scion guy rips on bmw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

scion guy rips on bmw

I had mentioned something about a particular saab being a waste and the guy comes back with, "What a waste. A waste is every BMW with more than 90k miles on it. Head gaskets leak like you wouldn't believe. Front and rear main seals leak like never before. I have worked on more than my share and I have one good thing to say about those BMW's. They make them easy to work on because they know you will end up with those leaks."

I just thought it was funny. Ive owned 3 bmws and none have leaked or eaten a signifcant amount of oil. Please discuss..

www.rimstrader.com

all the parts you need to swap the M30 into your E30 here-> http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...ght=m30+mounts

99 540i/66 911

omg... a car with more than 100k miles on it needs maitenence... somebody call the polzei.

Will
    RIP e30 (brilliantrot '91 325i) 11/17/06 Byebye: 8/21/07
    Welcome e30 (brilliantrot '90 325is) 12/23/06
    DaveCN = Old Man
    My signature picture was taken by ME! Not by anyone else!

Originally posted by george graves
    If people keep quoting me in their sig, I'm going to burn this motherfucker down.

Comment

his car does have a warranty.
      sigpic

Comment

Both my 84 and my 87 leaked a lot, but no where near as much as my 86 mercedes, I think its a european car thing :)
        01 325Ci
        87 325iS w/ M30B35 swap

Comment

The difference is, the BMW is still running after 100k when most US cars have already gone to the junk yard. He is talking out of his ass. I work on BMW's all day long for a living, and to this day I have NEVER replaced a front or rear crank-seal on a bimmer (other than when doing a clutch, just to be safe), nor have I done a headgasket on one either. What a crack-head.
          '88 M3.2 S54 Lachssilber/Black
          '07 335i Alpine/Black Sedan
          '12 X5 3.5i Alpine/Black
          iS Splitters For Sale, PM ME!
          sigpic

Comment

i have to agree, the headgaskets on E30 M20s love to leak! ask jordan. it was something made by BMW so you dont need to do an oil change, just add oil!
            have changed plenty of cam seals too!
            but any motor can tend to leak with alot of miles. gotta love the leaky dog house seals on the head- rocker arm rod ends too!
            doesnt mean its a bad car though.
            never seen a leaky front main though.
            now that i think about it-- i need to sell my BMWs and buy a scion!!! hahahahaha

Comment

My m10 has 225,000 and it doesn't leak or burninate a drop.

Comment

My Eta made it 224,000 without leaking. I think its still running in a 318i now.
                Im now E30less.
                sigpic

Comment

My 2000 Tundra leaked from the cam seals, replaced under warranty at 40k.

My cab has not one drop of any fluid leaking from anywhere.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Originally posted by mikeedler
                    i have to agree, the headgaskets on E30 M20s love to leak! ask jordan. it was something made by BMW so you dont need to do an oil change, just add oil!
                    have changed plenty of cam seals too!
                    My headgasket was not the source of my leak as I had believed. The shop that assembled my head neglected to install the oring that seals the cam seal plate.

My engine doesn't lose a drop of oil anymore.
                    Tenured Automotive Service Professional - Avid BMW Enthusiast

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
                    https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

oh man talk about leaks. every dumb american here who brings their crappy chevy malibu or ford taurus to germany always has something to say about BMW and all their "problems" I have owned 4 BMWs now. all have been 1989 models and milage has ranged from 150-220 k. never had a head gasket leak, never had to add a quart a month or whatever people say. On the other hand. I work on American crap every day. (not by choice. The US Air Force keeps stickin to American cars and truck) In the last 2 weeks , 2 Dodge rams that needed headgaskets and one oil pump. Talk about cheap and crappy cars look no further than our backyard crap. Its no wonder GM is looking at cat 11. All i have to say to those is "Shut your mouth, get a m20 powered anything and see how IT lasts longer that your wifes 2003 Ford Focus."

Comment

I used to have an '89 325i that leaked oil really bad......but that's because I holed the oil pan :-?

Jon
                        Rides...
                        1991 325i - sold :(
                        2004 2WD Frontier King Cab

RIP #17 Jules Bianchi

Comment

BMW's are like any other car. There are lemons in the group. Nothing you can do. It just seems that retards always get the lemons. Coincidence?

Keep it slideways!!

Comment

there is lots of reliable domestic cars, and lots of unreliable domestic cars, just like there is lots of unreliable import cars, and lots of reliable import cars.

Comment

ahh let the poor slob ride on vinyl benches!
                              honda vtr1000f
                              cannondale caad4 hardtail full XT
                              burton FL project 162

Comment

Working...
                              X