Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cali...modified exhaust fix it ticket help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cali...modified exhaust fix it ticket help!

So I got a ticket for a modified exhaust. Thing is my exhaust is stock minus the really awesome chrome tips my cousin installed on the muffler. It is however breaking down so as a result it is louder than it wouldve been in 1989 when it was brand new. I just passed smog fine recently with it. I explained this to the officer and she said I have to prove it's stock. When I asked her how I do that she replied "I dunno...take it to the dealer?" Thanks officer, very helpful. So how the hell do I go about doing this? I didnt see any stamp on my muffler showing its BMWness so I come to my R3V crew for some insight. Thanks
    sigpic2000 323ci
    1987 325is super etta
    1988 M5
    2000 M5
    1989 944 turbo
    1989 325is

Make them prove that it is not stock, what has happened to our country?

Comment

Originally posted by 10Toes View Post
      Make them prove that it is not stock, what has happened to our country?
      Lol... Good answer but I don't think that will fly
      sigpic2000 323ci
      1987 325is super etta
      1988 M5
      2000 M5
      1989 944 turbo
      1989 325is

Comment

It doesn't have to be stock. It just has to be under a certain decibel level.

Comment

Originally posted by danny View Post
          it doesn't have to be stock. It just has to be under a certain decibel level.
          +1

Patrick - IG:niicknac
          RIP 1987 BMW 325is - S50'd ZF 6-speed, flared, bagged

Comment

If you have the stock muffler take it to a local chp office and let them check it for you for free and all you have to do is go back to court with the ticket that the officer would stamp to approve that its a stock exhaust/ that it passes inspection and pay 25 bucks at the window.

I know it sucks to pay for something that you shouldn't pay for from the beginning but that's how some of our lovely california police officer function
            my project

http://r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=164374

Comment

Sooo you're telling me I have to go to court?? That's pretty fucked. There's no way around it?
              sigpic2000 323ci
              1987 325is super etta
              1988 M5
              2000 M5
              1989 944 turbo
              1989 325is

Comment

Originally posted by =======Live Fast! View Post
                Sooo you're telling me I have to go to court?? That's pretty fucked. There's no way around it?
                You dont have to go to an actual court session to see a judge. You simply to to the Courthouse and go to the clerks window.

Comment

My local PD will sign a fix it ticket for $10. Then it is off to the court clerk.

Comment

what a crock of shit. paying for fix-it tickets? court fees? i will never in kalifornia.

OP, sounds like these guys have it covered. i guess it's the price you pay for the nice weather and crowded highways.

Comment

Originally posted by e30_3I8I View Post
                      If you have the stock muffler take it to a local chp office and let them check it for you for free and all you have to do is go back to court with the ticket that the officer would stamp to approve that its a stock exhaust/ that it passes inspection and pay 25 bucks at the window.

I know it sucks to pay for something that you shouldn't pay for from the beginning but that's how some of our lovely california police officer function
                      So I go to CHP and THEY do an inspection? And what if they say it isnt stock when it is?
                      sigpic2000 323ci
                      1987 325is super etta
                      1988 M5
                      2000 M5
                      1989 944 turbo
                      1989 325is

Comment

op what you have to do is go to a referee. There are smog refs all around. basically what they do is inspect the vehicle to make sure it has not been tampered with or modded in any way. Then they issue you a certificate that gives the results.

Take that certificate to the court and the ticket will be waved.

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
                        Ig:ryno_pzk
                        I like the tuna here.
                        Originally posted by lambo
                        Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

Originally posted by Dj Buttchug View Post
                          op what you have to do is go to a referee. There are smog refs all around. basically what they do is inspect the vehicle to make sure it has not been tampered with or modded in any way. Then they issue you a certificate that gives the results.

Take that certificate to the court and the ticket will be waved.
                          Referee?? Where the hell are they at? Man this sucks. You don't have to deal with this kind of dumb shit on the east coast...
                          sigpic2000 323ci
                          1987 325is super etta
                          1988 M5
                          2000 M5
                          1989 944 turbo
                          1989 325is

Comment

Is that the same spot I got my car smogged at?
                            sigpic2000 323ci
                            1987 325is super etta
                            1988 M5
                            2000 M5
                            1989 944 turbo
                            1989 325is

Comment

google san fran smog referee station. youll find one nearby. They often have them at colleges where auto tech programs are offered.

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
                              Ig:ryno_pzk
                              I like the tuna here.
                              Originally posted by lambo
                              Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

Working...
                              X