MPG on your e30?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Vivek
    replied
    Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella
    According to fueleconomy.gov, a stock 325i(s) with 5 speed stick consumes just as much fuel as the 5.7 V8 hemi found in the Chrysler 300c.

    That beast turns out 363hp and 392 on regular! :eeek:
    Originally posted by russc
    The new m4 puts out power in the neighborhood of 430hp, and gets well over 30 mpg. :\
    Aren't those EPA estimates which don't mean jack shit in the real world? I'm pretty sure those are 100% calculated and not based on any actual road tests at all.

    Leave a comment:


  • Vivek
    replied
    375ish mile trip to LA got 25ish in a manual m20 convertible, two people, top down, backroads going 50-60 part of the way (in 4th sometimes too), and some traffic once we were on 101.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jackhdmn
    replied
    Just fixed my odo so I'll know very soon.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Leave a comment:


  • russc
    replied
    Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella
    According to fueleconomy.gov, a stock 325i(s) with 5 speed stick consumes just as much fuel as the 5.7 V8 hemi found in the Chrysler 300c.

    That beast turns out 363hp and 392 on regular! :eeek:
    The new m4 puts out power in the neighborhood of 430hp, and gets well over 30 mpg. :\

    Leave a comment:


  • Killacortes
    replied
    Mixed driving about 22mpg. On a 325i, 4.10lsd and a heavy foot

    Leave a comment:


  • Stanley Rockafella
    replied
    According to fueleconomy.gov, a stock 325i(s) with 5 speed stick consumes just as much fuel as the 5.7 V8 hemi found in the Chrysler 300c.

    That beast turns out 363hp and 392 on regular! :eeek:

    Leave a comment:


  • Scywrath
    replied
    19.28 MPG Fuelly average on my manual 327i with 3.46 LSD and a lot of crap in the trunk.
    99% relatively short-distance (3-6 mile) city driving, bumper-to-bumper traffic every afternoon, pulse and glide hypermiling when there is no one around who I would bother, one 6500+ RPM acceleration in 2nd or 3rd gear every 1 or 2 days.

    Leave a comment:


  • BenDem
    replied
    On my trip from Florida to Milwaukee, I got 26.5 on my 325i cabrio -- with two fat guys and a bunch of stuff on board. Top down probably 70% of the time.

    I'm cool with that.

    Leave a comment:


  • DER E30
    replied
    Originally posted by 2man
    Drove my M52 this last weekend from Seattle to SoCal.
    Tank1= 26.5mpg with a ton of hammering
    Tank2= 28mpg, flat road, constant 75-80mph
    Tank3= 27mpg, Hills @ 75-80mph
    Tank4= 27mpg, Cruising @ 75-80, but with a few top speed blasts

    Overall, I am very happy. We'll see what the city/freeway ends up being. I'll report back
    I need to 24v swap! It wouldn't cost any more in gas!

    Leave a comment:


  • BruceJ
    replied
    23.5 mpg mixed - runs like new!
    89 vert M20 autobox with 4.10 rearend - my DD
    best mpg is a paid for car... no car pymt buys alot of gas

    Leave a comment:


  • russc
    replied
    16.6 MPG average on fuelly. Best MPG I've ever hit was 27.5 on a highway trip, but otherwise 90% city driving. Stock 325is with slushbox.

    Leave a comment:


  • 2mAn
    replied
    Drove my M52 this last weekend from Seattle to SoCal.
    Tank1= 26.5mpg with a ton of hammering
    Tank2= 28mpg, flat road, constant 75-80mph
    Tank3= 27mpg, Hills @ 75-80mph
    Tank4= 27mpg, Cruising @ 75-80, but with a few top speed blasts

    Overall, I am very happy. We'll see what the city/freeway ends up being. I'll report back

    Leave a comment:


  • ikonwun
    replied
    25 mixed freeway and city.

    88 seta, manual, 2.93 LSD.

    I still think I should be getting better mpgs tho.

    Leave a comment:


  • RocketJohn
    replied
    22ish mixed with a 325iX

    Leave a comment:


  • kamotors
    replied
    18 mixed driving
    20-21 freeway when I had the 3.15torsen.

    not sure what I get with my 3.73 now.

    Leave a comment:

Working...