Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 'Craigslist find' thread - awesome & awful (eBay, Kijiji, etc.)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Impressively crap, also, can't figure out if those are some GM seat or from a Volvo.

Originally posted by varg View Post
    Has flagging ever actually worked? I've been flagging dealership spam and scams as long as I've been on craigslist and I've never come back the next day to find it removed.
    Only when others flag your posts.

Comment

Has flagging ever actually worked? I've been flagging dealership spam and scams as long as I've been on craigslist and I've never come back the next day to find it removed.
      i think multiple people have to flag before the ad actually goes away. don't auto ads cost like 5 bucks each now? i think that would cut down on a lot of them.

that e with the burned quarter panel is a dumpster fire, but i think it is well worth 1500 bucks.
      sigpic
      Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
      92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
      88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
      88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
      87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
      12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Some Aussie adds have been getting into the crack pipe range lately - https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/toorak/cars-vans-utes/1989-bmw-e30-318i-series-2-manual-with-m40b18-sohc-1-8l-engine-/1224791889

Nice car, but $21k for a bottom of the range stripper spec with an M40?! There's also an S54 swapped car someone is trying to get $52k for - to put it into perspective you can pick up an e46 M3 manual for $25 - $35k or an e39 M5 manual for similar money. An e92 M3 manual with around 60,000 miles for $40k.
        My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

It appears to be a slicktop, that does a lot for value. With no knowledge of the Aussie car market I don't know what E30 prices have looked like over the past few years, but $21,000 AUD is $14,208 USD and I could see an equivalent car going for more than that on Bring a Trailer easily. With an M42 swap it would be the perfect 4cyl E30.

IG @turbovarg
          '91 318is, M20 turbo
          [CoTM: 4-18]
          '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
          - updated 1-26

Comment

1994 Bmw 325is mtech 1/150 made - $4999
            I've never heard of one of this car before. Basically a slower E36 M3 with cooler trim.

91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
            Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
            E30 can make you, E30 can break you
            "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

With an M10 swap it would be the perfect 4cyl E30.
              Fixed.

Comment

1991 BMW E30 with S50 B30 Euro Engine Swap, as featured here by Roads Untraveled: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4bk-X00PDU

- Year: April 1991
                - Model: E30 318is SE (Special Edition) - available in unique colours and trims not previously available for this model
                - Current Mileage (Chassis): 318k km
                - Current Mileage (Engine): 300k km (46k km since full rebuild)
                - Exterior Colour: Laguna Green, no rust
                - Interior Colour: Black leather seats with beige carpet
                - Seats: 5
                - Wheels: custom built and re-finished, period-correct Compomotive 3-piece wheels with Radinox (stainless steel) lips
                - Engine and Drivetrain:
                - Originally from my 1994 E36 M3 Eurospec - S50 B30 Euro Engine, which I owned for 5 years, imported from Japan at 188k km
                - The engine had a full professional top and bottom rebuild at CG Motorsports at 264k km. CG knew the M3 well since I took delivery in 2009.
                - The entire M3 drivetrain was transplanted into the E30 at 284k km
                - Use: currently used as a daily driver from about Mar/April until late Oct
                - Home: parked in undercover garage
                - Ownership: I have owned this car for 6yrs and the engine and drivetrain for 10yrs
                - Other/recent: manual sunroof, Wilwood big brake kit, electric windows, Alpine stereo (OEM will be included), ellipsoid “smiley” projector headlights, Ground Control coilovers, IE sway bars, fully refreshed steering and suspension tie rods/bushings, new battery, etc.

I love this car and there is a lot more to it than most would care to read, so if you’re genuinely interested, please feel free to contact me for more information or to arrange a viewing. I can provide a list of modifications and upgrades to the purchaser to keep with the car for documentation. All documentation for the car and engine will be included with the sale.

Looking for $20,000, which is extremely reasonable for an E30 in this condition and in this unique specification. No test drives, but I'm happy to take you for a ride. Please, no time wasters. Low ballers will be ignored.
                Looks like he just bumped his build thread in the Project Car Forum, but didn't see he listed it for sale until I watched the video. Looks like a really cool car.

https://vancouver.craigslist.org/van...946933885.html

Comment

Originally posted by Tisoc View Post

Fixed.
                  I want an M10B16 E38 long wheelbase, single Solex only please.

Comment

Could that setup even get out of it's own way? 0-60 in days..
                    1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                    2016 Ford Flex
                    2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                      Could that setup even get out of it's own way? 0-60 in days..
                      The world needs more exceptionally slow cars. Basically, if a stock diesel Vanagon can outpace you to 60 you're good to go.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

The world needs more exceptionally slow cars. Basically, if a stock diesel Vanagon can outpace you to 60 you're good to go.
                        You don’t know terror until you’ve merged onto an 80mph interstate in a NA diesel W123 wagon.

Comment

Originally posted by Tisoc View Post

You don’t know terror until you’ve merged onto an 80mph interstate in a NA diesel W123 wagon.
                          Pshaw. Try a sharp left hand uphill cloverleaf onramp in a loaded RV converted MCI bus with Detroit Diesel with a leaky supercharger (which it needs to actually draw air), a very balky 4 speed, iffy air brakes and towing a track car.

Living dangerously is living.

Comment

Oh wow... Jeremy Clarkson would love this.

DO NOT TEXT, THIS IS A STREET LEGAL CHINESE MADE,2 CYLINDER,600 CC,MANUAL TRANSMISSION, NO AC,HAS HEAT,HAS A TITLE AND TAG,2800 MILES,PAINT IS POOR,DASH HAS SOME CRACKS,HAS A SCUFF ON DRIVERS DOOR,WILL DO 70 MPH,60 MILES PER GALLON,HANDLES VERY GOOD ON ROAD,CASH ONLY

Current Bimmers:
                            1991 525i, lagungrun
                            1991 318i M54B30 swapped, brilliantrot
                            1991 318i S52 swapped, diamantschwarz
                            1991 Bertone FreeClimber (with 2.7i M20B27 engine)
                            1989 325is, bronzit
                            1982 320i M50B25 swapped, alpinweiss
                            1981 320i, saphirblau
                            1976 2002, mintgrun

"Murderbrick" 1991 318i M54B30 swap

Comment

Wow, a 2800 mi/km?, completely falling apart, three wheeled probably not really legally road registered, questionable contraption. Best find in this thread in some time.

Comment

Sweet ass beach ride!

1987 bmw 635csi
                                condition: fair
                                fuel: gas
                                odometer: 89000
                                paint color: blue
                                title status: clean
                                transmission: manual

Selling our 1987 635csi BMW, roof has been taken off, windows don't roll down, may be a fuse.
                                Runs good, when operating, needs 2 back tires and rims taken off, and replaced with the ones in the trunk. Having trouble getting the rims off. Battery needs to be charged, but is good. Car is stuck on property by truck ramp at road going down to Opihikao. I have the clean title and registration in my name. No AC. Radio comes in back, with speakers, not installed. Call/email/text for more information

Cool classic car, fun project, great beach car,
                                sigpic84 325e

Comment

Working...
                                X