MPG on your e30?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • TurboJake
    replied
    I average 25-27 on my M20 with the exhaust, MAF conversion, 3.64 diff, and Gen III Injectors.

    IF doing 50-55 on a flat surface, that goes up to 32. But I never, ever do that so.
    Last edited by TurboJake; 05-06-2014, 12:06 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ether-D
    replied
    Originally posted by Conki
    When I wasn't pushing it I got 26 mpg on long trips with my manual M20 E34.
    I don't see why you couldn't do this in an E30.
    I got over 30mpg in my 87 535is 5-speed, if I kept it at 70mph on the interstate. Or at least, that's what I remember getting…

    Leave a comment:


  • Conki
    replied
    Originally posted by anabolice30
    I'm calling bullshit on anyone who says they get 25+ unless it is all highway with tall gears or m42. I have never, ever, been able to get above 22mpg on the 3 e30s I've owned.
    When I wasn't pushing it I got 26 mpg on long trips with my manual M20 E34.
    I don't see why you couldn't do this in an E30.

    Leave a comment:


  • nando
    replied
    Originally posted by anabolice30
    I'm calling bullshit on anyone who says they get 25+ unless it is all highway with tall gears or m42. I have never, ever, been able to get above 22mpg on the 3 e30s I've owned.
    nope. heck when I started out with my stroker (stock chip) I still got 20-24mpg. I got a consistent 21 average otherwise (stock, auto, 4.10s, AWD), and a best trip of 26mpg.

    Leave a comment:


  • obes
    replied
    in boost…haha not that much..

    Leave a comment:


  • whitebulat22
    replied
    My stock eta 140xxx miles, K&N air filter claims on the economy gauge to be maintaining near 40 on a cool night going 55 mph on Pacific Coast Highway. It's going to attempt a GPS monitored run of above 40 mpg hypermiling before I make it less efficient and put tires on that are bigger than my 185 Tiger Paws. In fact I'm so curious as to what it'll do that I'll be doing weight reduction / lowering / free flow exhaust tuning first to get everything I can out of it.
    Last edited by whitebulat22; 05-05-2014, 09:15 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • anabolice30
    replied
    I'm calling bullshit on anyone who says they get 25+ unless it is all highway with tall gears or m42. I have never, ever, been able to get above 22mpg on the 3 e30s I've owned.

    Leave a comment:


  • tractioncircle
    replied
    21mpg combined with a 4.10 diff.

    Leave a comment:


  • sLowRider
    replied
    I get about 23 average.

    Leave a comment:


  • AdironRider
    replied
    Well my eta ebbs and flows. Bout 60/40 city/hwy for me.

    Winter time (-30 starts are not uncommon) 22-23 combined, Summer time (30-40 startup temps) bout 25-27 combined.

    In the 7k miles I've put on the e30 my best tank has been 29.9 mpg, worst was 21.1 (didnt get above zero for the entire tank - ever welcome to Wyoming).

    Eta with 3.25 lsd, Conforti chip, bav auto headers and no cat. Hasnt been below 6.3k in elevation since October, and its cold here.

    I suspect lower elevation and warmer temps would raise my mileage by 1-2 mpgs.

    Leave a comment:


  • mrcheezle19
    replied
    I got 28 highway going to the san diego airport the other day. Not bad for an m52 tarbo.

    Leave a comment:


  • Herr Faust Schinken
    replied
    Originally posted by dannyyisntt
    Infinite. Because on jack stands :'(
    beat dat tesla

    Leave a comment:


  • dannyyisntt
    replied
    Infinite. Because on jack stands :'(

    Leave a comment:


  • Herr Faust Schinken
    replied
    20.6 because hills

    Leave a comment:


  • NoM54me
    replied
    '86 es with some kinda chip, bone stock otherwise: about 24 around town, 34 highway. Got 38 mpg over 40 miles of interstate on Easter Sunday. Only gets V-Power, ever.

    Leave a comment:

Working...