MPG on your e30?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 3vilE30
    replied
    Originally posted by stokerace
    ok well i get 15.3 .. WHY
    I used to get pretty crappy gas mileage like a half tank would barely last me a week, I changed out my whole ignition system (dist, rotor/cap, wires, plugs) and saw a huge increase in gas mileage. Check your air filter as well I run 15w-40 diesel oil and apparently heavy oils have a negative effect on gas milage as well but it's mostly negligible and check your valves make sure they are within spec.
    My SETA does better milage than my E90lci 328i which is surprising.

    Leave a comment:


  • AwakenNoMore
    replied
    I was getting 22mpg (combined, mostly highway) in my auto 325i. Somethings up now though, mileage is dropping off.

    Leave a comment:


  • anabolice30
    replied
    Originally posted by htown318is
    idk how you guys get good mileage on a 4.10. im avging 17.3 mpg every fuel up with the 325. even on the 318 with a 4.10 id be getting 21mpg. i must drive like a real prick.
    That's what I'm saying. I have a 4.10 and I get 17 driving like a wet blanket. 15 if I'm giving it a little go.

    Leave a comment:


  • stokerace
    replied
    ok well i get 15.3 .. WHY

    Leave a comment:


  • e30Villain
    replied
    I should stop driving like an asshole

    Leave a comment:


  • ST1G
    replied
    Originally posted by 3vilE30
    On 12 gallons of 87 octane I get about 300mi to the tank, which equates to 25mpg's. I drive a good 50/50 between city and freeway with mixed aggressive and conservative driving.
    88 Super ETA Auto/2.93 LSD
    I get this as well. Except I don't have an LSD and I have a standard. I get 490 KM per 55 litres of petrol. I drive "spirited" a lot.

    Leave a comment:


  • 3vilE30
    replied
    On 12 gallons of 87 octane I get about 300mi to the tank, which equates to 25mpg's. I drive a good 50/50 between city and freeway with mixed aggressive and conservative driving.
    88 Super ETA Auto/2.93 LSD

    Leave a comment:


  • f4tj0n
    replied
    How the hell do you guys get such good gas mileage? Im under 20mpg with 3.73's.

    Leave a comment:


  • 13bpower
    replied
    more than 10 less than 25. I do not drive this car for mpg.

    Leave a comment:


  • Laura
    replied
    mostly stock m20b25 vert. automatic that's been swapped to a manual. 3.73lsd. I get roughly 26 strictly highway and average around 21 mpg combined city and highway. I feel like 21 is kinda low.. especially since I only drive like an ass 50% of the time..

    Leave a comment:


  • MPLFoster
    replied
    325i with RacingDynamics performance chip running on 92oct. 25-26mpg mixed driving (mostly highway).

    Leave a comment:


  • htown318is
    replied
    idk how you guys get good mileage on a 4.10. im avging 17.3 mpg every fuel up with the 325. even on the 318 with a 4.10 id be getting 21mpg. i must drive like a real prick.

    Leave a comment:


  • andrewill
    replied
    What mph does everyone consider hwy speed? On the turnpike I normally do about 80mph and only get about 23-25 mpg according to the econometer, and I have a 2.93s diff.

    Leave a comment:


  • jharrel
    replied
    not sure what mine has. but it gets terrible gas mileage. i assume its my heavy foots fault.

    Leave a comment:


  • Coupelx
    replied
    my 86 e squeeked out about 23 on my christmas road trip. kinda disappointing for as much of a slug as it is.

    im thinking its geared to low because it gets better mileage if i can drive 75-80 instead of 60-65.

    Leave a comment:

Working...