Do any of guys use driving gloves

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • DER E30
    replied
    Originally posted by UlrichFennec
    The only thing I have as a heater until I decide to un-bypass my heater core are my seats. :giggle:
    I have a set of brand new Oem seat heater pads for my vaders in my room haha. I didn't have time and didn't get the tools together to install them over Christmas break though. The way this school quarter is looking I'll probably not have time 'till summer ugh.

    Leave a comment:


  • ahrensNW
    replied
    I'm not sold on them yet.

    Side not. I think Gosling likes it up the butt, maybe uses the gloves to get a better grip on the headboard. Or other assorted "wood".

    Leave a comment:


  • UlrichFennec
    replied
    Originally posted by DER E30
    BMW driving gloves, they're thin and don't hamper any controls but mostly they help with the cold. The heater is meh in mine.
    The only thing I have as a heater until I decide to un-bypass my heater core are my seats. :giggle:

    Leave a comment:


  • DER E30
    replied
    BMW driving gloves, they're thin and don't hamper any controls but mostly they help with the cold. The heater is meh in mine.

    Leave a comment:


  • ELVA164
    replied
    Originally posted by AWDE30
    Haven't bought them yet but I think I'll go with Dents. Some old fuck told me they were good.
    I can't imagine what people call you behind your back...

    :???:

    Leave a comment:


  • ThatOneEuroE30
    replied
    Originally posted by flyboyx
    if you are a race car driver, a fighter pilot, or if it just fucking cold outside. if you wear them for any other reason while driving, you are going to look like a fruitcake.

    This. I only were gloves when its 10 degrees out. Like right now.

    Leave a comment:


  • flyboyx
    replied
    if you are a race car driver, a fighter pilot, or if it just fucking cold outside. if you wear them for any other reason while driving, you are going to look like a fruitcake.

    Leave a comment:


  • estoguy
    replied
    Only time I wear gloves is when its below -15 up here... and only until it's warm enough to handle the wheel barehanded. Hate the feel of driving with gloves on.

    Leave a comment:


  • Smelser
    replied
    Only gloves I ever wear when driving is SFI rated gloves as required and because I dont want my hands all burned and crippled. ANY other time? NO, And I drive Ready-Mix for a living.
    Edited: I have on occasion, worn insulated gloves. This is due to the -20 degree weather and giving the old farm truck approx 7 seconds to get up to a nice warmed up temp and taking off out the driveway late for work or going to a firecall.
    Last edited by Smelser; 01-06-2016, 04:32 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Brezzi
    replied
    Originally posted by varg
    Hand fedoras. You're not Ryan Gosling and you're not Steve McQueen. They just look dorky.
    I wear them because I am cooler than Gosling, McQeen's got me beat though.

    Also because they do keep the wear of my wheel and my car currently has no heat, but mainly because of the cool factor.

    edit: I don't wear them in the summer unless I'm going for a nighttime cruse - it just gets too hot.
    Last edited by Brezzi; 01-06-2016, 04:44 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • JasonC
    replied
    Originally posted by The München Monster
    I know there is already a thread about driving gloves, asking others what kind they wear. But I wanted a thread to gauge the general opinion towards them. I have a BMW pair like this:
    Aaaand go.
    Since they are the same threads, and you acknowledged that you knew about the other one. I went ahead and merged the two threads.

    Leave a comment:


  • TobyB
    replied
    how little time it takes to ruin an alcantara wheel
    Save the Alcants!

    Poor little bastards, living in the same awful slaughterhouses they kept the Naugas in
    back in the horrible 70's.

    It's inhumane. And people made PANTS out of the Naugas...

    Blech!

    t

    Leave a comment:


  • jhaurimn
    replied
    Originally posted by J.Rizo
    with that said, you might be overestimating how necessary it is to have an alcantara steering wheel on a daily;)...

    Leave a comment:


  • J.Rizo
    replied
    Originally posted by jhaurimn
    You are severely underestimating how little time it takes to ruin an alcantara wheel, especially on a daily.
    with that said, you might be overestimating how necessary it is to have an alcantara steering wheel on a daily;)...

    Leave a comment:


  • varg
    replied
    Hand fedoras. You're not Ryan Gosling and you're not Steve McQueen. They just look dorky.

    Leave a comment:

Working...