with me during every car I list for sale, or I intend to purchase. Makes the sale/purchase infinitely easier.
      Last edited by MR E30 325is; 06-06-2017, 08:04 AM.
      My previous build (currently E30-less)
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty.Piranha
        Only thing that I see that is even a slight turn off is the front comfort seats, but that is an easy 5-600 dollar fix.

I bet it disappears quickly, especially out in LA.

Comment

Maybe the seller has a very large butt and needs those vinyl seats in order to fit in the car.

It does look good Rusty. I would go lay my eys on it if i were you since its local.
          sigpic
          Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
          92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
          88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
          88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
          87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
          12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty.Piranha
            EVERYBODY SHOULD STEER CLEAR OF THIS CAR!! IT'S THE HORRIBLE EBAY SELELR - TheCoupeKing

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1989-BMW-3-S...p2047675.l2557
            Rusty should work in homicide lol, i've been contacting that black 325i seller in LA since yesterday, he told me i could pass by to see the car today, he's been MIA all of today. Turns out the number matches the a-hole ebay seller. 818-915-5059. Stay clear.

Comment

If anyone wants to take a shot at a free shell, i just saw this guy https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...17263064996372
              Looks hecka beat up but its free and might be rust free.

Comment

Excellent work!

Comment

Seems overpriced to me but I'm not familiar with the rarity in these special e30s

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Comment

The kit alone is worth more than the pile of junk it's put on lmao

To be specific: It's an eta with a head swap, some fancy Startecs and a bodykit that doesn't look as good as the MT1 imo. Needs bodywork, a respray and some interior work. 3k tops.
                    Last edited by UlrichFennec; 06-06-2017, 10:26 PM.
                    "Leafeon" '92 Lagunengrun 325i Vert (Daily Driver/Project)
                    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=366044
                    The stickers make it go faster. :nice:

Comment

i generally agree with you ulrich. don't forget the wheels and euro bumpers too. i think that even though it is indeed a pile of crap, there is probably someone that will pay 4+k for it as long as there isn't any rust. its such a shame. there are a ton of rare parts there but the execution looks like the owner blasted a deuce all over it.

i wonder if that front valance is a fiberglass rep?
                      sigpic
                      Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                      92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                      88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                      88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                      87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                      12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by UlrichFennec View Post
                        The kit alone is worth more than the pile of junk it's put on lmao

To be specific: It's an eta with a head swap, some fancy Startecs and a bodykit that doesn't look as good as the MT1 imo. Needs bodywork, a respray and some interior work. 3k tops.
                        Not worth the asking price, but if the mileage is correct this is not bad. Could probably haggle down based on the interior and exterior.

If you picked this car up for $6500, you would be looking at $3500 for a decent paint and body job. Most enthusiasts have an extra interior or two laying around. That engine should be fine until you feel like an engine swap. Not the worst I have seen. I mean, I wouldn't buy it.
                        sigpic
                        Gun control means using both hands
                        Sex, Drugs, Rock 'n roll. Pick two.

Comment

e30 m3 296k miles for $15,900

Comment

^that seems almost too good to be true
                            1990 325is
                            m52b28
                            3.73lsd
                            g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

^I agree, by the lack of description and photos...

Comment

Doesn't help that they state its in good 'mechanical' condition, but no mention of body or rust condition.
                                Steve • Toronto
                                1991 318is • Brillantrot
                                Build Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X