Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not a complete r3v but my car is totaled...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ill4noreason View Post
    I took their fist offer but am filing a counter offer. They paid me 2086.90. I am making a case that it is rust free, and a rare car as it was only produced one year and that It had a new paint job and new suspension components etc... I'm gonna post ads and completed ebay listings of 91 318's. then argue that mine had brand new clear coat base coat paint job not cheap maaco job. The paint and labor alone would have cost over 2,100 if I didn't do the work myself.
    Any other ideas or things I should bring up????

The price they included was with sales tax, condition adjustment,dmv fees, etc. I wanna know why they think a running driving rust free recently painted e30 is worth 2086.90???
    How can you file a counter offer after you've already accepted their first offer?

I think that once you receive the check and cash it, you're bound by the original offer.

Comment

Originally posted by ill4noreason View Post
      I took their fist offer but am filing a counter offer. They paid me 2086.90. I am making a case that it is rust free, and a rare car as it was only produced one year and that It had a new paint job and new suspension components etc... I'm gonna post ads and completed ebay listings of 91 318's. then argue that mine had brand new clear coat base coat paint job not cheap maaco job. The paint and labor alone would have cost over 2,100 if I didn't do the work myself.
      Any other ideas or things I should bring up????

The price they included was with sales tax, condition adjustment,dmv fees, etc. I wanna know why they think a running driving rust free recently painted e30 is worth 2086.90???
      Find a local appraiser and go from there. That is the only way to win that one. Even then, they could tell you to get lost.

Will
      '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
      '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
      '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
      '88 BMW M3

Comment

I really think you should try to make it work out on his tab. Old car insurance is never an easy matter. I hope all state feels generous and lenient and you can make your car even better than she was before. Relax man, that’s life.
        Last edited by lonamuller19; 09-11-2013, 11:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X