Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cost of m52 motor

Hey I've got an m52b28 lined up that's coming out of 98 328i
    The motor has 180,000 km on it and it comes with trans, wiring harness, ecu, cooling system, accessories like maf coil pack injectors all those small things, also comes with clutch hydraulics. So how much do you guys think I should offer this guy for the setup??? Also any other parts I may need out of that car while I'm at it?

Hank Ahrens
    1984 Alpine Coupe
    1978 911sc

Comment

$500, but you're asking on r3v where people try to sell a used timing belt for $100 and would think it's fair to offer $20 for a moon roof.

m5x engines have been popping up for sale with all their accessories for around $200 in my area. Add another $200 for the trans, plus $100 for the rest of the goodies, and $500 is a fair price to offer to take everything at once instead of the owner having to sell it piecemeal. So offer $500, then negotiate to whatever you and the seller can agree on, maybe $700?
      sigpic
      1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
      1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
      1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Honestly, these cars can be had at auction smashed up for a couple hundred.. Except no history, and you usually have no clue the shape the motor is in (unless you can find a quick way to do a compression test) so if you got someone willing to do a little more to show that the engine is in sound mechanical condition, $700 is not out of line.. You can probably search around for one fitting that price at a reputable yard.
        1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
        2016 Ford Flex
        2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

...as much as you want to...
          I would be in the 500-750 camp, myself.
          t
          now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Wants 950

Okay I offered him 700$ for the whole setup and he wants 950. I also live on an island so it's not like there is a whole bunch of options without paying an extra 200$ for the ferry to Vancouver. I've been looking for suitabl motors for the swap for awhile and this has been the been the best deal so far

Comment

Seems steep to me. But bargain wit him, it seems like you already know you're buying it.
              Hank Ahrens
              1984 Alpine Coupe
              1978 911sc

Comment

Cash is king. Tell him okay. Go look at it and when you get there put 700 in his hand. He wont be able to tell no.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
                  Cash is king. Tell him okay. Go look at it and when you get there put 700 in his hand. He wont be able to tell no.

This.

I freely admit, that cash goes a long ways with me if you show up to my house to pick up parts.

There's no tax/fee's/waiting with cash in hand..
                  2016 Ford Flex

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                    This.

I freely admit, that cash goes a long ways with me if you show up to my house to pick up parts.

There's no tax/fee's/waiting with cash in hand..
                    Weak mind :P

It's worth what you're willing to pay. Sounds like given availability of what you want, 950 isn't the end of the world.
                    No antenna? I sell plugs!

Here: https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...77#post4937877

Comment

Shoot, you get more off if you bring (good) beer!

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk
                      2016 Ford Flex

Comment

Bought 3, paid $250 - $350, all came with ZF, ECU, harness, and all accessories. Sometimes driveshaft/steering rack/extra bits. Twice I've pulled it myself though, so that may offset the cost for some people.
                        Originally posted by priapism
                        My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                        Originally posted by shameson
                        Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

I have zero experience with M5x engines but I actually lived in Nanaimo (built 2 houses there). There's a big dismantler in Duncan you may want to check with just to get a feel for local prices and let's not forget that the $C is worth US$.70 today...so his $950 is our $675.

Having said that, I agre...cash is king and you want to ask a bunch more questions about the history of what you ar buying before you negotiate any further
                          Seat Shocks....I have passed the baton to John Christy from Ninestitch. Email John or Garrett at ninestitch1@gmail.com

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...86#post4944786
                          Alice the Time Capsule
                          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=360504
                          87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

Comment

i highly recommend a compression check too. if you buy this and it needs a rebuild, you will have over 2k into it by the time you are done.
                            sigpic
                            Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                            92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                            88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                            88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                            87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                            12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post
                              Bought 3, paid $250 - $350, all came with ZF, ECU, harness, and all accessories. Sometimes driveshaft/steering rack/extra bits. Twice I've pulled it myself though, so that may offset the cost for some people.
                              your avatar :rofl: i took a pic and sent it to nate he got a good laugh from it

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                              1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                              Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                              Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                              Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Working...
                              X