MPG on your e30?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • rcsoundn1
    replied
    325ic, 5spd, bone stock, best I ever got was 25.5 driving from NJ to GA..... no traffic

    Leave a comment:


  • Verdurous
    replied
    91 octane

    Leave a comment:


  • nando
    replied
    91 RON? you can't buy RON gas in the states.. it's all RON + MON / 2.

    Leave a comment:


  • Verdurous
    replied
    24-28 on 91 ron, 1989 325is chipped headers cold air intake 13lb wheels redline lube.

    On a long road trip to mass I nearly held 30, but 88 had to much construction to keep it going.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ether-D
    replied
    M20b25 with an Eaton m90 manifold-mount roots type supercharger at 7psi and a 5-speed with 3.73lsd. I got 23mpg mixed but I hammer down a lot. That's exactly the same as I was getting before the m90. I think something was going on before with o2 sensor or something. I reckon I have about 220 crank HP now.

    edit: that's on premium.
    Last edited by Ether-D; 05-05-2014, 06:44 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Hooffenstein HD
    replied
    Originally posted by Wh33lhop
    ^ which is 15.7mpg and terrible if anyone's wondering
    I think cylinder 5 injector is stuck open because it keeps fouling plugs and misfiring hard.

    Leave a comment:


  • Varinn
    replied
    OBD2 S52B32 with M50 manifold, G260, 3.73 lsd and a heavy foot I get 12L/100km (19.6mpg) in town. Extended highway runs I average 8L/100km (29.4mpg), I drive fairly hard most of the time so I'm happy with the results.

    Leave a comment:


  • serdar255
    replied
    Calculated mine the last few fill ups and average 16.5 to 18 with a 4.10 and a heavy foot.

    Does that sound normal?

    Leave a comment:


  • Wh33lhop
    replied
    ^ which is 15.7mpg and terrible if anyone's wondering

    I'm getting about 19mpg so far mixed driving in my s50 cammed m50 with 4.10LSD winding it out to 7k every chance I get.

    Leave a comment:


  • Hooffenstein HD
    replied
    Tired 323i blowing a shit tonne of smoke and feels like it has the power of an M10B16. Getrag 260, small case 4.10 and a heavy foot.

    15l/100km in mild traffic city driving.

    Leave a comment:


  • DER E30
    replied
    My cammed m42b18 with 4.10 rear just got 28mpg ripping back and forth on backroads between the next town and home.

    I don't have a good freeway figure that isn't polluted with the backroad ripping behavior but am thinking North of 30...

    Leave a comment:


  • e30jake
    replied
    Seta 2.7i conversion, kamotors intake, m50 17lb injectors, Alpina chip copy, 2.93 diff

    Just got 34.6 doing 99% highway round trip at 65 mph with the windows down the whole way. Usually mid 20s around town
    Last edited by e30jake; 05-04-2014, 08:33 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • 702pjc
    replied
    Originally posted by nando
    Something is wrong. you should still be able to hit over 20 on the highway with a 4.10.

    I know my engine's not quite tuned right and my mileage is still better than yours, with a larger engine, 4.10s and AWD. I haven't done anything about it because I'm planning on redoing the entire EMS anyway.
    Well I'm in his situation as well. I'm getting gas mileage equivalent to a 5.0 mustang. Replacing the FPR and my injectors (I've already done the orings) are as my last hope.

    Leave a comment:


  • lukeADE335i
    replied
    Originally posted by lukeADE335i
    M30B35 manual e30 with 3.73 diff.

    City: 13L / 100km (18mpgUS)
    Highway:??? ... only recently fixed my odometer gears and began tracking mileage.

    Strangely, the city mileage is slightly better than when my car was a 2.0L M20 automatic!
    Can update this now as I did a country run today:

    City: 13L / 100km or 18 mpg
    Highway: 9.3L / 100km or 25mpg - mostly between 55 & 70 mph.

    Doesn't seem any worse than the performance orientated M20s in the tread :)

    Leave a comment:


  • nando
    replied
    Originally posted by anabolice30
    That's what I'm saying. I have a 4.10 and I get 17 driving like a wet blanket. 15 if I'm giving it a little go.
    Something is wrong. you should still be able to hit over 20 on the highway with a 4.10.

    I know my engine's not quite tuned right and my mileage is still better than yours, with a larger engine, 4.10s and AWD. I haven't done anything about it because I'm planning on redoing the entire EMS anyway.

    Leave a comment:

Working...