Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Curious if the bloke who bid 6k is having second thoughts..
    1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
    2016 Ford Flex
    2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

The real question is, is the reserve already met at this price, because it might not
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

What gets me, is the excuse that they went to regular E30 front glass for cost saving..

The only classes that require glass in the front, would require the S14 drivetrain (Improved Touring..etc.) So, then you do a swap to something else, you are in SP or German Touring and then you can use Lexan.

I think they just couldn't find a replacement front window frame.
        1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
        2016 Ford Flex
        2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Bonded windshields used to be a big deal but now it's very common. You can have any windshield glass shop come and do it. Certainly worth it on an M3 since they came that way. I think they got the roof and glass from a 318/325 (slicktop + non vented glass...maybe a 91 318?) and welded it on as a cheap fix. You can see the A pillar is silver in one of the pictures although the car is DS. Same color as the hood I might add. They do it to save a buck but it will end up costing them in the long run.
          Last edited by reelizmpro; 08-10-2016, 01:44 PM.
          "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
          88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
          89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
          91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

It's a shame that lachs M3 was clearly in a front and rear end collision
            My Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Wagen View Post
              It's a shame that lachs M3 was clearly in a front and rear end collision
              Are you talking about the "M3" on eBay or the low mileage one on BaT?
              Simon
              Current Cars:
              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Yeah, even Francisco Montoya wouldn't touch it!

Man, does that story date me or what?
                Last edited by Javier h; 08-11-2016, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Javier h View Post
                  Yeah, even Francisco Montoya wouldn't touch it!

Man, do that story date me or what?
                  oh shit, even I remember that story

If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

The stolen M3 titled as a 318?
                    "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                      Are you talking about the "M3" on eBay or the low mileage one on BaT?
                      The low mileage BaT one. It's obvious it was hit.
                      My Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Wagen View Post
                        The low mileage BaT one. It's obvious it was hit.
                        What makes you say that?

Seems a lot of E30's and I'm sure other cars on BAT are sketchy. I noticed they painted a bunch of things black under the car but that could just be rust proofing. Also the valve cover shouldn't look like that after only 50k miles. I'm at 150k miles and my VC still looks factory fresh. The plug wires don't look like they are designed for the S14 either. The body seams in the rear look distorted. I didn't notice anything obvious in the front though.
                        Last edited by reelizmpro; 08-10-2016, 10:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
                          What makes you say that?

Seems a lot of E30's and I'm sure other cars on BAT are sketchy. I noticed they painted a bunch of things black under the car but that could just be rust proofing. Also the valve cover shouldn't look like that after only 50k miles. I'm at 150k miles and my VC still looks factory fresh. The plug wires don't look like they are designed for the S14 either. The body seams in the rear look distorted. I didn't notice anything obvious in the front though.
                          The joint between the fenders and valence panel under the headlights is messed up. It looks like a new tail panel was welded in but that doesn't line up perfectly either. If this was truly an all original car then everything should be perfect, no reason the front bumper or side skirts should have been repainted or even the seat reupholstered... I'm guessing it got sandwiched in a low speed accident that took out the front bumper and valence and the rear panel. On unusually low mileage cars like this I always suspect it was in an accident at some early point in it's life or had careless owners. If I was in the market for a M3 I'd rather find that rolling shell project for a rotisserie restoration to guarantee everything is perfect. If the whole rebuild process is well documented and the car remains mostly original, then its value ought to be higher than this one in my opinion.
                          My Feedback

Comment

I hear you. A 50k mile car should be nearly perfect if they were taken care of but they often are not. Maybe someone should ask if the odometer stopped working? lol. That's what's so deceiving about low mile cars. A lot of these cars have simply been neglected. It will still bring good money just for the mileage alone and those guys won't flinch at the details mentioned above. The reupholstered seat is certainly a red flag. The rear seat seams are split on top which is common on sun exposed cars. Being a Japanese car, there's no history of it here in the US which is risky since I know we have shipped out many junk title M3's to other countries.

I went to a meet at a local dealership and met a guy who had a white M3 that was really clean inside but looked pretty rough outside. It was an original survivor but it was aged. I assumed it had 100K or more miles on it. To my amazement it had only 7K miles on the odometer. Looks like it had been sitting outside somewhere exposed to the elements all these years.

Comment

Nice black 325is was listed today on BAT. I will be listing mine soon so will be watching it to determine my reserve price.
                              1990 e30 325is S50 swap (NASA GTS2 race car)
                              1990 e30 325is
                              1988 e30 M3 S50 euro swap

Comment

Damn, Alpina car went for $63k.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                                Transaction feedback
                                - jpod999

Comment

Working...
                                X