Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how much was the mtech advertised here for?

Comment

Originally posted by amg463 View Post
      unfortunately credit card companies rarely side with merchants when it comes to disputes. no matter the terms and conditions.
      This. Been stung as a merchant a couple times. People think it's ok to fraud a CC once in a while, but it's hurting the little guy most of the time.
      john@m20guru.com
      Links:
      Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

And just like that , a second mtech2 car appears

Bid for the chance to own a No Reserve: 1991 BMW 325i Cabriolet M-Technic 5-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #9,530.
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

If things go my way in the next few days, I might be listing my own special e30 on BaT.

'91 325i

Comment

I guess it's a shame the way the site is ending up then. It's where I got my touring, which I'm pretty happy with.

Bid for the chance to own a 1990 BMW 325i Touring 5-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #1,845.

Ended up being as rust free as I hoped, which is pretty rare for a touring.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
              Do tell. Does it have to so with the e30 you sold?
              Most definitely.

Cliff notes: post car on BAT, talk to all sorts of people, some of them didn't even bid, guy I've never spoke to wins the car, says he's nervous about buying a car from out of state (WHY THE FUCK DID YOU BID THEN), finally sends me a deposit after almost a week, has me install A/C and do suspension work, reschedules coming to pay me/get the car three times, decides not to buy and asks for his deposit back. Have my lawyer write him a strongly worded "go pound sand"' letter and he backs off.

Contact BAT, they've got their money and don't give a flying fuck what happens with my sale, so they tell me to kick rocks, next two bidders in line either weren't interested or had bought something else.

End up finally finding the right home for it, which happened to be to an acquaintance of mine, which is a really good thing. BAT was just an epic waste of my time and I've since found out that this has happened with multiple others.....but the listings all says "sold for XXXXX", even though that is far from the truth.

It's neat to see the stuff that goes through there, but I fucking hate that site with a passion. Good for exposure, but that's it.

However, I have my M coupe now and I absolutely love that car, so it's all good :)
              '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
                Most definitely.

Cliff notes: post car on BAT, talk to all sorts of people, some of them didn't even bid, guy I've never spoke to wins the car, says he's nervous about buying a car from out of state (WHY THE FUCK DID YOU BID THEN), finally sends me a deposit after almost a week, has me install A/C and do suspension work, reschedules coming to pay me/get the car three times, decides not to buy and asks for his deposit back. Have my lawyer write him a strongly worded "go pound sand"' letter and he backs off.

Contact BAT, they've got their money and don't give a flying fuck what happens with my sale, so they tell me to kick rocks, next two bidders in line either weren't interested or had bought something else.

End up finally finding the right home for it, which happened to be to an acquaintance of mine, which is a really good thing. BAT was just an epic waste of my time and I've since found out that this has happened with multiple others.....but the listings all says "sold for XXXXX", even though that is far from the truth.

It's neat to see the stuff that goes through there, but I fucking hate that site with a passion. Good for exposure, but that's it.

However, I have my M coupe now and I absolutely love that car, so it's all good :)

Well then. I’ll never fuck with BAT other then seeing whats listed when i bored. Thats messed up in many ways

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

I think BaT is good if you have a nice original car, but once you start to deviate away from OEM it gets more and more polarizing. The cars that have sold there have done well, I know Austin and a few others have had people flake, but when you factor that they sell ~100 cars per week for the last 3-4 years I think the overall number of flakes is quite low.

Theres no reward without any risk.
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post

Contact BAT, they've got their money
                    When you say they have their money are you just talking about the $100 listing fee? Or do they get a cut of the "sale" price that you as the seller owe them or something?

Comment

Originally posted by BaltimoreBimmer View Post
                      When you say they have their money are you just talking about the $100 listing fee? Or do they get a cut of the "sale" price that you as the seller owe them or something?
                      Seller pays $99 to list. Buyer pays 5% of the final sale price to BaT, up to $5000. So in Austins case, they collected ~$1000 from the seller.
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:

Comment

I’ve had two buddies successfully sell cars through BAT, but it wasn’t without hiccups.

One was actually being bid on by two local people. Strange they didn’t buy it when it was for sale locally for several grand less..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                        2016 Ford Flex
                        2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                          Seller pays $99 to list. Buyer pays 5% of the final sale price to BaT, up to $5000. So in Austins case, they collected ~$1000 from the seller.

If 5% from buyer, then why would Austin be out $1,000?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                          1992 325i Cabrio
                          1988 320i Touring
                          2000 M5
                          1977 530i
                          2015 328i - Euro Delivery/Performance Center Delivery
                          BMWCCA
                          E30CCA

Comment

Austin’s not out the $1,000, that’s Bat’s fee from the buyer. We are just saying that BaT got their fee so they don’t care.

Comment

Originally posted by Echo30V View Post
                              Austin’s not out the $1,000, that’s Bat’s fee from the buyer. We are just saying that BaT got their fee so they don’t care.
                              Bingo. I only paid the $100 listing fee. Richard Cranium paid 5% ($1187.50) immediately upon auction close. As soon as BAT got their money from him, they didn't really care too bad what happened in my situation, since they got theirs.
                              '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by cory58 View Post
                                If 5% from buyer, then why would Austin be out $1,000?
                                Thats correct, sorry I wrote it out wrong.

Lets see what this cirrusblau vert closes at compared to the las time. Im predicting it wont get much past $10k
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:

Comment

Working...
                                X