Previous owners: @#$%^&

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • McGyver
    replied
    Originally posted by rcsoundn1
    ^ I am going to go out on a limb and guess thet he did not use the correct hardware either
    Speaking of hardware, the PO managed to use a bolt that was 1/4" too long to put the water pump back in place. So the bolt bottomed out in the block before tightening the pump to the block. It pissed out 2 gallons of coolant on the 1 mile drive to my house.

    If the $500 price tag didn't alert me to the fact that I bought a broken project car, that first drive with basically no brakes should have. Now it's my DD and I love it like crazy. Fun times.

    Leave a comment:


  • PKile
    replied
    My new-to-me vert has a bunch of mechanical and detail issues, not from the PO working on it but from incompetent shops screwing things up. I'm currently sanding and repainting the battery shelf because the old battery leaked and whoever put the new battery in never bothered to clean and neutralize the acid spill. The shelf is getting 3 coats of epoxy primer followed by Randolph aerospace-grade battery box paint.

    Leave a comment:


  • rcsoundn1
    replied
    ^ I am going to go out on a limb and guess thet he did not use the correct hardware either

    Leave a comment:


  • McGyver
    replied
    Originally posted by Das Delfin
    When I bought my car so many things didn't work because of fuses either blown or missing altogether. Necessary things like high beam headlights...
    When I bought my coupe it came with ellipsoids screwed in place, but PO didn't bother trying to wire them up. I guess it was a "daytime only" kinda car...

    Leave a comment:


  • Kershaw
    replied
    She wouldn't say that.

    Leave a comment:


  • rcsoundn1
    replied
    Originally posted by Poopie
    my current e30 is currently getting stripped and resprayed because of knucklehead owners. Every time i take something apart i find something very wrong. I'm almost scared to go deeper
    thats what she said

    Leave a comment:


  • Das Delfin
    replied
    ^ yeah that's actually really easy to fix

    Leave a comment:


  • 2mAn
    replied
    Originally posted by Mike_z
    I bought an s50 swapped car. Put a new battery in it, drained in 2 days. Turns out I have a shit ton of drains, basically everything is pretty much on with the car completely off, as long as the battery is connected. Putting money aside to have it professionally rewired, cause I'm scared of touching anything. Among tons of other things
    start pulling fuses until you find the drain. at least then you can kinda drive it

    Leave a comment:


  • czkb
    replied
    bought mine in 2012 po was fed up with it didnt want it anymore the engine was partially disassembled(m40b16) & he just wanted to get rid of it,
    no lights were working & had a broken rear spring & broken rear tailights & holes in seat & exhaust a fender was bent electric mirrors non working & various switch/buttons were dead she had 330k kms,
    got her for 300€,
    i'm happy with it(all was fixed & was swap'd with a m52b25 then m60b30 next b40).


    ps;
    also had rust holes in driver's & passenger's floor, nothing that some welding couldnt fix
    Last edited by czkb; 04-18-2016, 12:35 PM. Reason: added ps

    Leave a comment:


  • Mike_z
    replied
    I bought an s50 swapped car. Put a new battery in it, drained in 2 days. Turns out I have a shit ton of drains, basically everything is pretty much on with the car completely off, as long as the battery is connected. Putting money aside to have it professionally rewired, cause I'm scared of touching anything. Among tons of other things

    Leave a comment:


  • supermansocks95
    replied
    P.O. Didn't give a shit about the car. Just wanted to sell it. He put in a lowered ~$300 suspension off of ebay and then the reverse shift fork broke 2 days after I bought it. Only gave me the brass spare key and then my stupid ass never got a new one. Then one day my dad broke the key off in the ignition. But the PO before him rebuilt the motor, I guess. The head, at least, looks fresh. I still love the thing, though. Had way more PO issues with my Pontiac.
    Last edited by supermansocks95; 04-18-2016, 06:58 AM. Reason: being dumb

    Leave a comment:


  • Fsnow
    replied
    Po didn't mess anything up or do stupid repairs, he basically did nothing at all for maintenance or repairs. So I have a very long list of things that need to be done. Looks shiny though.

    Leave a comment:


  • Das Delfin
    replied
    When I bought my car so many things didn't work because of fuses either blown or missing altogether. Necessary things like high beam headlights...
    Last edited by Das Delfin; 04-17-2016, 07:42 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Poopie
    replied
    my current e30 is currently getting stripped and resprayed because of knucklehead owners. Every time i take something apart i find something very wrong. I'm almost scared to go deeper

    Leave a comment:


  • estoguy
    replied
    I was lucky.... the PO of my E30 was my best friend, and he took good care of his. :)

    Leave a comment:

Working...